Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UDAGAN radio interview just went live, featuring iOS produced track!

Radio interview just went live on RTÉ, featuring an iOS produced track!

‪So far now we've just published it here:

The track was tracked on my iPhone SE and edited on iPad Mini2.

Apps used include:

[Tracking stage]
AUM
Samvada
RF-1

[Editing]
Auria Pro
Thumbjam
Crystalline

The drum samples were actually taken last year while we were travelling in Istanbul with PreSonus Capture (a really cool app if you use Studio One!). The drum was in fact a table, made with the entire skin of a Lion. On the table was an eagles wing, a goats skull and a bees nest (we met some interesting people on that trip..). You can see it in one of our recording locations, here:

![]

The track was mixed and mastered by the third 'silent' member of our group Russell Cottier, who is a brilliant producer, using a Pro Tools rig.

EDIT:
I noticed that it embeds more 'seamlessly' here via SoundCloud directly, so here's the SoundCloud link too:

Please do engage with us on Twitter, however! We love interaction and discussion!

Comments

• interesting interview, but where's that track mentioned ?
    snippets sounded promising B)

• @Telefunky said:
    interesting interview, but where's that track mentioned ?
    snippets sounded promising B)

It's playing at the end under the speaking. Just a taste ;)

• ok, some patience applies ... :)

• edited June 2017

@Telefunky said:
    ok, some patience applies ... :)

Haha, yeah I think we have them a tough editing job. We sat and chatted for more than an hour to make a seven minute show! The music is an except from a short'ish' track titled 'Tolkuy Amtana' (which translates as "The Taste of Thought" in native Sakha language). It'll be showing it's head more prominently in upcoming promotion!

We're working hard right now on some big developments for UDAGAN! I will be sure to keep people updated (especially for iOS related things).

Thanks for listening to the interview by the way, I'm glad it was interesting to you.

• edited June 2017

yes, it was inspiring not only in a musical context.
    In this part of the world there's few to nothing about that part of the world - and whenever I happen to stumble across some documentation I'm usually fascinated.
    By sourroundings, how people get along with nature, their tradition and way to integrate (or simply trash things) in regard to 'modern times' and all that stuff.
    Did I get this right... you're married to the girl now ? makes a nice couple :smile:

• @Telefunky said:
    yes, it was inspiring not only in a musical context.
    In this part of the world there's few to nothing about that part of the world - and whenever I happen to stumble across some documentation I'm usually fascinated.
    By sourroundings, how people get along with nature, their tradition and way to integrate (or simply trash things) in regard to 'modern times' and all that stuff.
    Did I get this right... you're married to the girl now ? makes a nice couple :smile:

It was the same for me! (as you will have heard me describe in the interview). In the years since then I'm lucky to have learned a lot about this amazing hidden culture. In fact myself and Saydyy are going to release a book soon on it.

Yeah, we collaborated remotely and together a few times over the years since we met. One thing led to another and next thing you know.. In 2015 circumstances allowed for us to live together in the UK and now we're in the Republic of Ireland!