Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone pumped about Apple conference today?

I am. Lol.

Comments

• edited September 2013

I'll be pumped up if it means that after the conference the developers will be able to talk about iOS7 and not have to worry about NDAs. :-) Bring on the info guys! :-)

• ....aside from that, I think I already know what will be announced, so I don't think there will be any surprises or new news for me.

• I'm excited about it. I need to get @Audiojunkie's hookup for info. All I use it macrumors and appleinsider and they don't really have a clue whats going to be announced other than iphone in two flavors and a new fingerprint sensor. I really don't care much about the new hardware, but I'm defintely pumped to have the veil of secrecy lifted for the iOS7 interapp stuff.

• @boone51 You pretty much mentioned all that I know. Two separate iPhones: One model with a fingerprint reader and one model that is cheaper and uses variously colored plastic cases. iOS7 for the iPad will be delayed until October because of stability issues. Possibly a new iPad will be announced (which will be interesting), but I doubt it will happen today. If it does happen, we know that the case will be more narrow, while still having the same screen size. It is unlikely that it will have a faster CPU, but may have a much faster GPU. I don't see anything else on today's horizon, but it will be interesting if I'm wrong. While I don't expect anything outside of what I mentioned to happen, I will be monitoring for news throughout the day. :-) But, as I mentioned, what I really want is the iOS7 NDA to be lifted, and it will be a VERY interesting day if developers are finally able to talk in public about iOS7! :-)

• ....and maybe the iOS7 NDA HAS been lifted....Info is starting to trickle in! See this!

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1916/ios-7-can-let-apps-call-up-presets-in-other-apps

• Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about all the iOS7 stuff. Would LOVE to hear that the new iPad doens't really improve on it's processor because that would make my looming decision SO much easier (have been holding off upgrading my iPad 2 for the announcement - though I honestly don't expect the iPad announcement today). Just really want to know the skinny on the interapp audio.

• If the iPad got a new GPU, that would be a nice improvement, but it would more than likely be the difference between an iPad 2 and an iPad 3 as far as music apps and music creation would be concerned....but then, this is all just speculation. ;-)

• From Mac Rumors:

While Apple will apparently not be providing a live video stream, a number of tech sites are on hand for the event and will be posting live blogs: Engadget, Ars Technica, The Verge, TechCrunch, The Loop, Macworld, AllThingsD, CNET, SlashGear.

• I'll be excited at the next iPad's release.

• edited September 2013

it's out on sept 18th. ipad 2 and iphone 4 are still in the game. :)

• edited September 2013

10:20 am iWork is a really key advantage for our customers' productivity. iPhoto and iMovie are great for creativity.

10:20 am All apps will now be free. iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.

• There goes more space on my tablet! ;-)

• edited September 2013

That's what Moses said when he turned up to jot down the highly anticipated 5 commandments...

• edited September 2013

IOS7 September 18th. Oh it's already posted. It's the wine glasses.

• Will IOS 7 be for iPhone and ipad on September 18th?

• I think I heard iPhone & iPad4 then others to follow.

• edited September 2013

yes, for both iphone and ipad on the 18th.

• And first 64 bit phone.

• edited September 2013

I saw "floating points" are doubled. That has something to do with audio apps, right?

Sounds like a beast of a device...

• Not sure on that one @Hmtx.

• Doubled floating point calculations are a good thing. :-)

• edited September 2013

So can devs,(Seb)now tell us what inter app audio will do or do we have to wait till 13th?? ...or 18th??

• I suspect we may have to wait........

• Thanks Sean.
    Saving for that new pad?

• Was hoping for 128G iPhone.

• @commonstookie I wish I could. Too much going on at home. I'm even on an app purchasing moratorium. Hopefully that will change in a couple of months, just as things start getting interesting. :-) I'd love to move up to a 128Gb iPad 5 though! :-)

• @Audiojunkie I hear ya. I've been on the same lockdown for a while. I have been planning the iPad upgrade for about the past 7 months though, so I have a nice little war chest going on. Very much looking forward to the iPad announcement.

• The NDA has not been lifted. And please, please everyone update to the latest version of iOS 6 and then don't update to iOS 7 before you know that all your apps will be working. Just don't rush it.