Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New features for MicSwap and MicSwap Pro

New update up now for MicSwap and MicSwap Pro - https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892
Added Wav and M4a Recording
Added AudioMaster
Added Audiobus 3
Added AudioShare
iOS 10 Optimizations

If you have any suggestions or other features you'd like to see please let us know!

Comments

• Awesome. I still cannot get MSP to work inside of Auria as an AU, or insert FX. I want to improve the way my vocals sound after the fact , and nothing works.

• @High5denied said:
    Awesome. I still cannot get MSP to work inside of Auria as an AU, or insert FX. I want to improve the way my vocals sound after the fact , and nothing works.

Have you tried with our new update? It's working ok on our end. Would you email us through the app and tell us what version of Auria and iOS you're using? That would help us figure it out. Thanks!

• @garygary said:
    New update up now for MicSwap and MicSwap Pro - https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892
    Added Wav and M4a Recording
    Added AudioMaster
    Added Audiobus 3
    Added AudioShare
    iOS 10 Optimizations

If you have any suggestions or other features you'd like to see please let us know!

By the way I love your app. I will be doing a review of it on my youtube channel. Awesome update

• Thanks @Shazamm. That would be amazing! Where's your Youtube channel? I didn't see it on your profile.

• @garygary said:
    Thanks @Shazamm. That would be amazing! Where's your Youtube channel? I didn't see it on your profile.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeGLGDowDdVx9mVsN1I61VA

• @garygary said:

@High5denied said:
    Awesome. I still cannot get MSP to work inside of Auria as an AU, or insert FX. I want to improve the way my vocals sound after the fact , and nothing works.

Have you tried with our new update? It's working ok on our end. Would you email us through the app and tell us what version of Auria and iOS you're using? That would help us figure it out. Thanks!

I haven't updated to the most recent one. I will do that, and try it out, and email you from within the app when I get the chance if it still gives me trouble. I'm hoping it works, cuz I love the app, and want to use it! :)

• @garygary said:

It would be nice to use more than one instance as audio unit and have both instances remember the mic it was using!

landscape mode would also be nice but probably not doable for this app

• the app lacks proximity handling ;)

• edited June 2017

Thanks @nick! Much appreciated. You should be able to get unlimited AU instances of all our apps, including AudioMaster. We'll add the mic preservation next update. Thanks for this!

• @Telefunky I'm not sure what you mean? There's a gain knob so you can adjust your input level.

• it's not about level, but distance.
    A directional microphone's response (usually) varies a lot with distance: close distance results in bass increase, farther away in a more linear response.
    The specific curve is different for each microphone model - it's an important aspect of design, as would be the respective knob in a simulation.

• Thanks for your response @Telefunky! Now I understand what you mean. If you use MicSwap Pro with a connected mic you can get those differences. If you're using the built in mic, it's really a condenser mic, so we made the emulations compensate for that.

• edited June 2017

the internal mic is definitely not a condensor in a tradional sense, but a so called MEMS-type
    http://www.spts.com/tech-insights/mems/mems-microphones
    while there are in fact membrane based designs, a piezo version is more likely.
    In chapter 2 (about piezo design) they explicitely refer to advantages for speech recognition in Siri and Alexa context.

Anyway, these mics provide a characterless signal that's (unfortunately) heavily colored by the sourrounding room, while a regular capsule is first of all 'colored' by the case-mouth system and the room as a 2nd influence (not to neglect, though).

You may check the Antares mic modeller for proximity control as a reference.
    This control is a core feature, as it allows a wide variety of responses on each model - and it seemed to react typical for the respective microphone.

• Yep. Didn't want to get too technical, but MEMS is a kind of condenser. https://comsol.com/paper/a-mems-condenser-microphone-for-consumer-applications-14063 There's 3 types of microphones; dynamic, ribbon and condenser.

The mics on the iPhone 7 are getting pretty good. I A/B'd with the iRig Mic HD and not much of a difference with an acoustic guitar and voice. The future is looking pretty great for recording!

• yes, the mics in recent IOS devices are cool, in particular as they achieve a real 60dB SNR, impressive for such a small item.
    But current 'consumer' mics like the iRig model don't represent what a good microphone is about.
    In fact they don't offer much above those internal chips, but are a lot easier to position.
    That's the biggest flaw of the 'internals' - in optimal mic position an iPad becomes close to inoperable for a solo recording artist, at least it's very inconvenient.
    On the other hand an internal mic can save the day if that cool idea strikes you in a moment when nothing else is available.

But I wouldn't make this my (general) method of work, it's an exception.
    Nothing beats the touch of a good microphone and a good preamp.
    Personally I'm entirely on the dynamic mic side of the spectrum and would prefer a $3k ribbon over any condensor.
    (an ELA M-251 might be tempting, but resides in financial galaxy way out of reach)

With the Audient ID22 I invested a bit more than average into preamps, but that brings a lot of life and color into relatively cheap, yet quality dynamic mics.
    A 'standard' interface washes most of that away - hence it's understandable that simple condensor types in the $200-500 range are so much sought.
    Most users never even get the opportunity to listen to what a SM57/58 can sound like.

I wouldn't treat any of my real mic recordings with a modeller, because I have enough of them to choose an appropriate one for a certain idea of sound.
    Yet I encourage your method for anyone stuck on the internal mic or a simple condensor.
    But there's some room for improvement. ;)

• @Telefunky said:
    But there's some room for improvement. ;)

Point taken: it could be improved.

Adding AUv3 is a step in the right direction :) Can we celebrate the effort that took?

For $13 I'll try it out and see if it helps my vocals and acoustic
    guitar tracks over the mic's I have in my kit. I don't have anything close to what @telefunky (our Telefunken expert) owns but like an IOS Synth you can get some pretty decent emulations of equipment costing $1000's like Moog Hardware, etc. We should we have MIC emulation apps too in the sub-$20 range or sub-$50 if they have desktop quality sound.

Software is surely "eating the world" of hardware products.

Even the free MicSwap version on my iPhone 5S (especially matched with great EQ like ApeFilter to target human voices) makes a decent "hearing aid" product. As I get older I find I need subtitles to watch a lot of TV and decipher speech in a cluttered mix but targeting a narrow spectrum using the Shure SM58 model works great for me.