Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does this guitar app exist?

So I've tried to search google and apple store, but can't afford a series of buying trial and error. Maybe some guitar players here on the forum may help. I sometimes play some certain chords which usually don't exist in chord directories of most apps. And sometimes I play some partial chords and dont let all strings ring. I want to first create these chords on fingerboard layout and then create a song structure with them so i can hear it. And maybe export them as midi as well. (to use them through different instrument apps like synths and piano into daw) My main purpose is to create a task of songs I have in mind, when I'm at work or for the times that I don't have access to my guitar. Is there such an app for this. Maybe some of you may come across to ann app like this. Many thanks.

Comments

• You can do what you want (and much more) with Guitar Toolkit (from Agile Partners). Very nice app!

• I think Jam Maestro might be up your street.

• @Jocphone said:
    I think Jam Maestro might be up your street.

You called? :wink:

I concur though, it does sound like JM could be relevant to your needs. See jammaestro.com for more details!

• @JamMaestro said:

@Jocphone said:

I concur though, it does sound like JM could be relevant to your needs. See jammaestro.com for more details!

And, as you can see, it has a very attentive developer too :smiley:

• Thanks for the replies. Yes Jam Maestro looks really relevant to my purpose. In JM, can I use custom made chords to trigger sounds within others apps. Like JM into ilectric piano or galileo into Auria? Is there a pad for performing option Like Chordion or soundprism apps that I can play live in a daw recording situation?

• Hi,

There is a chord builder in GuitarCapo+, and MIDI in/out AB etc :)

Cheers
    Jon @ TonApp As
    GuitarCapo+/SilQ dev

• @Jocphone said:

@JamMaestro said:

@Jocphone said:

And, as you can see, it has a very attentive developer too :smiley:

:sunglasses:

• @Mucci said:
    Thanks for the replies. Yes Jam Maestro looks really relevant to my purpose. In JM, can I use custom made chords to trigger sounds within others apps. Like JM into ilectric piano or galileo into Auria? Is there a pad for performing option Like Chordion or soundprism apps that I can play live in a daw recording situation?

Sure. This video here demonstrates creating custom chords: https://youtu.be/BnAFdShk378?t=1m47s. Very easy to set up midi/IAA too. Dual mode would also allow you to play 2 separate background apps simultaneously too.

• @tonappas said:
    Hi,

Cheers
    Jon @ TonApp As
    GuitarCapo+/SilQ dev

I'm a big fan of Capo+ and use it for midi purposes as well. But as far as I know, there is no sort of a song mode within the app am I right? By song mode what I mean is, laying some chords one after the other on a line track to create a sequence?

• JamMaestro and GuitarCapo+ are both superb apps. With great developers. I don't use these features in them much, but they have so many other features that keep me busy.

• @Mucci said:

@tonappas said:
    Hi,

Cheers
    Jon @ TonApp As
    GuitarCapo+/SilQ dev

I'm a big fan of Capo+ and use it for midi purposes as well. But as far as I know, there is no sort of a song mode within the app am I right? By song mode what I mean is, laying some chords one after the other on a line track to create a sequence?

Thanks :) And maybe I should read a little slower to figure out the questions properly before answering :O You are completely right - that song mode function is not present in GuitarCapo+.

• I think Jam Maestro is the best for composing as a guitarist. Tab style sequencer that is familiar to most guitarists. Fretboard layout for entering into notes (either playing live or entering in via tab). Decent sounds acoustic and electric guitar and bass sounds for composing. The tab editing makes it easy to fix mistakes you make when recording. A lot easier than a piano roll for my guitar brain.
    Midi out for driving other synths or recording into Gadget/Cubasis etc., and midi export if you want to program multiple tracks and then open the midi file in another app/DAW.

• I use Notion. You can use boyh standard notation and tab, and there is a guitar neck, plus you can enter notes directly on the staff, of course. It can't drive another app directly, but you can play back within the app, then export the midi file, and import.