Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NYCompressor - from DDMF

2»

Comments

• @gusgranite said:

@Shazamm said:

@gusgranite said:
    Personally I couldn't give two hoots about the icon.

when you pay money for something you expect what you pay for. I paid for my app icons not to look the exact same so I can tell the difference. but I get you its such a small thing to complain about lol the apps are dope a s shit too

OK I didn't realise that two have apps have exactly the SAME icon (Envelope AU and No Limits AU). That's surely an oversight that I agree should be fixed...

Otherwise I don't care about the icon design is what I mean.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more use reports from these apps.

Im going to be doing a video on the youtube channel

• edited June 2017

@brice said:

@1P18 said:

@JRSIV said:

@1P18 said:
    Small gripe here, but what happened to this developer's app icons? They used to look kind of cool, and inform you of what they were, but now they are generic and honestly look like a mistake. In fact two of the apps have the same icon. :|

Usually in audio production what something looks like means little...

It actually makes a difference in AUM, where the effects icons are on full view on the main screen. The icon is the only real indicator of what the app is, so having two apps with the same icon is a problem.

Yeah I guess technically that still means little, but it's an easy fix too.

Fully agree. If you make heavy use of AUM then you become acutely aware of app icons. I'm not opposed to the simplicity of DDMF 's latest app icons, I find it refreshing in large sessions. But some clearer distinction would go a long way. NoLimits and Envelope use the exact same icon. Thankfully this compressor is at least a different color.

And I'm not sure where this myth came from that in audio production the way something looks means very little! @JRSIV The way something looks translates directly to how you interact with that thing. And when you spend 12 straight hours interacting with that thing, and other things like it, the way it looks is actually very important. If you don't believe me, open Korg's Polysix plugin on a 5K iMac and then try and program a sound. It adds up! B)

I hear you @brice, I was trying to get over that in the grand scheme of things an apps performance, sound, ease of use, dependability, etc. is more important than it's icon. Next to those considerations it means little, NOT nothing, a small amount.

When I wrote that I was thinking of the tendency for the modern DAW Production flow to become very visual at the expense of the audio. I've seen guys obsess over waveforms & plugin graphs instead of just using their EARS.

My mistake to make the correlation with this icon topic, yes the visual feedback & GUI is very important to our process. But paramount is how things sound unless I've lost the plot completely re: audio production...

• The icons are completely divorced from the gui. The reverb could be one of the dials for example. The compressor could be the meter etc.

• @1P18 said:

@JRSIV said:

It actually makes a difference in AUM, where the effects icons are on full view on the main screen. The icon is the only real indicator of what the app is, so having two apps with the same icon is a problem.

(Note that you can drag a node/icon to the right to reveal its name in text)

• @JRSIV said:

@brice said:

@1P18 said:

@JRSIV said:

@1P18 said:
    Small gripe here, but what happened to this developer's app icons? They used to look kind of cool, and inform you of what they were, but now they are generic and honestly look like a mistake. In fact two of the apps have the same icon. :|

Yeah I guess technically that still means little, but it's an easy fix too.

Fully agree. If you make heavy use of AUM then you become acutely aware of app icons. I'm not opposed to the simplicity of DDMF 's latest app icons, I find it refreshing in large sessions. But some clearer distinction would go a long way. NoLimits and Envelope use the exact same icon. Thankfully this compressor is at least a different color.

And I'm not sure where this myth came from that in audio production the way something looks means very little! @JRSIV The way something looks translates directly to how you interact with that thing. And when you spend 12 straight hours interacting with that thing, and other things like it, the way it looks is actually very important. If you don't believe me, open Korg's Polysix plugin on a 5K iMac and then try and program a sound. It adds up! B)

I hear you @brice, I was trying to get over that in the grand scheme of things an apps performance, sound, ease of use, dependability, etc. is more important than it's icon. Next to those considerations it means little, NOT nothing, a small amount.

When I wrote that I was thinking of the tendency for the modern DAW Production flow to become very visual at the expense of the audio. I've seen guys obsess over waveforms & plugin graphs instead of just using their EARS.

My mistake to make the correlation with this icon topic, yes the visual feedback & GUI is very important to our process. But paramount is how things sound unless I've lost the plot completely re: audio production...

No worries! The icon gripes I have with these DDMF apps are not part of my previous statement. I mean, in AUM they're a pain in the butt sometimes, but I was speaking more so about interfaces in general and how reliant we are upon them in order to achieve the sounds we're after....for the most part. But all of your points above I completely agree with. Sound is king, for certain. Ears must win.

• Is anyone having problems with NYCompressor in AUM?

When I open a project that contains NYcompressor, the whole FX chain sometimes has no audio.

Even by sometimes disabling and enabling NYCompressor, the channel loses audio and can only be fixed by restarting AUM.

• I use it all the time in aum and have never had this happen @jolico

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@jolico said:
    Is anyone having problems with NYCompressor in AUM?

When I open a project that contains NYcompressor, the whole FX chain sometimes has no audio.

Even by sometimes disabling and enabling NYCompressor, the channel loses audio and can only be fixed by restarting AUM.

It's the app's self defense mechanism against the spectrogram police.

• @Gavinski said:
    I use it all the time in aum and have never had this happen @jolico

Do you use it in mid/side mode?

• @wim said:

@jolico said:
    Is anyone having problems with NYCompressor in AUM?

It's the app's self defense mechanism against the spectrogram police.

Checked it already and it is squeaky clean :smile:

• I'm having an issue where NYCompressor resets to default state on Cubasis 3 (I reported it on the Steinberg forum as well, since idk if this is something related to NYCompressor or Cubasis 3).

Has anyone experienced something like this?

I didn't report this to DDMF because the last time I tried to contact them regarding to an EchoRek2 issue, I got no answer.. They don't seem to be very responsive.