Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Appletv audiovideo fx app

There is a gap to fill in our beloved ecosystem...
It could be possible to develop an fx audiovideo realtime app for appletv?

I will love an app which manages audio from airplay (imagine audiobus/aum input support from iPad/iPhone socket app), generates visuals from spectrum and could be controlled from apple remote/apple watch (like wiimote and OSCulator) to tweak fx parameters.

Which developer could be cappable of this?

Meanwhile the only workaround is use an iPhone with touchOSC and OSC enabled app like Vidibox but there is a lot of power wasted and so interesting sensors not involved...

Comments

• Not exactly what your looking for and carries a heavy price tag but Takete is pretty awesome for controlling your audio and visuals at the same time.

• Takete is great but you are right, It's not exactly what I'm looking for.

• @SecretBaseDesign how is going your midi apps on atv?

• @Dubbylabby said:
    @SecretBaseDesign how is going your midi apps on atv?

Need to get back at it, at some point. I've got a MIDI library for the Apple TV that I've been meaning to release, but just have not gotten around to it.

In the next couple of days, though, I'll be dropping a combined AppleTV/iOS app, that's a collaboration between myself and a cinema professor at my university. He put together an experimental film playing with sound and visuals -- and part of the film is played through iPhones. I'm using UDP broadcast from the AppleTV to sync with apps on the iPhone, so the whole film is sort of spread across devices in the audience -- pretty trippy to have sound and videos mixed in with a big-screen film.

Next up for the AppleTV will be something to control video using MIDI -- triggering visual clips, and mess with rotation/opacity/shading through MIDI. That's a ways off, though, just the bare bones of an app right now.

• DJay Pro isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you can use your own recorded audio tracks, apply effects,, and either generate visualization to airplay or use your own video clips. Some of their built in effects are both audio and video so you can do things like applying reverb to both the audio and the generated video at the same time.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    @SecretBaseDesign how is going your midi apps on atv?

Need to get back at it, at some point. I've got a MIDI library for the Apple TV that I've been meaning to release, but just have not gotten around to it.

In the next couple of days, though, I'll be dropping a combined AppleTV/iOS app, that's a collaboration between myself and a cinema professor at my university. He put together an experimental film playing with sound and visuals -- and part of the film is played through iPhones. I'm using UDP broadcast from the AppleTV to sync with apps on the iPhone, so the whole film is sort of spread across devices in the audience -- pretty trippy to have sound and videos mixed in with a big-screen film.

Next up for the AppleTV will be something to control video using MIDI -- triggering visual clips, and mess with rotation/opacity/shading through MIDI. That's a ways off, though, just the bare bones of an app right now.

It will be cool use the remote as wiimote with OSCulator or gamepad implementing GameKit since it could let users control visuals with modified game controllers.
    Any improvement in any creative area will be interesting so please share whatever you can (video, papers or whatever) I love to read techie and nerd hings to understand better and try to share the knowledge as most as I can.

@Angie said:
    DJay Pro isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you can use your own recorded audio tracks, apply effects,, and either generate visualization to airplay or use your own video clips. Some of their built in effects are both audio and video so you can do things like applying reverb to both the audio and the generated video at the same time.

The ideal could be streaming with airplay like djay pro/vjay but the extra video fx layer being drived by atv itself (something like airplayBus) and controlled by remote as I pointed.
    These will divide the total amount of cpu usage leaving intensive video for the atv and intensive audio for the iPad/iPhone.