Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

K-Machine : Big Impakt, Great App

K-Machine is quickly becoming my modern "Samplr". I say that because it is the first app since Samplr where I am happy to just sit with my iPad without any MIDI keyboards, Launchpad, or controllers and really dig on the music and visuals.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/k-machine/id1095617380?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

I am sort of regressing to a primitive time. The whole MIDI- ocracy of app set up and my iConnect misbehaving is getting so tiresome lately guess. Hence, I have a renewed vigor for "ios gui based apps" like K-Machine, Figure, LoadKer, Samplr, TC-11, and Triq Traq. It is so liberating actually. I feel as though I may have missed the mark on the amount of MIDI based music creation and gear versus just making music over the last couple years. And the music seems bad ass since I have connected more with playing and less than the "settings". Yeah, I mean I am still gonna use the Launchpad Pro and MIDI keyboards but at a lesser degree.

I labeled the thread with K-Machine because this app is the thing that helped calibrate my workflow and perspective. The app itself is BRILLIANT!!

It is basically a masive group of 4 sequencers. 3 audio and 1 visual. So, it has a kinship to Takete from that perspective. The thing that makes this thing so wild is this the way the parameters are set up. The best way I can say that the parameters and Fx are set up are a like Oscillab meets Different Drummer meets I don't know. That is the thing, the parameters and FX have deep control without being rigidly in control. There are MANY LFOs for each along with randomize features.

The visual shit is neat as well. The visuals are set up like a SEQUENCER! You literally put the same little squares you do for music but for the visual cues and graphics. I am not video or visual maestro so I am not versed in the details of files and things. Sorry. I am still not a 100% on every button or feature yet.

At this time the app has Audioshare import and a straight forward file management system. I don't know on export either, since I use it in Audiobus. So I just record it into LoopyHD , Looperverse, or Group The Loop.

Most importantly is this, I have someone who had communicated with the developer and he is super responsive and already working on new features including Audiocopy and an alternate performance mode feature set up.

So all and all I am 100% saying thumbs up on this app. I think and use the app best for tech, industrial, glitch, trap, house, and any experimental forms of music and performance.

Have a great day!

http://www.kolargon.com

Comments

• Can it be used to create and export visual animation only? Let's say for use in LumaFusion.

• @RustiK said:
    K-Machine is quickly becoming my modern "Samplr". I say that because it is the first app since Samplr where I am happy to just sit with my iPad without any MIDI keyboards, Launchpad, or controllers and really dig on the music and visuals.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/k-machine/id1095617380?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

I am sort of regressing to a primitive time. The whole MIDI- ocracy of app set up and my iConnect misbehaving is getting so tiresome lately guess. Hence, I have a renewed vigor for "ios gui based apps" like K-Machine, Figure, LoadKer, Samplr, TC-11, and Triq Traq. It is so liberating actually. I feel as though I may have missed the mark on the amount of MIDI based music creation and gear versus just making music over the last couple years. And the music seems bad ass since I have connected more with playing and less than the "settings". Yeah, I mean I am still gonna use the Launchpad Pro and MIDI keyboards but at a lesser degree.

I labeled the thread with K-Machine because this app is the thing that helped calibrate my workflow and perspective. The app itself is BRILLIANT!!

It is basically a masive group of 4 sequencers. 3 audio and 1 visual. So, it has a kinship to Takete from that perspective. The thing that makes this thing so wild is this the way the parameters are set up. The best way I can say that the parameters and Fx are set up are a like Oscillab meets Different Drummer meets I don't know. That is the thing, the parameters and FX have deep control without being rigidly in control. There are MANY LFOs for each along with randomize features.

The visual shit is neat as well. The visuals are set up like a SEQUENCER! You literally put the same little squares you do for music but for the visual cues and graphics. I am not video or visual maestro so I am not versed in the details of files and things. Sorry. I am still not a 100% on every button or feature yet.

At this time the app has Audioshare import and a straight forward file management system. I don't know on export either, since I use it in Audiobus. So I just record it into LoopyHD , Looperverse, or Group The Loop.

Most importantly is this, I have someone who had communicated with the developer and he is super responsive and already working on new features including Audiocopy and an alternate performance mode feature set up.

So all and all I am 100% saying thumbs up on this app. I think and use the app best for tech, industrial, glitch, trap, house, and any experimental forms of music and performance.

Have a great day!

http://www.kolargon.com

Thanks Rustick ! Dom, Developper of the K Machine here;)
    Really glad you like the app, and very good description also;) and your source is right; much more is in progress (I think this time I will do regular release one feature at a time, rather than one big update) ...

So, in order (may change a bit though):

• A little selection tool that will help in the building of sequences with intra-loops copy/paste/del operation, especially useful for the visual side, in order to have a thinner control on the visual parameters.
    • Then Audiocopy is also on it's way (only for sample import for the moment though)
    • Then the ability to solo/mute each of the visual tracks (with possibility for AB remote control)
    • Then a performance mode at the sample level (mpc style pads) to enhance the live experiment
    • Ableton Link
    • In app shader editor
    • dropbox support (for the animation and shader files)

And of course, any feedback ideas & suggestions are welcome;

Have a great day!

@Zen210507 said:
    Can it be used to create and export visual animation only? Let's say for use in LumaFusion.

Yes there is a live video capture tool (visual + sound), which saves the video in the pictures directory of the device;)

• So I can save one without the other. Just video?

• No you can't,. Only video with sound for the moment.
    Render||capture to audio will come, but for the moment you will have to use Audiobus and a recording app;)

• @kolarg98 said:
    No you can't,. Only video with sound for the moment.
    Render||capture to audio will come, but for the moment you will have to use Audiobus and a recording app;)

Just bought this on the basis of this thread (Mister R's enthusiasm) and mostly for audio not video, but mostly, mostly, because you seem engaged to further develop and I wanted to be on board/support your efforts. Look forward to seeing what's next :)

• edited May 2017

@kolarg98 said:

>

Ah, okay, thanks for making that clear. My use for the app would be video based, so I could still use this in LumaFusion with sound turned off, I suppose. So probably one for the wish list, keeping a regular eye on development.

When Dropbox and other additions arrive, it will likely be time for me to buy this app.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@kolarg98 said:

Just bought this on the basis of this thread (Mister R's enthusiasm) and mostly for audio not video, but mostly, mostly, because you seem engaged to further develop and I wanted to be on board/support your efforts. Look forward to seeing what's next :)

Welcome on board then !:) You won't regret ( well or if you do, let me know, and we will see what we can do :wink: )
    Thanks for support !

• Time for Videobus. @Sebastian

• I havent found the lfos. Hmm that sound pretty cool. The video is beautiful. Quck transitions actually merge the vectors. It vry fast

• I keep forgetting this is universal. Im going to have a quick play on the metro

• edited May 2017

Great instrument! As soon as it's updated with Ableton Link I will buy it :)

• Bought. Highly intrigued. But ...

How can I get the thing to just stop?? I can't think with all that noise and animation going on, even in the empty preset? Pause button does nothing?? I really want to check it out, but my brain hurts too bad.

• edited May 2017

Why would you want it to stop!.?
    You can create blank sequences and turn down the volume if you want.

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

So I can think? I must just be too old for this. :#

Back in my day hitting pause meant stuff paused. As far as I can tell pause does nothing?

• @wim said:

Back in my day hitting pause meant stuff paused. As far as I can tell pause does nothing?

Hear you (and it). Would like a solution to this...

• @wim said:

I am still figuring this out but just using volume now.

All I know is when a developer steps up like this and is on top of things that people are saying I am all in and giving the benefit of the doubt.

This app is fun as it is and I think as the developer does the changes this app will be a monster.

Especially the Universal thing.

Yeah, some stop start buttons will help.

But I know I am not able to so easily put together my own samples, manipulate them, and the have fun with graphics from any app.

Never mind how CHEAP it is for the price.

I paid what $70 for Takete and never used it and had fun like this with it.

Thanks for all who posted and especially for Mr. Developer. Nice to have you in the forum.

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

Yeh, don't get me wrong, I'm excited too and looking forward to new discoveries. But it's feels a little like being trapped in a closet with a crying baby and a strobe light going off. I managed to put a sock in the kid's mouth but gonna have a seizure pretty soon if can't stop the strobe light.

My kid will probably love it tho.

• @wim said:

best quote ever

• @wim said:
    Yeh, don't get me wrong, I'm excited too and looking forward to new discoveries. But it's feels a little like being trapped in a closet with a crying baby and a strobe light going off. I managed to put a sock in the kid's mouth but gonna have a seizure pretty soon if can't stop the strobe light.

oh shit, until I just read this hahahahahahahahaha wim you got me crying tears of joy :D

• might have to give this one a go

• @kobamoto said:
    might have to give this one a go

You've had your trigger warnings; get to it :)

• @RustiK said:
    manipulate them, and the have fun
    with graphics from any app.

Particularly interested in the above: what might you mean by fun with graphics from any app?

(Please forgive if I've missed the previously stated)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:

Hear you (and it). Would like a solution to this...

Hi @JohnnyGoodyear, @wim
    In fact, you are right, it doesn't pause as you expect it would, but the pause button works: it is "pause on the loop'. when unpause the animation starts ready sequentially loop after loops, when you pause you stay on the current loop.
    You can find more info about the play/record panel:
    http://kolargon.com/KMachineV2Doc/KMachineV2Documentation.html
    section >> 2)Play/RecordPanel:

I will add a pause button soon as I already had the request, but I would prefer to prioritize on the ableton lik and sample import first. Thanks for the feedback though ;)
    In last release, I have added a mute all sound button in top menu, it may help ;)

• @wim said:

Back in my day, we had to lift the stylus off the record ourselves. And it was called a needle.

• @Zen210507 said:

@kolarg98 said:

>

Ah, okay, thanks for making that clear. My use for the app would be video based, so I could still use this in LumaFusion with sound turned off, I suppose. So probably one for the wish list, keeping a regular eye on development.

When Dropbox and other additions arrive, it will likely be time for me to buy this app.

@Zen210507 Yes you could turn the sounds of or just clear any sounds events on your loop, and use it simply as a visual sequencer/vertex shader container. Lack of dropbox may be an issue though if it's not easy to import video from picture folder to Lumafusion.
    Noted;) I will notify here when Dropbox arrives ;) Thanks for feedback

• @RustiK said:

@wim said:

I am still figuring this out but just using volume now.

All I know is when a developer steps up like this and is on top of things that people are saying I am all in and giving the benefit of the doubt.

This app is fun as it is and I think as the developer does the changes this app will be a monster.

Especially the Universal thing.

Yeah, some stop start buttons will help.

But I know I am not able to so easily put together my own samples, manipulate them, and the have fun with graphics from any app.

Never mind how CHEAP it is for the price.

I paid what $70 for Takete and never used it and had fun like this with it.

Thanks for all who posted and especially for Mr. Developer. Nice to have you in the forum.

Thanks Rustick,
    Anyway I will really take this stop button seriously in consideration, promise;
    It' funny because I have played for hours and hours with it and It never touched my mind to add a stop button :D I may have play for to long with it :o Well I guess that's where this kind of user feedbacks are very useful, as sometime when you are too much in something you just can't see some obvious points :smiley:
    Thanks for feedback !

• @kobamoto said:

@wim said:

oh shit, until I just read this hahahahahahahahaha wim you got me crying tears of joy :D

:D :D

• @Proppa said:

@RustiK said:

Particularly interested in the above: what might you mean by fun with graphics from any app?

@Proppa Yes, just to make things clear concerning the graphics, what you can do presently is use vertex shaders, which are little programs you have to write by yourself (or borrow from a site like https://www.vertexshaderart.com/ in glsl language.
    So it may not be of interest to everyone.
    In itself I think the app is powerful in the sense you have total freedom to import your own shaders, and gives you, as a coder, very easy access to sound frequencies datas, user actions on the screen and information about the tempo of the ongoing animation ... but take note it is only vertex shaders. You can't import fonts, graphics, videos etc...at least for the moment.
    It may look a bit limiting at first, but the idea here is really to develop of a tool that could be
    at the intersection of musicians and shader enthoutiasts/demo makers, and that do not imposes the user it's own shaders (as there are already a lot of apps available for this).
    So I may create some tools for easing graphic content creation, but I really keep in mind to make sure the app will able to accept shaders, and in the future make it also compliant with shaders from [https://www.shadertoy.com/](https://www.shadertoy.com/ "https://www.shadertoy.com/" , [http://glslsandbox.com/](http://glslsandbox.com/ "http://glslsandbox.com/" etc...

• @kolarg98 said:
    @Zen210507 Yes you could turn the sounds of or just clear any sounds events on your loop, and use it simply as a visual sequencer/vertex shader container. Lack of dropbox may be an issue though if it's not easy to import video from picture folder to Lumafusion.
    Noted;) I will notify here when Dropbox arrives ;) Thanks for feedback

>

Okay, I'll be in just as soon as that functionality is a reality,

• @Proppa said:

@RustiK said:

That was poor language syntax and grammar on my part.

More clearly stated:

This app allows fun with graphic or visual manipulation that is not available for such a low price or ease of use on ios.

I am mainly comparing it to the $70 I paid for Takete and the $20 for Lumafusion. Neither which I have used more than 60 minutes total.

I used this app 60 minutes the first hour I tried it.