Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This madness! Mazetools Soniface

Anyone jumped into this psychedelic world? Looks like a futuristic hybrid child of TC11, Patterning and Thicket.

https://www.mazetools.com

Comments

• Certainly looks interesting :)

• Whoooo.....looks interesting. Loads of vids on YouTube so diving in for a look.

• No mention of wider connectivity, a world unto it's own?

• @Carnbot said:
    Certainly looks interesting :)

Indeed. Maybe my tired eyes overlooked it....but it doesn't appear to support any of the protocols we require / desire / demand / need? Link, AB, etc. Surely that can't be.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Whoooo.....looks interesting. Loads of vids on YouTube so diving in for a look.

Yes, their YouTube channel is admirable. Report back if you take the plunge!

• Yes I just noticed that too, says there's a free lite version in the works though so looks worth a go.

• Yes no AB and Link or Midi Out . Its a shame. But Looks intresting.

• Just watched this.....and good lord this looks and sounds incredible.

• After the 8th video the visuals, though amazing, get very samey, but that synth is making some wonderful noises.

For me though, a self-contained unit is off the cards as it limits creativity. I'd want to get my own samples in and the synth piped out via AB and IAA, and some control via MIDI. Then I'd export the video into LumaFusion for editing and mixing with other sources.

For a fiver I'd get it as a thing to play with on a wine-fuelled Friday night, but without in/out connectivity it's a no-go. Though I'm happy to be persuaded if there's more going on than I can see.

• Does look impressive. At a minimum I hope it gets Link.

• I have even written a mail the developers and asked whether they join the discussion here, let's see if I can get a reply

• Looks and sounds good, though yeah, apparent lack of way to record is probably going to keep me away.

• I have just written the dev

I want this and so will many on the forum as long as they add the obvious features

I reckon if the devs get inundated with emails from us then they will add what we need because they will realise they will indeed sell more units...

Fingers crossed..until I can get sound from this into other apps, no sale lol

• @Love3quency said:
    I have just written the dev

thx thats great!

• Is all the crackling and noise intentional? I understand the clicks when switching shapes or whatever but it sounded to me in the video above that there's some major problems going on

• @oat_phipps said:
    Is all the crackling and noise intentional? I understand the clicks when switching shapes or whatever but it sounded to me in the video above that there's some major problems going on

I noticed that too

• Hey guys,

first of all thank you for watching some of our videos and sharing your thoughts about Soniface. This app and a bit of training to handle it gives you the opportunity to "sonify" ur feeling, mind or whatever. I use it on a phone with android and got a lot of nice beats out of it, that have sometimes a bigger meaning for me, cuz you can use it everywhere and it is really fast to do. Okay in the videos it is a bit fast done, cuz i'm good in training doing this. We got some problem with sound and are still working on things, and yes it is because of switching the shapes. We ll get it fixed by morphing the shapes.

We wanna put up a desktop version too and want to connect mobile and desktop via internet, that the apps on different platforms can share files between eachother. Because of the crossplatform thing, we had to deactivate a lot of features like midi/osc, leapmotion, multiplayer, vr. But we're workin on platformspecified features and will bring those with the several future updates. We would really love to get a connection to audiobus, let's see what we can get done.

Thank you for the Post <3 We really apreciate this ;)

• @mazetools Welcome and thanks - this looks pretty impressive.

• edited May 2017

Looks really cool, if it had the clicks worked out, link and audiobus or IAA, i could see maybe getting it. I'd like to see the soundtestrooms take on it at that point to see if you play the app or the app plays you.

• Welcome @mazetools, looking forward to further developments on this, looks like an interesting concept.

Agree with @AudioGus ... fixing the patch shifting clicks and adding AB/IAA would get me interested.

Cross platform compatibility is a great goal, I wish you the best.

• edited May 2017

@mazetools Is that a giant windows tablet/hybrid you using in the video? Looks great!

• @Trueyorky Thank you :) @AudioGus and @TheVimFuego I've to add a thing to those Demo video. The version i used for it, was a bit older than the one i used for example in this:

So we had a lot of bugs and clicks to solve until we relased it. We ll put up a free demo very soon, so maybe u can then give it a try easily. Thank you and i wish you the best, too ;)

• @mazetools said:
    Hey guys,

first of all thank you for watching some of our videos and sharing your thoughts about Soniface. This app and a bit of training to handle it gives you the opportunity to "sonify" ur feeling, mind or whatever. I use it on a phone with android and got a lot of nice beats out of it, that have sometimes a bigger meaning for me, cuz you can use it everywhere and it is really fast to do. Okay in the videos it is a bit fast done, cuz i'm good in training doing this. We got some problem with sound and are still working on things, and yes it is because of switching the shapes. We ll get it fixed by morphing the shapes.

We wanna put up a desktop version too and want to connect mobile and desktop via internet, that the apps on different platforms can share files between eachother. Because of the crossplatform thing, we had to deactivate a lot of features like midi/osc, leapmotion, multiplayer, vr. But we're workin on platformspecified features and will bring those with the several future updates. We would really love to get a connection to audiobus, let's see what we can get done.

Does it have IAA (inter app audio) support at the moment, or any way to record audio out from the app.

I love the synth sound, very Fripp & Eno, lovely. When this gets connectivity and the crackles fixed I'll dive in.

• Audio export?

• @MonzoPro said:

@mazetools said:
    Hey guys,

Does it have IAA (inter app audio) support at the moment, or any way to record audio out from the app.

I love the synth sound, very Fripp & Eno, lovely. When this gets connectivity and the crackles fixed I'll dive in.

Decided to dive in. Limited time with it so far, but I can definitely see spending a lot of time exploring with it. Could be a very steep learning curve...but it may reveal itself easier with more interaction. Time will tell. Beautiful sounds so far, though. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there is no way to record this thing without having to go to the outside world and bring a wire into the equation. However, I'm hopeful that the developers understand there is a tremendous need for the essentials (IAA, Link, AB, MIDI) in order to make this app useable as a production tool.

• edited May 2017

@brice said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mazetools said:
    Hey guys,

Decided to dive in. Limited time with it so far, but I can definitely see spending a lot of time exploring with it. Could be a very steep learning curve...but it may reveal itself easier with more interaction. Time will tell. Beautiful sounds so far, though. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there is no way to record this thing without having to go to the outside world and bring a wire into the equation. However, I'm hopeful that the developers understand there is a tremendous need for the essentials (IAA, Link, AB, MIDI) in order to make this app useable as a production tool.

Thanks for reporting back. I was wondering about recording into the iPad via the iPhone, but in practice it'd put me off using it.

Definitely on my list once it gets AB/IAA - I can live without Link, MIDI and sample support, I just want to get my hands on that lovely synth and record it.

• Promising!
    but those audio glitches, no midi?? or IAA, AB?? > means I'll have to wait until its got some real potential to be used in a track.
    ATM is good for noodling, which I have very little time for...

• This is really speaking to my synesthesia but with no recording or export what am I to do?

• noodle.... :/

• On Twitter now:

Getting an #update of #mazetools #soniface #ready for all #platforms, hope you'll #enjoy it ✌