Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Our Job" 1941

This is a poem my father wrote in 1941 as he prepared to go fight in WWII. I put it to music some 65 or so years later. I thought I would share here in honor of Memorial Day.

Comments

• Extraordinary. Moving. True.

Your dad is, or would be very proud. Is this available for download?

• Wow. I'm almost speechless. Songs rarely affect me anymore, but I'm literally struggling to hold back tears here. Perfectly done and deeply moving. Thanks.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Extraordinary. Moving. True.

Your dad is, or would be very proud. Is this available for download?

Thank you! @Zen210507, He actually died in 1961 the year I was born, but it was a very moving experience to sing his words for sure. I think you can download from SC but I'm not sure..

@wim said:
    Wow. I'm almost speechless. Songs rarely affect me anymore, but I'm literally struggling to hold back tears here. Perfectly done and deeply moving. Thanks.

Thank you @wim. It is amazing to me that these words are still so meaningful today. I'm very proud of what he went through for this country and thankful to all our veterans!

• Beautifully done @Bootsy.

• @Bootsy that was excellent.
    It was in the tradition of the great folk songs of Guthrie, Dylan and Baez. I hope the lyrics are heeded & really listened to, as far too often​ anything written in honor of military sacrifice gets the "Born In The USA" treatment of being misinterpreted.

Those who serve know better than anyone the horrors & insanity of war and regardless of their motivation to serve (or in the case of your Grandfather's generation the duty to serve via the draft). I hope a song like this, written by two seperate generations, can help put more good joojoo into the Universe in hopes that eventually war will be obsolete.

Thanks brother...

• Really great track, meaningful and catchy

• I can't imagine what this must have felt like for you. Beautiful.

I seem to remember you doing this with another of his poems awhile back. Am I right?

• @JRSIV said:
    @Bootsy that was excellent.
    It was in the tradition of the great folk songs of Guthrie, Dylan and Baez. I hope the lyrics are heeded & really listened to, as far too often​ anything written in honor of military sacrifice gets the "Born In The USA" treatment of being misinterpreted.

Those who serve know better than anyone the horrors & insanity of war and regardless of their motivation to serve (or in the case of your Grandfather's generation the duty to serve via the draft). I hope a song like this, written by two seperate generations, can help put more good joojoo into the Universe in hopes that eventually war will be obsolete.

Thanks brother...

Thank you @JRSIV I appreciate your kind words. It was actually my father's poem. He passed at the young age of 42 with 4 kids and one on the way (me), so finding some of his writings was just an incredible way for me to have some sort of connection with him..

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Really great track, meaningful and catchy

Thanks so much @RedSkyLullaby, for listening and commenting!

• @supanorton said:
    I can't imagine what this must have felt like for you. Beautiful.

I seem to remember you doing this with another of his poems awhile back. Am I right?

Thanks @supanorton, it was an amazing feeling singing his words for sure. You are correct I did another one of his poems called Fantasy and posted it here. Wish there were more of them!

• @Ben said:
    Beautifully done @Bootsy

Thank you! @Ben

• Stunning... a different perspective, but essentially your father pre-wrote Springsteen's Nebraska. And you put it in perfect tune :+1:

• @Bootsy said:

...so finding some of his writings was just an incredible way for me to have some sort of connection with him..
    >

My lovely old dad was of the same generation. He was in REME, all over Germany in WW II. When he passed away, I found all sorts of things that he hadn't thought worth telling me, for whatever reason. One was that his dad, long dead before I was born, was a Druid.

I still have the regalia, and joke about being discovered one day by the Druids, something like Potty Harry. :#

• @Bootsy - Thank you for this. You've really respected your father's words with a great song. And those words are so genuine and insightful; this is a great Memorial Day song. My dad served from WWII through Vietman, and luckily, he lived to see the new millennium...anyway...much respect to you.

• Errrm, can't find a way to download this from Soundcloud. At least without signing up to an account I don't need. Any chance of putting it somewhere more accessible?

• you can't download it, as it isn't marked as 'downloadable' ;)
    (recording the stream is possible of course)

• @Zen210507 said:
    Errrm, can't find a way to download this from Soundcloud. At least without signing up to an account I don't need. Any chance of putting it somewhere more accessible?

@Telefunky said:
    you can't download it, as it isn't marked as 'downloadable' ;)
    (recording the stream is possible of course)

I changed it to downloadable in settings. Let me know if it works now..

• @Bootsy said:

@Zen210507 said:

I changed it to downloadable in settings. Let me know if it works now..

>

Alas, not for me. All I get is the attached screen, which flicks on and off before I can do anything with it. :'(

• @Bootsy said:

@JRSIV said:

Thanks brother...

Thank you @JRSIV I appreciate your kind words. It was actually my father's poem. He passed at the young age of 42 with 4 kids and one on the way (me), so finding some of his writings was just an incredible way for me to have some sort of connection with him..

Sorry @Bootsy was written pretty quick and I somehow got it confused. Not that it wouldn't be powerful with your Granddad, but that it was your father that you never met who wrote the words you put to music makes it all the more beautiful.

Great stuff brother, it's a shame some dipshit putting a red hot knife through a new iPhone will go viral but a piece of art like this song isn't heard by more people. Oh well...those of us who have heard it know how special it is....cheers.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Alas, not for me. All I get is the attached screen, which flicks on and off before I can do anything with it. :'(

well, that screen is familiar to me, but not specifically related to 'download'.
    (it's SC's login box and you hit it best if the contentent isn't fully loaded yet, as that starts the animation bs)
    sorry, I didn't mention that 'dowload' works only with a filesystem, OSX or Win or whatever, but not IOS.
    Unless someone knows how to transfer the Safari player content at that moment to something like AudioShare or into iTunes content.

• @Telefunky said:
    sorry, I didn't mention that 'dowload' works only with a filesystem, OSX or Win or whatever, but not IOS.

Ah yes, of course. No worries. I'll grab it when I'm next in my office. Can't wait to play this to other peeps! One, you may be interested to know, is Bob, my 97 year-old neighbour, who operated behind German lines in WW2, as a saboteur.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Telefunky said:

Ah yes, of course. No worries. I'll grab it when I'm next in my office. Can't wait to play this to other peeps! One, you may be interested to know, is Bob, my 97 year-old neighbour, who operated behind German lines in WW2, as a saboteur.

I could just email it to you if you'd rather.

Wow Bob probably has some amazing stories to tell!

• @JRSIV said:

@Bootsy said:

@JRSIV said:

Thanks brother...

Sorry @Bootsy was written pretty quick and I somehow got it confused. Not that it wouldn't be powerful with your Granddad, but that it was your father that you never met who wrote the words you put to music makes it all the more beautiful.

Great stuff brother, it's a shame some dipshit putting a red hot knife through a new iPhone will go viral but a piece of art like this song isn't heard by more people. Oh well...those of us who have heard it know how special it is....cheers.

No worries @JRSIV, thanks again for the comments. I never expect to get much response from the tunes I post, but all the peeps on this forum sure can make a fella feel good.

Cheers,

• @Telefunky said:
    Stunning... a different perspective, but essentially your father pre-wrote Springsteen's Nebraska. And you put it in perfect tune :+1:

Thanks @Telefunky! That's pretty cool, I looked up the Nebraska lyrics as its been awhile, yeah kind of has that flow. And the "sir" thing. Had no idea that's what that song was about.

@TozBourne said:
    @Bootsy - Thank you for this. You've really respected your father's words with a great song. And those words are so genuine and insightful; this is a great Memorial Day song. My dad served from WWII through Vietman, and luckily, he lived to see the new millennium...anyway...much respect to you.

Thanks @TozBourne, I appreciate your comments. Much respect to you and your Dad, that's a lot of war to live through. He must have been pretty high ranking?

• Wow, this is great! So cool that you've put these sentiments to music, and the song itself is very well executed. Great harmonies, nicely done!

• edited May 2017

@Bootsy said:

I could just email it to you if you'd rather.

Wow Bob probably has some amazing stories to tell!

E-mail would be appreciated. I'll PM you details.

As for Bob, he's incredibly modest and quiet. He only began to tell his own son (my good friend) about what he actually did about three years ago. Because, he was ordered to keep his exploits quiet. He still doesn't say much, except on occasions when there's a war movie on TV, and he'll say to Pete, his son, "I was there."

• Very nice track. I can totally see this series of songs with your father's lyrics as an EP, would be quite nice to promote as the back story is so intriguing.

• @mptrin said:
    Wow, this is great! So cool that you've put these sentiments to music, and the song itself is very well executed. Great harmonies, nicely done!

Thanks @mptrin, means a lot to me having you all listen and comment n something so close to me.
    Cheers,

@richardyot said:
    Very nice track. I can totally see this series of songs with your father's lyrics as an EP, would be quite nice to promote as the back story is so intriguing.

Thank you @richardyot appreciate you listening to it. I wish I had a couple more to do just that but I haven't found any others suitable for music. I did write one myself about him, or how things could have been for me if I had known him.
    Cheers,