Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another Cubasis Question

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Besides not being able to log on to the Steinberg forum since I joined up for unknown reasons and that the forum is down temporarily, can anyone here who uses Cubasis answer a question for me?

How many tracks does Cubasis allow? I just hit 16 MIDI tracks with the onboard synth importing tracks individually from Chordbot (as a test bed, later hoping to change sounds from onboard synths to other sounds via MIDI or AB).

I always start tracks on the second measure as some DAWs work better that way without hiccuping. However, Cubasis is not triggering audio until around the second half of the second measure (providing there is two half notes in the second measure, on the third measure if it is a whole note).

I haven't noticed this issue with only a few tracks. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled Cubasis but I have completely reset my iPad 3, latest non beta version iOS.

Anyone else have this issue? I would appreciate any help that may be provided.

Comments

• Cubasis has unlimited tracks. Have you tried setting precount to 2 measures? Also the last icon on right is rec mode. The precount has to be armed from there.

• Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried setting the precount to1- 4 but no go. Also I tried the Rec Mode to no avail.

Perhaps I was not paying much attention before with a few tracks. I looked through the manual but have not come across anything similar.

Maybe I will have to bounce down to audio tracks and edit the start points as needed but that seems quite unnecessary as I was hoping to experiment with other MIDI-In capable synths.

This seems way too unproductive coming from PC DAWs like Sonar and Reaper. I have all of the major iOS DAWs and Synths and am finding they are completely a hit and miss regarding workflow. Not to mention the non-standard MIDI implementation.

How you all are composing spectacular songs within the iPad within a simple lunch break blows me away.

• Well I do most of mine on lunch breaks but it takes more than one, and they aren't spectacular besides :-)

There's a learning curve, and not just the understanding of the recording process, but the idiosyncrasies of the apps themselves. I'd say the same is true of desktop DAWs though.

As for your issue with recording... are you sure you're not missing the timing and coming in slightly early ? On a sustained MIDI note if you register the initial key press even slightly before the recording is armed it will not register until the next full note begins. That's the only thing I can think of based on your description, but it's possible I'm misunderstanding - sorry if that's something you're already well aware of.

• I do appreciate your advise but you sell yourself short on what can be accomplished within a lunch hour :-) .

As far as my timing is concerned, it is all MIDI from Chordbot so that is not an issue. I have determined that mute/solo on particular tracks causes a weird but yet inconclusive method of determining the cause of my frustrations. I even tried to mixdown the single track to Auria via AB but no go.

On a side note, anyone want to buy a well kept iPad 3 along with $738.00 (oh, crap, did I spend that much on apps?)?

I'm sure I will adapt one day to Apple's way of thinking (plus their app developer's use of said apps) but I only hope that they see the way of the musicians use and not only a toy to pass time away.