Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnect - iConfig Updates Out Today

For those using the iConnects - release notes:

• UpdateFirmWareDialog Cancel button will now allow you to cancel updating in case of problems
• Timeout progress shows the update progress every 10 seconds
• If updating takes longer than 30 seconds, then it will stop and the dialog will close
• Firmware Check Frequency menu is removed and there is no auto FW checking setting anymore. Update Firmware can now only be chosen manually.
• Firmware can now be loaded directly from a downloaded file (finally!)
• New "Switch Device" UI design
• Improved error message handling with more informative contents
• Fixed a situation which could cause a crash (thanks to BT for helping us find this one - go buy his records, he’s great!)
• Fixed some internal crash issues in Bootloader mode
https://iconnectivity.com/software/iconfig

Comments

• Would be nice.

• Old version works well for me. Won't update unless forced to lol

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Old version works well for me. Won't update unless forced to lol

Yeah, I'm always rushing to update stuff, but they definitely don't have my confidence, so I've held off. And this continues to lurk... and never seen any response from them anywhere addressing:

• @Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Yeah, I'm always rushing to update stuff, but they definitely don't have my confidence, so I've held off. And this continues to lurk... and never seen any response from them anywhere addressing:

Oh. You meant the iOS app. I actually don't even have it installed. Just use my default profile. Just swap my PC with my air 2 when I want to use the iPad solo. All the connections are pretty much permanent for me :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Oh. You meant the iOS app. I actually don't even have it installed. Just use my default profile. Just swap my PC with my air 2 when I want to use the iPad solo. All the connections are pretty much permanent for me :)

The updates are for Mac iConfig, I was just throwing in about the iOS versions... I don't really use either of them, I just set up to route everything everywhere, then manage ports with Bome or by Setup - but I would if they were more reliable.

• @Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Ocsprey said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

The updates are for Mac iConfig, I was just throwing in about the iOS versions... I don't really use either of them, I just set up to route everything everywhere, then manage ports with Bome or by Setup - but I would if they were more reliable.

Ah yes. Had head that the mac version has some issues. For me on windows I haven't had any issues since I got the interface other than a weird endless update check. (Easily solved by temporarily disconnecting my internet. An update fixed it though so it's been working perfectly for me :) )

• Interesting, haven't checked if an update is available for Windows yet.
    You can downgrade firmware on the ica4 I've done it several times ok. So no danger if it doesn't work as expected.

• @Carnbot said:
    Interesting, haven't checked if an update is available for Windows yet.
    You can downgrade firmware on the ica4 I've done it several times ok. So no danger if it doesn't work as expected.

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of that, nor advising us to hold off on Sierra updates for months. Seems standard protocol for companies ran by financiers. Their stuff fills a much needed niche, but I'm hopeful something better comes along - or they stabilize a bit more.

• Oh wait, this is for iconfig not firmware...ok just seen there's an update a few weeks ago for Windows iconfig.

• @Carnbot said:
    Oh wait, this is for iconfig not firmware...ok just seen there's an update a few weeks ago for Windows iconfig.

I updated the title, my bad.

• edited May 2017

Problem with iConifg, so is for me, that its still not able to import previous saved settings. But thats since for ever. Once it works. But now again not. And a new iConfig, kills your settings.
    P.S.
    Talking about the mac version
    P.P.S.
    Have to row back. Seems they sorted it out. Just tried the update. All fine, all settings still there :smile: