Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wizibel 1.3.0 is out (and on sale)

Wizibel just got updated with two new themes and a couple of features:

• Multiple texts (unlimited number of texts) on most themes. Lyrics anyone? :)
  • Multiple slider values (unlimited number of values) on most themes. Animate away!
  • Globally enable / disable background zooming in and out
  • Globally set transition curve (linear, ease in, ease out, in and out)
  • New theme: Bulge, magnify parts of an image based on RMS levels. Two lenses.
  • New theme: Manic Cake Slicer, highly tweakable circular texture slicer/wrapping renderer.

(Features added to the updates are almost only based on user feedback and requests.)

Comments

• Here's a playlist with examples of all themes:

• Love your app. Thanks for constantly developing!

• Love your app.Thanks for constantly developing!

• It's an excellent update which allows you to modify multiple controls throughout the timeline taking its functionality to a different level. Here's a Manic Cake Slicer example:

• Appreciate the more flexibility/greater ability to end up outside the generic pen. Looking forward to having a fiddle about.

• edited May 2017

Here's another video example of the Manic Cake Slicer theme. I used a music track I created last year with Moodscaper.

The animation is more of a continuous flow, which seemed a better fit for the music. I pasted in the music track via AudioShare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rmbZHXgDuM

• The latest update / new features = otrolig!

Stort tack @sundhage !

• @Proppa said:
    The latest update / new features = otrolig!

Stort tack @sundhage !

I can't be certain, but I'm getting the feeling you like it?

• @Proppa said:

Stort tack @sundhage !

:smiley: We'll keep on developing this one so feel free to drop more suggestions for features. Next "big" thing is the possibility to load and save projects.

• Really great update. The ability to change the effect during the song is AWESOME!

• Is it possible to do colour cycling throughout or for sections of the video? The manic cake slicer effect in the Tokyo Shadows video would look even better with that as it is such a long piece. :smile:

• edited May 2017

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Is it possible to do colour cycling throughout or for sections of the video? The manic cake slicer effect in the Tokyo Shadows video would look even better with that as it is such a long piece. :smile:

I was thinking along the same lines. It needs to have more visual variety, given the length of the music track.

I don't see a color cycling option, but you can ramp up the various sensitivity settings. I kept the Divisions RMS Sens and Speed RMS Sens settings close to where they were before, but brought up all the other sensitivity settings to about 90 percent.

Here's the new improved version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsa4x886MeE

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I can't be certain, but I'm getting the feeling you like it?

Full-on Loving it. :)

@sundhage said:

@Proppa said:

Stort tack @sundhage !

:smiley: We'll keep on developing this one so feel free to drop more suggestions for features. Next "big" thing is the possibility to load and save projects.

Saving / Loading would be huge! I have a couple notes I'll send through the Contact unless you prefer the forum of here. x!

• Yes @DavidEnglish that looks better :smile:
    It reminds me of those cymatics patterns you can see on Youtube with the patterns in sand or salt produced by different frequencies and harmonics.

• edited May 2017

@AlterEgo_UK said:
    Yes @DavidEnglish that looks better :smile:
    It reminds me of those cymatics patterns you can see on Youtube with the patterns in sand or salt produced by different frequencies and harmonics.

This one may be even better. I maxed out the sensitivity settings that I had previously set to 90 percent. More motion with an improved response to the music.

Here's the newest version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-xdntC20Pk

• edited May 2017

I'm really enjoying this latest version of Wizibel. I hope they'll add the capability to save the settings. Unless I'm missing something, you can't save different variations from a theme, except as exported video files.

• @DavidEnglish said:
    I'm really enjoying this latest version of Wizibel. I hope they'll add the capability to save the settings. Unless I'm missing something, you can't save different variations from a theme, except as exported video files.

Correct, and project loading/saving is planned for the next update.

• edited May 2017

@sundhage said:

@DavidEnglish said:

Thanks @sundhage . That will be a great addition. We could try something and revert back, if we preferred the previous settings.

• edited May 2017

Here is my experiment with it.
    One issue I kept bumping on is: waiting for a long time for the file to render, then pressing "save" and seeing nothing in my photos feed. And to save again I had to re-render the file again. By app space usage I could tell it had it cached somewhere internally. So two things could be fixed:

• Progress of saving of an already rendered file, following confirmation of successful save.
    • Ability to save more than once when the file is rendered, basically exposing cached rendered file for other operations.
    • Optional: Ability to remove cached rendered files inside the app.

My suspicion is that file wasn't saved because my phone locked automatically or because there was not enough space. In both cases, I'd expect an error message — there was none.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qocObuvCx7M

• edited May 2017

@sundhage said:

@DavidEnglish said:

Thank you very much for load/save.

Hopefully more themes will have the capability to change more parameters throughout the song like Manic Cake Slicer.

It would be nice to add markers to the timeline so that when you add new images or parameter settings you can snap them to the markers. Currently I'm setting the play head to match where I added a new image or parameter and then use the playheads to line up any additional parameters that should start at the same time. When I play the video to see how it looks, I lose my place in the timeline and it's tedious to reset this again.

I prefer to have text fade in and fade outs where there isn't any overlapping of the new and old text. To achieve this, I have to add blank text to the timeline just before the new text is supposed to start. It would be nice to do this by selecting a type of transition instead of adding blank text. This would be true for other types of parameter transitions too (e.g. text color fades out/in to transition color in between two text colors). At other times having visuals morph from one to the other would be desirable rather than a fade in/out. Options to customize sections of songs where being able to control what stays the same, what transitions, and how each transitions would bring the app up to a whole new level.

• edited May 2017

@DavidEnglish said:

@sundhage said:

@DavidEnglish said:

Thanks @sundhage . That will be a great addition. We could try something and revert back, if we preferred the previous settings.

(For me) this is the biggest worry/limitation. I am an iterative bugger, so this will be a major plus and will lead me to actually opening the app and have a serious fiddle about.

• @ilya said:
    One issue I kept bumping on is: waiting for a long time for the file to render, then pressing "save" and seeing nothing in my photos feed. And to save again I had to re-render the file again. By app space usage I could tell it had it cached somewhere internally. So two things could be fixed:

• Progress of saving of an already rendered file, following confirmation of successful save.
    • Ability to save more than once when the file is rendered, basically exposing cached rendered file for other operations.

My suspicion is that file wasn't saved because my phone locked automatically or because there was not enough space. In both cases, I'd expect an error message — there was none.

Thanks for the feedback. Will look in to this. (nice video!)

@InfoCheck said:
    It would be nice to add markers to the timeline so that when you add new images or parameter settings you can snap them to the markers. Currently I'm setting the play head to match where I added a new image or parameter and then use the playheads to line up any additional parameters that should start at the same time. When I play the video to see how it looks, I lose my place in the timeline and it's tedious to reset this again.

I prefer to have text fade in and fade outs where there isn't any overlapping of the new and old text. To achieve this, I have to add blank text to the timeline just before the new text is supposed to start. It would be nice to do this by selecting a type of transition instead of adding blank text. This would be true for other types of parameter transitions too (e.g. text color fades out/in to transition color in between two text colors). At other times having visuals morph from one to the other would be desirable rather than a fade in/out. Options to customize sections of songs where being able to control what stays the same, what transitions, and how each transitions would bring the app up to a whole new level.

I totally agree that one might want to fade out / fade in text strings instead of crossfading some times. I'll just have to sort out how and where it should be done on the UI side. Spontaneously I think of more global settings that affects all texts, or more options in the timeline view making it possible to change transition setting for each text item. Still don't want to clutter the UI, the app should stay quick and easy to use...

One idea to make it easier to sync timeline positions would be to have a optional "Snap to" drop down in the time line where all other automated parameters are available.

• Loving this app update is awesome!

• @sundhage said:

@ilya said:

Thanks for the feedback. Will look in to this. (nice video!)

@InfoCheck said:

I totally agree that one might want to fade out / fade in text strings instead of crossfading some times. I'll just have to sort out how and where it should be done on the UI side. Spontaneously I think of more global settings that affects all texts, or more options in the timeline view making it possible to change transition setting for each text item. Still don't want to clutter the UI, the app should stay quick and easy to use...

One idea to make it easier to sync timeline positions would be to have a optional "Snap to" drop down in the time line where all other automated parameters are available.

That all sounds very good.

• edited May 2017

@sundhage said:

@Proppa said:

Stort tack @sundhage !

I'm thinking some filters to give some grit or shine would be appropos. Also the ability to blend multiple visualisations together simultaneously . And an added visualiser : tunnelling. I used to have some great Winamp visualisers like the tunnelling one .