Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget LE for Mac

We are also proud to announce that a free lite version, "KORG Gadget Le for Mac", has now also been released.. It features five carefully chosen gadgets and allows anyone making music to easily find the sounds they desire. Try the seamless and intuitive musical production characteristic of KORG Gadget for yourself - enjoy!

Version 1.1.0 Main features
・Experience the appeal of KORG Gadget with the free Lite version. 
・Use five standard gadgets and tracks. 
・Additional and extended functions are provided when connecting a KORG MIDI Controller. 

https://korg.shop/software/korg-gadget-le-for-mac.html?___store=english

Yay! Not a fully functioning demo but still it's something you can try before buying the full version

Comments

• edited May 2017

The 5 available gadgets are London, Dublin, Marseille, Phoenix and Chicago

Only 5 tracks are allowed

• Does it allow saving?

• edited May 2017

@ksound said:
    Does it allow saving?

Yes but iCloud open/save, export to Live/audio/midi and Link are not available

• And, of course, no VST/AU's

• It does help getting a feel of how the app works on macOS. Still won’t get the full version, but the screen real estate does help.
    For me, the main missing feature is export to audio. Sure, it’s possible to record the output through Audio Hijack, or something similar. But audio export would make a big difference.
    Kinda wish they had something in between, where you could pay for gadgets one at a time.

• edited May 2017

@Enkerli said:
    It does help getting a feel of how the app works on macOS. Still won’t get the full version, but the screen real estate does help.
    For me, the main missing feature is export to audio. Sure, it’s possible to record the output through Audio Hijack, or something similar. But audio export would make a big difference.
    Kinda wish they had something in between, where you could pay for gadgets one at a time.

Same thoughts here. Also, I have their M1 VST. I wish I could use it in Gadget LE for Mac, even as a feature-crippled Darwin gadget

• @yug said:

Plugging in a Nanokey Studio adds Amsterdam, Brussels & Chiang Mai.

• @nrgb said:

@yug said:

Thanks, good to know

• @yug said:

@nrgb said:

@yug said:

Thanks, good to know

The same happens for a Nanokontrol 2. And once it's activated you don't need to have it plugged in the next time you open Gadget LE.

• Is it just me, or does anyone else find Gadget LE a bit visually blurry? (iMac)

• @Purpan said:
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find Gadget LE a bit visually blurry? (iMac)

Yep. Blurry for me as well.
    This seems to be a known issue for apps using Juce...

I was pretty sure I was going to buy it before the sale ended, now I'm not so sure.

• Thanks, glad it's not only my eyes.
    On the whole it's fun, and the selection of gadgets to use is generous, I think. You can do quite a bit with it.

• It's fun and it's free, but without audio/midi export I see no use for it, to be honest

• @Enkerli said:
    It does help getting a feel of how the app works on macOS. Still won’t get the full version, but the screen real estate does help.

Perhaps I misunderstand you here, but, if you think that Korg Gadget don't have 'export to audio' you're wrong there...

• I have the full version and it's not blurry at all.

• @Purpan said:

@yug said:

@nrgb said:

@yug said:

Thanks, good to know

>

The same happens for a Nanokontrol 2. And once it's activated you don't need to have it plugged in the next time you open Gadget LE.

You also get 8 tracks instead of 5.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Enkerli said:

Perhaps I misunderstand you here, but, if you think that Korg Gadget don't have 'export to audio' you're wrong there...

It does have export to audio but it's disabled in the free desktop version (Korg Gadget LE for Mac)

• @yug said:

@nrgb said:

@yug said:

Thanks, good to know

Indeed! They do say you get more instruments, but they don’t say which ones.
    It does get me to think about buying one of those Korg controllers. Maybe the NanoPad. How crippled are the other pieces in the software bundle?

• @Paulyboy said:
    I have the full version and it's not blurry at all.

On which Mac?
    The free version isn’t blurry on my non-Retina display. Sounds likely that it’s an issue with 5K iMacs.

• @yug said:
    It's fun and it's free, but without audio/midi export I see no use for it, to be honest

Same here. Although...
    Might still use it to try a few things, when using a Mac is more convenient than using an iOS device. Thing is, my only laptop is a PC, so it wouldn’t make sense for live performance, in my case.
    In fact, having access to a MacBook (Pro), MainStage would probably be my tool of choice for live performance. Alchemy alone opens up so many possibilities that it can get overwhelming.
    So my use case would probably be to start something on desktop and expand it on iOS. The reverse is the more likely scenario (you start something on mobile and finish it up on desktop), but there’s something to be said about throwing ideas together from a desktop, especially if you have multiple controllers plugged in at once.

One thing Gadget Le didn’t do is convince me to buy the full version. Maybe Korg’s strategy will pay in the long run but it does feel like there’s a missed opportunity, here.

• @Enkerli said:

@Paulyboy said:

On which Mac?
    The free version isn’t blurry on my non-Retina display. Sounds likely that it’s an issue with 5K iMacs.

It's a 2013 iMac I5.

• Mine's a (cough, cough, ahem) iMac 2008 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo. Still going strong for everything, though....

• @Paulyboy said:

@Enkerli said:

@Paulyboy said:

On which Mac?

It's a 2013 iMac I5.

Sounds like it’s not blurry on non-Retina displays. How about @Purpan and @nrgb ? What Macs do you use?

So non-Retina. Interesting that you’d get blurriness, then.

• @Enkerli said:
    Sounds like it’s not blurry on non-Retina displays. How about @Purpan and @nrgb ? What Macs do you use?

Macbook Air (non-retina)

• @nrgb said:

@Enkerli said:

Macbook Air (non-retina)

Interesting. Wonder what the difference is. It’s not free vs. full and it’s not Retina vs. non-Retina. Soooo...
    If other JUCE apps have similar issues, it’d be interesting to know what the problem is.