Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ultimate Impaktor Roland Setup

I hope you peoples enjoy my first contribution to the forum. Been having a lot of fun with this combo in the last 2 days...Enjoy!

Impaktor + Roland EC-10m + Cajon = Awesome!

Comments

• edited May 2017

Nicely done! This is such good stuff. The playability of Impaktor is uncanny, and yes a lot of fun =D
    Thanks for posting the vid

• Nice! You should try Mogees... I think you will love it :wink:

• Yes! You are right my man... Mogees is next on the list for this "project"...1 roland trigger, 1 Impaktor trigger and 1 Mogees all on the same Cajon....thats the final mission. Now who's got a Mogees they can throw in my direction!? I've been up in the air about either a Mogees mic or a WEJ for my iPads...

• Nice, I'm keeping my iPad 2 around just in case Impaktor doesn't get a 64 bit update.

• @Scottzilla82 said:
    Yes! You are right my man... Mogees is next on the list for this "project"...1 roland trigger, 1 Impaktor trigger and 1 Mogees all on the same Cajon....thats the final mission. Now who's got a Mogees they can throw in my direction!? I've been up in the air about either a Mogees mic or a WEJ for my iPads...

Awesome get us posted!

@TheVimFuego said:
    Nice, I'm keeping my iPad 2 around just in case Impaktor doesn't get a 64 bit update.

It was a topic where someone claimed Impaktor's dev will bring v2 some place in the future :blush:

• Also didnt go over this in the video... The Roland EC-10m has a threshold knob that can adjust how hard you have to hit the cajon the get the electronic trigger sounds which is great for build up/breakdowns with impaktor. Just crank it when when you want a fat hiphop kicksnare during an impaktor patch and then turn down the threshold greatly while your iRig Impaktor volume is up, do a bit of drumsynth for a breakdown, then turn the roland threshold up again to the fat beat, change to a new Impaktpr patch...and jam on till your fingers hurt...I can't wait to get Mogees....

• Did you see the new Roland drum pads?
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19045/new-roland-pad-sampler#latest

Maybe you find something useful, mate.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Nice, I'm keeping my iPad 2 around just in case Impaktor doesn't get a 64 bit update.

It was a topic where someone claimed Impaktor's dev will bring v2 some place in the future :blush:

This might have been me. The thing is, the Impaktor beepstrasse man just had a child number 3 so I doubt he'll be preoccupied with v2 especially because he has other audio projects on his plate, Zeeon etc.

@Scottzilla82 nice one, thanks for posting. What's up with the sync? It seemed like the two were drifting apart. Are you freewheeling two loopers? I've done many of those experiments and ended up looping all audio within loopy albeit you could try running loopy and Impaktor side by side and they don't drift at all (well not too soon). The only thing is that Impaktor gets a hiccup when switching between apps.

• edited May 2017

@Dubbylabby said:
    Did you see the new Roland drum pads?

I did see those. I think some people hated a little bit on them. I think they are definitely aimed at drummers and percussionists, not so much electronic musicians. A drummer who needs to play to tracks or a percussion player who wants another drum to tweak for example. However I think they could be really useful in my setup as another foot trigger for another sound. But really ive got no real interest in it, my buddy is about to sell me his spx-sx for 500! Looking forward to that....

• @supadom said:

@TheVimFuego said:

This might have been me. The thing is, the Impaktor beepstrasse man just had a child number 3 so I doubt he'll be preoccupied with v2 especially because he has other audio projects on his plate, Zeeon etc.

@Scottzilla82 nice one, thanks for posting. What's up with the sync? It seemed like the two were drifting apart. Are you freewheeling two loopers? I've done many of those experiments and ended up looping all audio within loopy albeit you could try running loopy and Impaktor side by side and they don't drift at all (well not too soon). The only thing is that Impaktor gets a hiccup when switching between apps.

Fleksi...i was definitely freewheeling, haha. Since both impaktor and the roland petal have no midi or sync, i was starting the impaktor metronome and then playing the roland cajon to its looper the best i could then dropping out the metronome, and then looping again...yup freejamming...something ive gotten out of since midi, ios and loopers synced up my brain, haha... I think this particular setup is really good for someone who wants to play only the Cajon with another player, guitar or synth etc, as they can control the threshold of the roland and the overall volume of impactor. I love your videos and have subscribed to you. if you have any advice on loopy I'd love to hear it. I do have loopy and have thought of a way to use it in my particular setup. At the moment I have one iPad hooked to a Launchpad Pro (as the clock master) with its MIDI out going to a midi splitter box that sends to my TC Helicon Voicelive 3 and my other guitar pedals. I have ipad#2 hooked up to an iRig Pro with my guitar that also connects to the auxiliary input of my voicelive 3 so I can Loop apps and my guitar played through synths. My new thought process is if I can set up midi link sync app on the iPad that controls the Launchpad Pro, and sync it to the other iPad and run loopy to do other loops that my voicelive 3 can't do or I've thought about just getting rid of the voicelive 3 and getting a blue board or positive grid or other midi foot pedal and just using loopy alone being that I use a lot of iOS apps nowadays. Then i have this new roland impaktor cajon setup running through a ipodtouch 6thgen that im trying to incorporate into everything else... Any thoughs much appreciated, as I really enjoy the stuff you do brother...

• @supadom what a shame but good news to him almost :blush:

Time to look deep into mogees then.

@Scottzilla82 I open the topic and joked about it wasn't a loop phrase sampler (like SP555) but I saw it could be useful to drummers or one man band who need a click or extra sound from foot control.

• edited May 2017

@Dubbylabby said:
    Did you see the new Roland drum pads?

@Dubbylabby said:
    @supadom what a shame but good news to him almost :blush:

Time to look deep into mogees then.

@Scottzilla82 I open the topic and joked about it wasn't a loop phrase sampler (like SP555) but I saw it could be useful to drummers or one man band who need a click or extra sound from foot control.

Congrats to that dev... children are wonderful. Guess we'll have to patiently wait for impaktor 2...
    Dubbylabby definitely could be useful to certain people. Roland seems to definetly be aiming products at certain types of musicians these days. The roland cajon mic for example or their new go mixer thing.

Yes...Mogees is definitely on my radar bro!