Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The best sample hit maker...

I think I have almost everything in the app store sample related.... :)

I also have one computer related sample manipulator: Geist 2. It does something I wish an app would do... Auto samples at threshold, assigns to pads as you go, making sample sets. A nice feature that makes sampling for hardware use easy. I don't want to use it because....

I prefer the iPad. So I want to make sets for my Akai 232 or Beatstep Pro to play on. I have so many things I want to sample from iPad apps that create awesome drums like Seekbeats and Electric Drums and Frum and Pwoweo such. Could put them on Modstep or similar after I make them, but I want just a simple sample at threshold & truncate/ assign to pad or export to audioshare. As quick as possible.

Let's take an example... I drop a needle on a record and quiclky pick it up. I want to sample the actual drop/pick up, save or assign, make sets to play with live with hardware.

AkaiPro is a pain from what I remember, and Audioshare required a lot of after trimming.

Also, I am drinking vodka and some raspberry lemonade. I feel nice. So I don't normally make posts and I can't past this leap. Tell me about a product that does the job.

Edit: thanks in advance!

Comments

• Sounds like the forthcoming Beat Maker 3 may serve you well? https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/18861/bm3-looking-good#latest

• Hope it's okay to revive this thread. BM3 does a great job at this on the iPad. But is there a convenient way to quickly generate hit samples on iPhone? (Do people have workflow suggestions for doing that?)

• @ohwell said:
    Hope it's okay to revive this thread. BM3 does a great job at this on the iPad. But is there a convenient way to quickly generate hit samples on iPhone? (Do people have workflow suggestions for doing that?)

OK, am interested in this, and am guessing BM3 on the phone (some day) BUT what about @FlightManual? Are they OK? Vodka? Raspberry lemonade? How have things been since?

• edited November 2018

Nothing like BM3 but audioshare in an audio output port of AB is the best I’ve found. Easy record button access and easy screen switching into trim + organize.

Other ideas?

• You made me remember samplerobot o whatever is called that feature in Logic/Mainstage where you can get any midi hardware autosampled... maybe using that and export into iPad???

• iMaschine 2 has pretty efficient threshold trigger sampling and is simple to use on an iPhone.
    Editing is limited though and although it supports AudioShare import I’m not sure how easy it is to manage/export things.
    Might be useful ^_^