Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget - iCloud projects - missing in action

I have a load of projects saved to iCloud through gadget, this has always worked perfectly before, apart from one time when the projects all vanished, but they did come back again.

I have an issue now where I cannot get projects back down from iCloud, they are in the list in Gadget, but the cloud icon is dotted...

If I open the Settings app, go to General -> Storage & iCloud _ Korg gadget I can see the projects there in the list ?

Anyone had this before ?, anyone know how I can get these projects back into gadget ?

Comments

• Didja try clicking on the dotted cloud icon?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I have a load of projects saved to iCloud through gadget, this has always worked perfectly before, apart from one time when the projects all vanished, but they did come back again.

I have an issue now where I cannot get projects back down from iCloud, they are in the list in Gadget, but the cloud icon is dotted...

If I open the Settings app, go to General -> Storage & iCloud _ Korg gadget I can see the projects there in the list ?

Anyone had this before ?, anyone know how I can get these projects back into gadget ?

tragedy....i have tons of projects i am working on, no issue yet but would like to find out the best fail safe saving method as well

• @RulesOfBlazon said:
    Didja try clicking on the dotted cloud icon?

I did, first thing I tried, just got a circle appear instead of the cloud, and then nothing, waited a very long time (I left it for about 2 hours) for it to change to the download progress icon, but nothing...
    Subsequent tries and nothing happens, not even the circle...nothing still happens even after device reboot... :(

• I've not noticed the dotted icon before, just the grey and blue ones, what is it supposed to mean ?

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I've not noticed the dotted icon before, just the grey and blue ones, what is it supposed to mean ?

Not sure, but I think it means yer stuff is still there. Maybe this is an iCloud issue and not a gadget issue?

• I think it just means that the latest version of the song hasn't been downloaded to the device from the cloud. I thought the circle meant that it was downloading, but it should go away fairly quickly unless there are a large number of audio tracks.

Have you checked your iCloud account to be sure there's no problems accessing it? Maybe check with iCloud drive to see what's there? It seems to me like Gadget is having a hard time downloading from the cloud.

• @RulesOfBlazon said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I've not noticed the dotted icon before, just the grey and blue ones, what is it supposed to mean ?

Not sure, but I think it means yer stuff is still there. Maybe this is an iCloud issue and not a gadget issue?

Possibly...

• @wim said:
    I think it just means that the latest version of the song hasn't been downloaded to the device from the cloud. I thought the circle meant that it was downloading, but it should go away fairly quickly unless there are a large number of audio tracks.

Have you checked your iCloud account to be sure there's no problems accessing it? Maybe check with iCloud drive to see what's there? It seems to me like Gadget is having a hard time downloading from the cloud.

I can get onto iCloud drive no problem...

I have created a new project and it goes up/down to/from iCloud no problem...

I can see the projects if I try and manage the storage through settings....does this access iCloud ? or is it cached on the device ?

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

I don't know enough about iCloud to answer those questions.

For Gadget specifically, I think it probably works this way:

• Device A created the song and saves it locally + in the cloud if asked to.
    • Device B lists it with a light colored cloud icon. Touch the project and it downloads the latest.
    • Device B modifies and saves the song. The Device B local copy and the cloud copy are saved.
    • Now Device A shows it with a light colored icon. Touch the project and it downloads the latest.
    • and so on...

Basically, each device always works with a local copy, but the Cloud knows that it's been modified. At some point the modified copy is sent to the cloud (I think this is when you press save, but I'm not sure). At that point other devices' local copy is out of date, so they show the light colored icon.

I think where things are going wrong for you is with the refresh of the local copy from the cloud. But that's a total guess. Sorry - best I can do with my limited understanding.

• @wim said:
    I don't know enough about iCloud to answer those questions.

For Gadget specifically, I think it probably works this way:

• Device A created the song and saves it locally + in the cloud if asked to.
    • Device B lists it with a light colored cloud icon. Touch the project and it downloads the latest.
    • Device B modifies and saves the song. The Device B local copy and the cloud copy are saved.
    • Now Device A shows it with a light colored icon. Touch the project and it downloads the latest.
    • and so on...

Basically, each device always works with a local copy, but the Cloud knows that it's been modified. At some point the modified copy is sent to the cloud (I think this is when you press save, but I'm not sure). At that point other devices' local copy is out of date, so they show the light colored icon.

I think where things are going wrong for you is with the refresh of the local copy from the cloud. But that's a total guess. Sorry - best I can do with my limited understanding.

Gives me something to go on.....I only have one device...BUT my daughter is on family sharing....I need to get her phone and check gadget on there. Cheers I may be on the trail :)......

• When in doubt, blame it on the kid! B)

• @wim said:
    When in doubt, blame it on the kid! B)

Always :D ....if she has modified them, I'll be interested to hear what she's done ;)

• Nope, checked her phone and the tracks are not on there, she has a different iCloud account.

• I'm out of ideas. It still seems like some kind of problem with Gadget's connection to iCloud. Good luck.

• @wim said:
    I'm out of ideas. It still seems like some kind of problem with Gadget's connection to iCloud. Good luck.

I've reported it to Korg.....I have tried disabling and re-enabling iCloud for gadget, only thing left would be reinstall of gadget.....I'll wait for their response before I try that.
    Cheers for taking the time to try and help me figure it out :)

• @wim

I got it sorted......sort of anyway....it just started working again...all on its own without me doing anything ???

I've been trying for at least 24 hours to get these down....

Need to find a solid backup method for these now.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @wim

I got it sorted......sort of anyway....it just started working again...all on its own without me doing anything ???

Email them to your daughter.

• @wim said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    @wim

Email them to your daughter.

How ?

• I dunno. It was a joke.

• @wim said:
    I dunno. It was a joke.

LMAO oh ok, sorry was very tired by that point last night :D

• New KORG IOS APPS group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/252819738457805/ Please come join!!!!!!!!!

• This is happening to lots of my gadget projects 😖Wtf ??

• How does one turn on iCloud sharing for Gadget projects - the little cloud icon is missing and I can’t see where to turn this feature on. Thx