Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi Link Sync app

Downloaded this app on my Air2, and iTouch, but when I went to put it on my Mini1...its no longer in app store. Thought maybe it was the mini being older and all, but to I went to the app store on Air 2 and its gone? Anyone else experienced this? Did I miss something? I'm new to the fourm... Really need this app to be on all my devices. Help?

Comments

• edited May 2017

yep. seems to have been removed. thanks for pointing this out. will archive my own copy onto my dropbox for future. Did you download the app on itunes on a pc/mac ? because that's the only way to archive the app and to install it once its been removed from the app store. Each .ipa only works with the itunes store account linked to it so i cannot share my own copy with you. but as long as i have a backup i can keep installing it.

• Link to MIDI by Alexandernaut
    https://appsto.re/gb/tYsJ_.i

Is still available and may help.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Link to MIDI by Alexandernaut
    https://appsto.re/gb/tYsJ_.i

Is still available and may help.

link to midi is one way though. it only lets you control midi devices via link.
    midi link sync was useful since you could do the opposite as well. like get auria pro to send midi to it and sync all link enabled apps to aurias tempo. sadly that isn't possible now for anyone that didn't backup the app :/

• Fm, hopefully there's some big plan for it going on behind this. MIDI Link Sync is an essential app.

• @OscarSouth said:
    Fm, hopefully there's some big plan for it going on behind this. MIDI Link Sync is an essential app.

Looptree the other app by the developer is also gone. The developer license might have expired.
    hopefully it gets sorted :/

• Thanks guys... Appreciate the info here. Also glad I could point this out to everyone! Unfortunately I did not download it on the computer, it was an app store purchase. I do also have Link to Midi app, but it can't help for my particular setup I do believe...
    iPad#1>Launchpad Pro>Launchpad app>Physical LP midi out>midi in 4out splitter>gui[tar pedals/looper....launchpad pro and app is then synced via ableton link and Midi Link Sync, physical midi out going to my pedals, voicelive 3 all synced to ipad#1 link. My problem is now that its gone, this not possible, because i cant have it on all my devices. iPad#2 shares link over wifi, #1 acts like a bpm master , while I can do all sorts of fun stuff on #2 chordpoly, samplr, bias fx, midi guitar>thumbjam. All of this through 1 looper all in sync half with hardwires and half wirelessly, but really need midi link sync to make this possible!
    I agree it is an essential app...My gut tells me a new and very improved version or something similar will be released.

• edited May 2017

@Scottzilla82 said:
    Thanks guys... Appreciate the info here. Also glad I could point this out to everyone! Unfortunately I did not download it on the computer, it was an app store purchase. I do also have Link to Midi app, but it can't help for my particular setup I do believe...
    iPad#1>Launchpad Pro>Launchpad app>Physical LP midi out>midi in 4out splitter>gui[tar pedals/looper....launchpad pro and app is then synced via ableton link and Midi Link Sync, physical midi out going to my pedals, voicelive 3 all synced to ipad#1 link. My problem is now that its gone, this not possible, because i cant have it on all my devices. iPad#2 shares link over wifi, #1 acts like a bpm master , while I can do all sorts of fun stuff on #2 chordpoly, samplr, bias fx, midi guitar>thumbjam. All of this through 1 looper all in sync half with hardwires and half wirelessly, but really need midi link sync to make this possible!
    I agree it is an essential app...My gut tells me a new and very improved version or something similar will be released.

I traded a few emails with the dev a while back, he's a very friendly and responsive guy.

Previously he was not permitted to add AB functionality to the app, because it wasn't in line with AB2's vision. I've been hoping (although haven't gotten round to putting out any enquiries about it) that MIDI Link Sync can enter AB3's wheelhouse in the future as a Link/MIDI master control centre of sorts. Imagine tempo change triggers in Audiobus remote!!

• This is bad news. Haven't updated so will try @gonekrazy3000 's idea. I like this app much more than love link to midi

• And someone must hack Link to force a global start ( reset start position )

• For App to App, or App to Ableton, Link is fine (apart from stop/start)

MIDI Clock is essential for anyone who is using external hardware sequencers or hardware synths with Arp's or tempo synced LFO's/Delays and not using Ableton or PC's...
    The hardware does not have link support so MIDI Clock is the only option.....Link to MIDI will do this...as will the MIDI Sync output available in Launchpad app as IAP...

If you want that hardware to be the tempo controller (as they often have a knob and tempo display which is far easier to use than the tempo selectors in most apps) then MIDI Link Sync is needed.
    I have very successfully used MIDI Link Sync to be able to control smooth tempo transistions on iOS and Link synced apps from Novation Circuit, you cannot do this unless you have something turning MIDI Clock into Link....

I hope this gets updated soon, or something comes along to replace it.

• I hope this app comes back - I agree it's essential, I use it often to sync with external gear, it's by far the best for this type of purpose, can work in both directions, has flexible timing compensation, etc...

This is now the strongest reason not to wipe my devices.

If I backup then wipe my iPad and restore from backup m, does this mean it won't be automatically reinstalled? I think so but can't remember.

• @HandOfEmpty said:
    I hope this app comes back - I agree it's essential, I use it often to sync with external gear, it's by far the best for this type of purpose, can work in both directions, has flexible timing compensation, etc...

This is now the strongest reason not to wipe my devices.

If I backup then wipe my iPad and restore from backup m, does this mean it won't be automatically reinstalled? I think so but can't remember.

Sadly the backup will not have the app unless it is also in your itunes since the idevice only has a "thinned" version of the app.