Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moon Beam Synth/Sampler Updated with AudioBus support

Inspired in part by the Casio Sk-1's lo-fi sonics/sampling, the Moon Beam also adds features only possible in the touch screen world: bend keys independently!!! You can of course also bend all voices in sync using the touch pad.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id796575480

Comments

• The description is interesting for sure. The video sounds good but doesn't really show the app. Anyone know of any other videos? Google only found this one.

• @syrupcore said:
    The description is interesting for sure. The video sounds good but doesn't really show the app. Anyone know of any other videos? Google only found this one.

I left a comment on the video asking for more, the guy answered promptly and said he would produce some videos up soon.

• Aces. Thanks!

• edited May 2017

@syrupcore said:
    Aces. Thanks!

I can't recommend it.

I like it, but only in an incredibly weird stylophone/bad 70s movie-of-the-week kind of way.

I will probably even use it. A bit. But this isn't going to reach the bar as far as most folks here are concerned.

EDIT: I know this sounds damning, and I don't mean to be that way (at all), but just know that a lot of folks who might wonder if iTuttle at 99 cents is worth a flier would be mad at spending five on this. Rightly or wrongly.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:
    Aces. Thanks!

I can't recommend it.

I like it, but only in an incredibly weird stylophone/bad 70s movie-of-the-week kind of way.

I will probably even use it. A bit. But this isn't going to reach the bar as far as most folks here are concerned.

EDIT: I know this sounds damning, and I don't mean to be that way (at all), but just know that a lot of folks who might wonder if iTuttle at 99 cents is worth a flier would be mad at spending five on this. Rightly or wrongly.

I do like the Boards of Canada warble going on, though.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:
    Aces. Thanks!

I can't recommend it.

Rarely do those words emanate from @JohnnyGoodyear

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:
    Aces. Thanks!

I can't recommend it.

Strangely, this is almost a positive review for me.

• I find that the volume is too weak in this synth but the sampled sounds are good .

• @robertreynolds said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:
    Aces. Thanks!

I can't recommend it.

Strangely, this is almost a positive review for me.

Glad to see my old Br'er Rabbit/reverse jinx game is still strong... :)

• I just got a killer free Sk-1 sample pack to have the wavs to import into Mood.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I just got a killer free Sk-1 sample pack to have the wavs to import into Mood.

Please elucidate.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

Please elucidate.

Mood the apesoft synth has a sample section that acts as an extra sound source. You can tune the samples to the oscillators. I got it just to experiment. If you want a copy of the samples, I'll upload it for you. They're straight waves though, so you'll have to make your own instruments in a sampler or something.

• I have sir Sampleton so this app is just kinda redundant. Not that someone might not dig it, but if I want a tool for quick sampling or some of that Casio SK1 weirdness I can use Sampleton or even the Cubasis sampler.

• @oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

Please elucidate.

Mood the apesoft synth has a sample section that acts as an extra sound source. You can tune the samples to the oscillators. I got it just to experiment. If you want a copy of the samples, I'll upload it for you. They're straight waves though, so you'll have to make your own instruments in a sampler or something.

Very kind. Gosh it's hard to do any work today.... :)

• Hey all,

I'm the developer for Moon Beam. I'll be getting a video together in the next days to demonstrate it's features. The video above is just warbled sine waves distorted w reverb. It's nice to read these comments, even the bad ones! ...although I'm totally biased and love this app.

A patch release will be coming hopefully in the next week for AudioBus3, that supports state saving and some minor bug fixes.

Cheers
    -Chris

• I bought,Moon Beam and I like it quite a bit. I can get usable stuff right away. Awsome. But it is a little glitchy. For instance: I turned the vinyl crackle all the way down and I was just sitting here (iaa in Cubasis btw) and all of a sudden the crackle came up to full level? Weird. And I'm using it as an iaa audio track and pointing a midi track at it. But Moon Bean isn't showing up in the routing list? I don't like that even though I still have it working sending midi to all outputs. Maybe you could look into that. Also I would gladly pay some extra money for more samples. IAP possibly? But all in all I've really glad I've purchased this. I'm all about interesting sound, ease of use, and most importantly, fun. Moon Beam does this for me so thanks for it! IAP IAP please.

• Looks interesting not sure how i missed a sample based app. May have to get this

• Thanks Morgman73! I wasn't aware of that crackle bug.. I'll look into that today and hopefully get that fix into next release. The Midi issues will definitely take some time for me to fix.. hopefully in 2 releases I can get that it. IAP for samples sure! I'll need to get some cools sounds together:)

Also iPad PRO layout is NOT correct... fixed that last night and so next release will have this fix as well.

• @ChrisConti said:
    Also iPad PRO layout is NOT correct... fixed that last night and so next release will have this fix as well.

That's good to hear (and see :) ).....

• hey new version released with these fixes:) Also tried upping the output volume as well. The reason it's low is a protection for when the user has 5 simultaneous notes held with oscillator volumes and master volume maxed out.. this would result in clipping.

• Any more videos?

• midi in/out?

• A rare update this synth still seems cranky ! Can get some great sounds but they interface still not great !

• Love this synth/ sampler. So great.

• This is a fantastic synth! I have it on an iPad and love it. I wish it would go universal. / I mostly sample it to make Boards of Canada styles sounds

• You can’t sync it, can you?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    A rare update this synth still seems cranky ! Can get some great sounds but they interface still not great !

Thought it was abandonware already. Nice to see it updated

• edited December 2019

WOW. My favourite iOs and maybe ever synth updated. Is it more properly works in terms of connectivity in AUM right now? Didn't make music for a while.

Maybe in future we will get auv3. I could pay for that again!

• Sample and preset as IAP seems nice addition in future because they are really what i want every time.