Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: IK Multimedia Syntronik (for Mac/PC)

edited May 2017 in Other

All you synth freaks gonna flip.

Comments

• Considering all you get in it, $299 isn't a bad deal for PC/Mac software. $149 launch price is even better. Then again, my adopting of a mobile-only mindset kinda keeps me from saving up to buy it. Then again, the sounds also work in Sampletank 3 according to the ad, so maybe IK Multimedia will release those as expansion packs for iOS Sampletank. One can only hope. ;)

• So it's basically a 50GB sample-library with some 'skins' to indicate what synths the samples come from!?
    Judging from the images available on the IK site the synth offer quite limited tweak-ability.
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

• @Samu said:
    So it's basically a 50GB sample-library with some 'skins' to indicate what synths the samples come from!?
    Judging from the images available on the IK site the synth offer quite limited tweak-ability.
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

Much more than that. Filters are analog-modeled, DRIFT™ algorithm provides the analog-style variations in the oscillators unlike straight-ahead sample libraries would, you can mix and match oscillators and filters to create hybrids of these synths that don't exist in hardware form, and you have the ability to tweak the envelopes, LFOs, etc like you would on the real synths.

The product pages should cover this and more, including the arpeggiators and such too, as well as DRIFT™:

DRIFT™ Technology
    Syntronik also includes all new “DRIFT” technology that breathes more life into the sampled oscillators themselves. Typically sample-based synthesizers have the limitation of having always the same exact sample attack, something that does not happen in their true hardware counterparts. IK’s DRIFT technology varies the phase, color and pitch of the sampled oscillators to keep them moving just like the real analog oscillators do. Much more than simple detuning or even multiple-source modulation, DRIFT emulates the way real analog circuits behave over time. The result is the unmistakable sound of analog that is the origin of any classic synthesizer sound.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Considering all you get in it, $299 isn't a bad deal for PC/Mac software. $149 launch price is even better. Then again, my adopting of a mobile-only mindset kinda keeps me from saving up to buy it. Then again, the sounds also work in Sampletank 3 according to the ad, so maybe IK Multimedia will release those as expansion packs for iOS Sampletank. One can only hope. ;)

€/$99.99 if you have registered any IK hardware/software product valued €/$99.99 or more (for those who have one of our interfaces valued over €/$99.99, for example)... And that is record time from announcement to hoping a mobile version is out. Well done, I'll make sure your request is heard and given this is a (the?) top mobile forum it's a great place to get such a request.

• NOTE: This appears to be for MAC/PC only, and does not appear to be iOS related.....

• @ikmultimedia Yeah, but considering that for example the Yamaha SY-99 offers full 6OP FM synthesis and AWM2 waves that can be used as modulator inputs + effects it's quite safe to conclude that this is not included in the app. So all in all, what is done here is 'round-robin' of samples from the synths that are 'emulated'.

Don't get me wrong there is a market for these kind of apps but I'm not one of the customers :)

• Man, there are a lot of wonderful things out there in the virtual instrument world! Wish $$ was unlimited, as this looks great.

The somewhat similar Arturia V Collection (50% off now if you are an NI user) uses a modelling approach rather than sampling. Even though it has 17 synths, organs, electric pianos, and pianos, it is only 8.5 GB. And it has 5000 presets as opposed to the 2000+ with Syntronik.
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/nks-special-arturia/?uuh=b085116dabb216278b08c5c0a65cdbe1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Arturia+NKS+special+for+non+owners+++c=nks+b=Komplete+t=Sales_Special_PD

UVI also has a package like this called Vintage Vault.

https://www.uvi.net/vintage-vault.html

• If this came to ios and really sounded as good as advertised, i dont think around 100€ with everything IAP'd would be too much. Especially if it was AU, either single synths or the whole thing.

Just saying @ikmultimedia

• @ikmultimedia said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Considering all you get in it, $299 isn't a bad deal for PC/Mac software. $149 launch price is even better. Then again, my adopting of a mobile-only mindset kinda keeps me from saving up to buy it. Then again, the sounds also work in Sampletank 3 according to the ad, so maybe IK Multimedia will release those as expansion packs for iOS Sampletank. One can only hope. ;)

€/$99.99 if you have registered any IK hardware/software product valued €/$99.99 or more (for those who have one of our interfaces valued over €/$99.99, for example)... And that is record time from announcement to hoping a mobile version is out. Well done, I'll make sure your request is heard and given this is a (the?) top mobile forum it's a great place to get such a request.

That is a pretty enticing deal actually. :) I got iRig Keys (the full-sized one), so I should be set to go on the PC/Mac version.

Thank you for letting my request be passed along. Gotta get those CS-80 styled Blade Runner sounds in my iPhone from somewhere.

• These days where we have such amazing real analog component modeling i find sampled vintage synth totally destroy the thing.
    I mean the most important part is missing.
    The most interesting parts are the filters since they are modeled but how could i do important things like modulating the cutoff with an OSC and so on with sampled OSC.
    Take it with a grain of salt because i´m a synth addict and i explored especially my love to those vintage synths in the last months. But this would be the last thing i want. Sorry.

• Looks very exiting. When will it be available? Strangly no Korg Synths in the compilation, same omission in the Arturia collection. Perhaps Korg will not allow it.

• @Samu said:
    @ikmultimedia Yeah, but considering that for example the Yamaha SY-99 offers full 6OP FM synthesis and AWM2 waves that can be used as modulator inputs + effects it's quite safe to conclude that this is not included in the app. So all in all, what is done here is 'round-robin' of samples from the synths that are 'emulated'.

Don't get me wrong there is a market for these kind of apps but I'm not one of the customers :)

I got very excited there for a few minutes, until I saw they were sample based.

I'm with you on this one, not for me. Now if they'd been like the NI gear, and taking into account my iRig interface discount....I'd be seriously considering it.

• Hmmm... could pick it up for $70 using jampoints. 50GB is pretty off-putting for me though.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:
    @ikmultimedia Yeah, but considering that for example the Yamaha SY-99 offers full 6OP FM synthesis and AWM2 waves that can be used as modulator inputs + effects it's quite safe to conclude that this is not included in the app. So all in all, what is done here is 'round-robin' of samples from the synths that are 'emulated'.

I'm with you on this one, not for me. Now if they'd been like the NI gear, and taking into account my iRig interface discount....I'd be seriously considering it.

Using samples + analog-modeled filters + DRIFT™ was the method we found provided most realistic-sounding results. This is not a ground-up sound designer's main tool, it is meant to provide very realistic-sounding synths with enough flexibility and editing to allow folks to make some great-sounding patches for their work.

Also, we do take into account your interface (and other purchases) with the very low special crossgrade pricing you can see at the Syntronik product page.

Hope that helps.

Also, for anybody new to the thread of if it isn't completely clear, this is a Mac/PC product so the thread would technical be "OT" (but I cannot change the title as I'm not OP).

• @ikmultimedia said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

Using samples + analog-modeled filters + DRIFT™ was the method we found provided most realistic-sounding results. This is not a ground-up sound designer's main tool, it is meant to provide very realistic-sounding synths with enough flexibility and editing to allow folks to make some great-sounding patches for their work.

For me, the point of a synth is to have access to all parameters, so I can even tweak presets into something completely new and out there. To create something unique.

So samples aren't going to do it for me I'm afraid. I'm sure this is a great bit of kit for performers though.

• edited May 2017

Yes but what's it got to do with iOS? Why post it here in the first place?

• @ikmultimedia said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

Also, we do take into account your interface (and other purchases) with the very low special crossgrade pricing you can see at the Syntronik product page.

Hope that helps.

Also, for anybody new to the thread of if it isn't completely clear, this is a Mac/PC product so the thread would technical be "OT" (but I cannot change the title as I'm not OP).

I've also been following your thread on KVR but have a question - you've already stated its not for designing sounds from the ground up, but to what extent can they be tweaked with. I'm potentially interested in Syntronik due to the Galaxy. The Andromeda has the reputation of being the or one of the best synths for pads and evolving soundscapes etc. To what extent is it possible to create new unique sounds or mutate existing sounds using Galaxy as if one were using an Andromeda. You've mentioned the limitations of Syntronik but I have no idea in practice what this equates to.
    Posting some videos on your site showing some presets as a starting point and then demonstrating to what extent they can be altered by the user would be great. As would some extra demos of presets in general, you have only two audio examples of the Galaxy for example. Will there be a demo version of Syntronik available to download? If not then such a small number of audio demos is just way too little to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.

• @mungbeans said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

Hope that helps.

I've also been following your thread on KVR but have a question - you've already stated its not for designing sounds from the ground up, but to what extent can they be tweaked with. I'm potentially interested in Syntronik due to the Galaxy. The Andromeda has the reputation of being the or one of the best synths for pads and evolving soundscapes etc. To what extent is it possible to create new unique sounds or mutate existing sounds using Galaxy as if one were using an Andromeda. You've mentioned the limitations of Syntronik but I have no idea in practice what this equates to.
    Posting some videos on your site showing some presets as a starting point and then demonstrating to what extent they can be altered by the user would be great. As would some extra demos of presets in general, you have only two audio examples of the Galaxy for example. Will there be a demo version of Syntronik available to download? If not then such a small number of audio demos is just way too little to make a decision on whether to purchase or not.

There was a video posted there that asked "but can you do this with Syntronik?" which was a very evolving and manipulated Andromeda A6 performance and the answer was yes. And this is coming from the person in charge of Syntronik who I mentioned was the Product Manager and one of the key designers of the actual Andromeda A6. That is what kind of tweakability you'd have, there are parameters shown in the screenshots on the site to which would illustrate what's available as well but I assume you've seen those shots. I will relay your suggestion for videos illustrating more of this sort of thing. Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm told there will likely be a demo version available upon release. At that time you'd be able to try it but the pre-order pricing will also likely be finished by that time.

• @mungbeans said:

I'll assume this question is for OP, as I did not post about Syntronik anywhere on this forum until I saw questions and comments in this post by another AB forum user.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@mungbeans said:

I'll assume this question is for OP, as I did not post about Syntronik anywhere on this forum until I saw questions and comments in this post by another AB forum user.

Yes it was for the OP.

• The video series promoting Syntronik is very much of interest to anybody who loves synthesizers, whether on phones, pads, computer or hardware... Three are out so far:

• I know this is still OT (though the suggestion to bring Syntronik to iOS has been relayed and heard, too) but for those interested:

Syntronik will be released July 20, 2017 11:30 GMT - Click here for more information and countdown timer is posted on the Syntronik web page.

• There are now 8 videos up on this, including the demo.

• Hey at least it not another BM3 post about how many BM3 posts there are......

• I asked IK Multimedia about the possibility of at least some of these synths being made available in IOS format - and the response was "Keep an eye on our website over the next couple of months". Which I take to be an encouraging sign!

• @PhilW said:
    I asked IK Multimedia about the possibility of at least some of these synths being made available in IOS format - and the response was "Keep an eye on our website over the next couple of months". Which I take to be an encouraging sign!

Yes, we've definitely heard the requests for this so it is indeed promising :)

• For those interested in the Mac/PC version of Syntronik, we've updated Syntronik Mac/PC to 1.1

Now with FX Drag & Drop and Chain Presets, Quick Edit of Multis, Aftertouch and more.

• Are there any plans to make Syntronik universal? I already own it on iPad but really wish I had it on my iPhone.

@ikmultimedia said:
    For those interested in the Mac/PC version of Syntronik, we've updated Syntronik Mac/PC to 1.1

Now with FX Drag & Drop and Chain Presets, Quick Edit of Multis, Aftertouch and more.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are there any plans to make Syntronik universal? I already own it on iPad but really wish I had it on my iPhone.

@ikmultimedia said:
    For those interested in the Mac/PC version of Syntronik, we've updated Syntronik Mac/PC to 1.1

I'm told Syntronik for iPad is slated to become universal, yes.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are there any plans to make Syntronik universal? I already own it on iPad but really wish I had it on my iPhone.

@ikmultimedia said:

I'm told Syntronik for iPad is slated to become universal, yes.

Any news on audio units for iOS? I’m patiently waiting on this feature