Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Suggestions on print magazines ..

Looking into possibility of picking up a print subscription to a music magazine ..

Goal being to have something to have physically laying around to occasionally pick up .. thumb though .. etc.
Not interested in digital versions although they may be much cheaper..

Wants:

1. Focused mostly on electronic -- digital production .. ( close to what gets discussed here in other words ).
  2. The less expensive the better.

Seems like Electronic Musician might be good ?

Never thumbed through one .. but looks like it is about US $20-$24 /year ..

Then there's ones like Sound On Sound ... Looks headier ..more expensive ... but maybe the quality of the content is worth it ?
It's more in the US$60 /year range as of this writing ..

Comments

• Sound On Sound is the only one worth reading these days IMO.

• Sound on Sound. It's the only one you'll need. I subscribed to SOS back in the day (along with The Mix, and Future Music), when I had time to read things, now kids and family take up nearly all my time. If I was going to subscribe again to a magazine, it would definitely be Sound on Sound.

• Tape op- doesn't get cheaper than free. Not exclusively electronic but great production articles in general

• I second Tape-Op. It's fascinating.

• Sound On Sound is great. Dutch/Belgian forum members may also look into Interface magazine, which is a personal fav of mine.

• @mrufino1

Thanks for that tip! Just subscribed to Tape-Op ... looks like that might be good fodder to have laying around ...

I figured Sound on Sound might be the recommendation from many here -- thanks to those suggesting that one as well .. That might just end up being a once in awhile pickup at a newsstand... rather than devoting a subscription to it ..

• @heybail said:
    @mrufino1

Thanks for that tip! Just subscribed to Tape-Op ... looks like that might be good fodder to have laying around ...

I figured Sound on Sound might be the recommendation from many here -- thanks to those suggesting that one as well .. That might just end up being a once in awhile pickup at a newsstand... rather than devoting a subscription to it ..

Just got the new Tape-Op in yesterday, I love that magazine & look forward to it every other month. Sound on Sound is indeed great but pricey...I used to get the print at Tower Records, I'd thumb through it to see what was in that months issue, because sometimes some issues were better than others...

I had Recording Magazine on sub for​ years but let it lapse. The internet of course is just so full of information (and shit) that the EQ, Mix, Electronic Musician, Modern Drummer, Guitar Player, etc. magazines I'd buy every month can't compete.

They're still awesome to look at though, there's nothing quite like a real paper magazine to kick back with & drool...At the ads! I'm talking music magazines still...oh.

• edited May 2017

@JRSIV said:
    They're still awesome to look at though, there's nothing quite like a real paper magazine to kick back with & drool...

I love it when a MF catalog comes in the mail. I rarely buy out of it, but it's always fun to thumb through it and GAS over the gear.

• @asnor said:

@JRSIV said:
    They're still awesome to look at though, there's nothing quite like a real paper magazine to kick back with & drool...

I love it when a MF catalog comes in the mail. I rarely buy out of it, but it's always fun to thumb through it and GAS over the gear.

That's one of life's simple pleasures brother. Believe me I enjoy laying in bed at Midnight going through ebay listings & online stores like SweetWater but there's something that is just on another level when you're holding a catalog or magazine.

Man I remember this one day going into a Sam Ash & they had not only the new Fender Frontline catalog for that year but also the latest Zildjian Times catalog. I remember being amazed at how thick the Fender catalog was...it was on my studio for years.

• Sound On Sound is quality.