Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Novation Ultranova and Ableton Live audio playback problem

I am using my Novation Ultranova as an audio interface on my MacBook Pro using Ableton Live 9.7.2. I have selected an audio track on Ableton Live to record a pattern using onboard sounds on my Ultranova but whenever I playback the what I have recorded, the sounds stutter and break up. Is there any way I can fix this. Please advise.

Comments

• I had a similar problem using Live on my Win 8 machine, solved it by using the Asio4all driver, this I know is not too helpful as you are using a Mac, but have you tried using it in another DAW, any other freely available one, to test if you can get it working, usually altering the buffer size makes the sound more stable.

• I will try the buffer size and try it on Logic Pro X and see if I have the same problem there. I can playback all the VST and AU plugins with no problems at all but when a I record and playback the sounds from my Novation Ultranova thats when a I run into problems with the audio stuttering when a I play them back.

• If you have both Audio and VSTs running together try disabling the VSTs to see if the Audio track plays back normally, I've noticed that when I do use a lot of midi data, sent to the Ultranova it can cause problems.

• No, I have this problem with the audio stuttering even without VST and AU plugins running.

• edited May 2017

I contacted Novation and it's been confirmed it was a problem with the current Novation USB driver on MacOS Sierra. The USB driver has issues with audio on MacOS Sierra so they emailed me a USB driver for El Capitan which works for audio on Sierra. Now everything is working. :)

• @Artmuzz said:
    I contacted Novation and it's been confirmed it was a problem with the current Novation USB driver on MacOS Sierra. The USB driver has issues with audio on MacOS Sierra so they emailed me a USB driver for El Capitan which works for audio on Sierra. Now everything is working. :)

Hi Artmuzz,

I seem to have the same problem you described here... is there any chance that you can send me this plugin somehow? Would be of great help...

Thanks,
    Nitai

• @sylvnit said:

@Artmuzz said:

Hi Artmuzz,

I seem to have the same problem you described here... is there any chance that you can send me this plugin somehow? Would be of great help...

Thanks,
    Nitai

I think you can download the UltraNova El Capitan driver here.
    http://beta.novationmusic.com/releases/novation_usb_audio/