Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Redshrike 2.0

What’s new in version 2

• Universal App : Optimized for iPad and iPhone
  • Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3) compatible
  • Support for Audiobus State Saving
  • Exporting and importing of presets via Share extensions
  • Swing parameter in the arpeggiator
  • Improved MIDI mapping function

Comments

• Amazing update!!

• Great synth and awesome update. Thanks mentioning.

• edited May 2017

plus many.

• I hope their other synths will become AU's too

• Yikes! Time to get this one now that it's universal and AUv3.
    I have a good feeling that the rest of the IceGear apps will get AUv3 treatment soon too :)

• AU - woo hoo !!

• hopefully since they added AU to this the others will follow... it would be a great addition to the ever growing AU universe.

• I didn't see update coming this coming at all. Universality and AU are fantastic additions. I didn't have an AU polysynth available to me (have mainly worked with Viking for synth AU) so this is a big boost to my toolkit.

• "It's universal, and an AU." Yep, there we go. Sold. :)

• Anyone know if you can use the arpeggiator when using the app as an AUv3?

• @theartwebreathe said:
    Anyone know if you can use the arpeggiator when using the app as an AUv3?

Can do

• @theartwebreathe said:
    Anyone know if you can use the arpeggiator when using the app as an AUv3?

Yes

• @OscarSouth & @skiphunt that's great to hear, thanks for the confirmation!

• @theartwebreathe said:
    @OscarSouth & @skiphunt that's great to hear, thanks for the confirmation!

Not only that, you can run completely different separate arp sequences on each AU instance :)

• edited May 2017

Don't know what settings to use in the 'app' but the AUv3 doesn't properly sync to the host clock(s) tried with a few hosts, arp skips steps etc...

• edited May 2017

@Samu said:
    Don't know what settings to use in the 'app' but the AUv3 doesn't sync to the host clock?!

What host are you using ?
    Nevermind. testing in both ab3 and AUM it seems Redshrike ignores tempo from the host completely.
    no lfo, no arp, nothing. this is seriously disappointing :(

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Samu said:
    Don't know what settings to use in the 'app' but the AUv3 doesn't sync to the host clock?!

What host are you using ?
    Nevermind. testing in both ab3 and AUM it seems Redshrike ignores tempo from the host completely.
    no lfo, no arp, nothing. this is seriously disappointing :(

Cubasis and BM3...

Cubasis misses the 'last step' if using a 1 bar note with 1/16th note arps, it's like it 'halts' before it starts again?!
    BM3 is in beta so AUv3 'clock' is disabled in the current one... Will test with the new one later today.

• Awesome! Thanks to the dev. And thanks for the heads up.

• Also noting that it is $5.99 now and the descriptions says: "The price will be changed to $7.99 on June 5, 2017."

I think that qualifies as a "sale"...?

• Hehe in the Canadian store it is currently $8.49 and says it will become $7.99... they should specify USD

• Wow, the sliding control strip is pure genius. I wish other multi page synths were like this. Also UI in general is pretty sweet.

• @AudioGus said:
    Hehe in the Canadian store it is currently $8.49 and says it will become $7.99... they should specify USD

That's nothing. It is currently £5.99 but apparently, after the June of 5th, it'll be in a completely foreign currency!

• 6,99 € in Spain right now.

• @samu @gonekrazy3000 Just received a response from the developer about the tempo sync:

"Redshrike running as Audio Unit Extension is synchronized only when
    the host application is playing. If tempo information is provided even
    when the host is stopped, I am considering changing the specification
    so that it follows that tempo. However, this may not work depending on
    host implementation."

• Side note, I've had this synth since release. When I'm picking a synth to test something or midi connections, etc. I always use Redshrike because I know it just always works like it's supposed to and it very reliable.

• @supadom said:
    Wow, the sliding control strip is pure genius. I wish other multi page synths were like this. Also UI in general is pretty sweet.

? Don't want to think I'm missing out on pure genius! Do you mean the thingie at the bottom left of the keyboard that pops out?

• In other news: I think there's def. room for some more presets/a guest bank etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@supadom said:
    Wow, the sliding control strip is pure genius. I wish other multi page synths were like this. Also UI in general is pretty sweet.

? Don't want to think I'm missing out on pure genius! Do you mean the thingie at the bottom left of the keyboard that pops out?

No, the whole scrollable (left to right) red panel with controls. I know seems silly calling it a genius idea but I've never seen this on a synth and definitely prefer it to a multi page approach a la Thor.

• BTW can anyone check if this responds to Program Change for patch selection?

• Ah, and being able to change patches while the arp is running is something I always wanted and missed in other synths. This dev speaks my language!