Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Super Manetron name change

Super Manetron was updated with new name "Manetron2"

Namely just bugfixes in update.

Curious that after update search yields no results in either name. So no link.

Comments

• Hope he added "super manetron" to his search keywords!

• Still out of tune

• As much as I love Mellotrons I just can't get into this app. The volume of individual keys vary too much, many (most) keys are way out of tune and if you move your finger slightly while pressing a key the sound will cut off. The update didn't change any of this.

• Guess all of their time and effort went into the name change.

• Actually I do like this app. It faithfully captures that sweet and strangely brittle sound of the mellotron as I remember it from the early records. By all accounts the original units were rather unreliable and prone to variations in the sounds due to temperature, wear and time.
    I don't have M3000 but I've seen and heard demo videos and to me, that sounds just too perfect...

• I know part of the Mellotron's charm is its quirkiness and wobbles, but this app goes too far. I have plenty of old records with Mellotron and none of them are this out of tune and none have such a large disparity in volume from key to key. This app is modeled on one specific instrument (ser. #761) and I am certain neither The Beatles, King Crimson or OMD would use this specific Mellotron to record with.

• The whole app is slightly sharp so it sounds horribly out of tune with everything else. I can drop the pitch slightly with the tuning knob and get it in tune but when you let go of the knob it defaults back to sharp again. Yes I know tron's were quirky and had tapes inside etc. I could deal with slight variations in sound but not with the whole app being out of tune.
    I agree with MrNezumi I don't remember any recorded examples I've ever heard sounding this badly out of tune. Maybe the particular mellotron sampled for this app was a lemon.
    I'm just glad I bought this app on sale and only lost a few bucks.

• edited September 2013

Manetron 2 has the same MIDI problems as IMini when it comes to BeatMaker2. Works ok with Cubasis (Virtual MIDI selected as Out port), but not with BM. M3000HD doesn't respond to Virtual MIDI at all and has a Note-off problem when used with external controllers.