Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep step sequencer - chords

Not really an Audiobus question, but it seems like there a a lot of Modstep users here, so hopefully someone here knows the answer to this. Is there a way to program in chords using the step sequencer without recording live? I'd like to be able to select the step and hit the chord pad to insert a chord on that step, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. It looks like you have to run the track and hit the pads real time. Am I missing something?

Comments

• I find it really fast to use a mix of drawing in the chords manually and using the edit tools to copy and transpose as needed

Modstep has the best and fastest piano roll on iOS in my opinion. It's so easy and fluid to move, copy and transpose notes that i've never bothered to look for other chord solutions

I know i'm not helping here but just thought i'd offer my thoughts :)

• @jn2002dk said:
    I find it really fast to use a mix of drawing in the chords manually and using the edit tools to copy and transpose as needed

Modstep has the best and fastest piano roll on iOS in my opinion. It's so easy and fluid to move, copy and transpose notes that i've never bothered to look for other chord solutions

I know i'm not helping here but just thought i'd offer my thoughts :)

Actually - I hadn't thought of that! I'll give that a try. Thanks!

I just can't figure out why they have the chord section available in the step sequencer, but no way to apply a chord to a step without having the sequence running. I thought I might be missing something.

• @Kiki_90291 said:
    I thought I might be missing something.

You will say this from time to time with Modstep. It's how you know you are part of the club.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Kiki_90291 said:
    I thought I might be missing something.

You will say this from time to time with Modstep. It's how you know you are part of the club.

Truth.

• That should be the subheading on the cover of the ModStep manual.

• Yes it seems this is not possible unless I missed it too, would be a good feature request. I'm surprised you can't use the edit tools to drag a chord over to a step.

• @Kiki_90291. I do not own Modstep, but I would love to have it. :) A quick look at the manual at http://modstep.net/manual/ indicate the following:

A Template can consist of three individual elements: CCs, Chords and Pads which will all be saved in one file. You can also load and save those elements separately to import them in another Template. You can load and save Chords using the Template Browser.

Does this make sense? I cannot verify this, since I do not own the app.

• @Bobbejaan said:
    @Kiki_90291. I do not own Modstep, but I would love to have it. :) A quick look at the manual at http://modstep.net/manual/ indicate the following:

A Template can consist of three individual elements: CCs, Chords and Pads which will all be saved in one file. You can also load and save those elements separately to import them in another Template. You can load and save Chords using the Template Browser.

Does this make sense? I cannot verify this, since I do not own the app.

There's chord pads. The op is asking whether you can enter chords into the step sequencer using them. The step sequencer itself is monophonic so the answer is no.

• you can clone transpose and move the chords around in the step sequencer since the step sequencer is tied to the piano roll but a specific chord sequencer option would be really nice :)