Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TheAudioDabbler | BeatHawk BeatMaker 2 AIFF Sample Chopping

Tutorial on chopping up a sample in BM2 by adding markers and tempo and using the file in BeatHawk. @aaronpc Thanks for the video suggestion.

Comments

• Cool. Now, if someone can just figure out how to make multi-sampled instruments for BH (so high/low velocity can have a special sound), I'll be sorted. In the meantime, I've taken to adding special hits into the loop and mapping to keys.

• edited May 2017

Excellent video, sir and thanks.
    As always vey clear, helpful and to the point .

• Maybe in a year or so we'll have proper sampling and editing features in BH or something...

• @Samu said:
    Maybe in a year or so we'll have proper sampling and editing features in BH or something...

Or BM3 before the century turns...

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Samu said:
    Maybe in a year or so we'll have proper sampling and editing features in BH or something...

Or BM3 before the century turns...

Yeah, Mister Samuel, not your usual gracious self there...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I had higher expectations on BH2 regarding sampling and instrument creation that's all...
    Time will tell where everything goes :)

• @Samu said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I had higher expectations on BH2 regarding sampling and instrument creation that's all...
    Time will tell where everything goes :)

I sincerely hope I don't say the same as regards your beloved BM3 and ease of use/workflow :)

• Thanks @gmslayton! I was resorting to editing files on the PC using FL Studio's Edison editor to make loops. Now I don't have to bust out the PC. Also I'm appreciating BM2 for the first time.

But more than anything, I was missing that little piano icon to make the slices playable on the keys! That one is huge there. B)

• @Samu: I myself was hoping for something on the level of Cubasis's mini sampler , but no such luck, I guess.