Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Soundprism Pro on drugs

When you jam too hard

Comments

• You must have shaken the device like a crazy one using the accelerometer. :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2017

I actually noticed a bug on Soundprism pro on the phone last night.

The Bass notes are delayed by at least half a second if you tap on the left half of the bass notes. Nothing to do with overlapping the screen. Its an iphone 6s plus so plenty of space to be triggering the note.

That's using internal sounds too so not down to any midi latency.

• Oops, sorry, I thought you were making an offer…

• @Max23 said:
    Huh? Someone actually uses the on board sounds?
    I just use it as midi trigger

Yep, I even bought the iap sounds too, I really love the choral sounds particularly 'airy'. I'd probably not buy them again but this was years ago.

• This has been asked before, but I can't find a definitive answer. Is there a difference between SoundPrism Pro and SoundPrism Link? Does Pro not have Link?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    This has been asked before, but I can't find a definitive answer. Is there a difference between SoundPrism Pro and SoundPrism Link? Does Pro not have Link?

Yeah big difference actually. Totally different built in sounds. Pro has different play modes and no Link. In Pro you can choose one or two octave chords and there's a 2 note chords option. Link is always full 2 octave chords. Pro also doesn't have the "chords plus single note melody" stuff that Link has. But the iPhone version of Link doesn't have that either. Soundprism Pro also doesn't have a 4 note chord mode while Link does. The midi routing is different as well. Link sends out to 3 different destinations for chord, bass, and melody. Pro can send out to either bass or chord sections but PER TOUCH so it's slightly more flexible but depends how you like to play. Link has a ribbon controller for midi ccs. Also the root of the chords play in the bass automatically in Link. Pro doesn't do this, which is a plus in my opinion. Hope that helps. I like Soundprism pro a little bit more because of the more flexible harmony options, but Link is no slouch either.

• @db909 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    This has been asked before, but I can't find a definitive answer. Is there a difference between SoundPrism Pro and SoundPrism Link? Does Pro not have Link?

Yeah big difference actually. Totally different built in sounds. Pro has different play modes and no Link. In Pro you can choose one or two octave chords and there's a 2 note chords option. Link is always full 2 octave chords. Pro also doesn't have the "chords plus single note melody" stuff that Link has. But the iPhone version of Link doesn't have that either. Soundprism Pro also doesn't have a 4 note chord mode while Link does. The midi routing is different as well. Link sends out to 3 different destinations for chord, bass, and melody. Pro can send out to either bass or chord sections but PER TOUCH so it's slightly more flexible but depends how you like to play. Link has a ribbon controller for midi ccs. Also the root of the chords play in the bass automatically in Link. Pro doesn't do this, which is a plus in my opinion. Hope that helps. I like Soundprism pro a little bit more because of the more flexible harmony options, but Link is no slouch either.

Wow, thanks for the detail. I actually don't know what I need, really. I feel a little bit like the guy who goes to buy a bike and has to decide whether he's more likely to use a touring bike with a relaxed geometry or a much lighter road bike that's twitchy as a rabbit.
    I don't actually know how I'd use SoundPrism; was hoping to land on the most versatile variety. I'm not a natural keyboardist, and Link seems to make everything better. I guess I'd go with whatever is easier and more forgiving, which sounds like Link.

But I realize that means that I'm walking out of the bike store with a flat-bar hybrid, which is kind of a bummer.....

:)

• One thing I like about Link is that you can set your synth to receive midi from just the top melody note of the chord and then have Link set to thick 4 note chords. Which means you can absolutely shred on melodies barely moving your finger because of how much of the playing surface the chord takes up.

• @db909 said:
    One thing I like about Link is that you can set your synth to receive midi from just the top melody note of the chord and then have Link set to thick 4 note chords. Which means you can absolutely shred on melodies barely moving your finger because of how much of the playing surface the chord takes up.

That's exactly what I like to hear.