Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: gigging with a MacBook Pro

I've finally broken down and stepped back into the world of Mac OS. I'm currently using my iPad Pro live, but thinking about switching to the MacBook. Just wondering if anyone here has experience doing so. One big hurdle for me is that I need a nice stable stand for it. I'm a guitarist, not a key player, so I don't have any existing stands to work with. I really need something music-stand-esque because I often am forced to use chord charts. I really want to run Amplitube 4 in conjunction with other plugins like Valhalla Shimmer. Would MainStage be the best way to accomplish that? Thanks folks.

Comments

• @5pinlink said:
    Reaper or Renoise are the most stable and least resource heavy hosts for hosting plugins.
    If your chosen plugins are stable in either of these they will be rock solid on stage.

>

Are they better than Logic? I'm interested in using the Mac live too, and already have Logic, so interested to know what they could bring to the party.

• @5pinlink said:
    If youre happy with Logic and it works, stick with it, Reaper and Renoise are cheap and known for being bomb proof.

I'm updating my hard drive as Logic runs like an arthritic slug since recent os updates, but I'd be interested in something a bit less CPU heavy out of curiosity.

• On mac, five12 numerology is a great option for hosting plugins, it's a performance oriented midi sequencer on steroid, I miss it a lot since somebody stole my MacBook, way more than logic btw

• I also love Blue Cat´s Patchworks.

• I haven't used it, but this looks pretty cool for live use. Open source, multi-platform Giada:

https://www.giadamusic.com/

• @asnor said:
    I haven't used it, but this looks pretty cool for live use. Open source, multi-platform Giada:

https://www.giadamusic.com/

That's cool. Wasn't aware of that project.

• @5pinlink said:

@MonzoPro said:

@5pinlink said:
    If youre happy with Logic and it works, stick with it, Reaper and Renoise are cheap and known for being bomb proof.

I'm updating my hard drive as Logic runs like an arthritic slug since recent os updates, but I'd be interested in something a bit less CPU heavy out of curiosity.

Yeah i would try Reaper, it is super light on resources, the default theme is a bit of an ugly pig, just check the theme section on their forum.
    First thing i suggest to people when teaching Reaper is this...
    Go straight to customize menus and remove all default menus but keep them in sub menus, now when you right click on something or open any other menu, they will be empty but contain a sub menu with everything default in, wihin a couple of days you have moved whatever you want in to your menus, it speeds up workflow no end.
    Reaper is based on actions, so you can put any action in any menu (there are thousands of actions and an entire community building them too, and you can request them in the forum, oh and you can combine them to create macros) sounds complicated but ultimately means you can have it as complex or simple as you want and it fits your way of working.
    Good thing about Reaper is the zero restrictions on the demo, it just reminds you you havent bought a licence with a nagscreen, but all features are available, so you can give it a good run through before buying.

Thanks for the info. Like the sound of the demo, will give that a spin.

• For Hosting and Bussing, Hosting-Au is Uber light... 600 Kb download and free.

• I'm learning Numerology right now. Incredible program! I have a thing about laptops on stage, but this is making me rethink that concept.

@pierre said:
    On mac, five12 numerology is a great option for hosting plugins, it's a performance oriented midi sequencer on steroid, I miss it a lot since somebody stole my MacBook, way more than logic btw

• numerology is absolutely glorious! super happy with reaper as well

• Well, thanks for all the suggestions folks, but I'm returning the MacBook Pro. I realized after a while that I miss more about iOS than I appreciate what I gain from Mac OS. Here's to hoping the gap closes even more between the capabilities of the two platforms shortly, June 5th to be exact :smile: