AB launching problems since last update

Hi,
I'm just wandering if it's coincidence or only me. Since the last update two days ago I have problems starting session presets or just adding apps in the midi slots. Like midiSTEPs refuses to start, it's a circle from launching to tap to fix.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Haven't tried too much, but did get same issue w MidiSTEPs you mention.

• Yeah I've noticed audiobus 2 and 3 acting strangely too and freezing when attempting to open apps. Mostly happening with tonestack for me

• edited May 19 Vote Up0

I've been able to successfully launch Audiobus 3 presets with midiSTEPs and another with ToneStack without any issues and they produce sounds as expected. Clearing the session and closing all non-AU apps including Audiobus 3 has been working well for me.

• Mod step wont' launch.

• Syndt won't load as audio input either.

• @LeonLeroy said:
    Mod step wont' launch.

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue from before the update, and which needs to be fixed by the ModStep developers, but my memory could be wrong. Anyway...

Works for me if I launch Modstep before Audiobus, and then add as an Audio (not midi) input. It's not supposed to show up as a Midi input, but does because of some lingering beta code or something, if I remember correctly.

• @wim said:

@LeonLeroy said:
    Mod step wont' launch.

I'm pretty sure this is a known issue from before the update, and which needs to be fixed by the ModStep developers, but my memory could be wrong. Anyway...

Works for me if I launch Modstep before Audiobus, and then add as an Audio (not midi) input. It's not supposed to show up as a Midi input, but does because of some lingering beta code or something, if I remember correctly.

Your memory is correct, unless mine isn't as well.

• I had a ton of stuff not launch tonight...beatawk, blocs wave, animoog a few times...it's a bummer. I don't even think i really need audiobus 3 with AUM and Audiobus 2. I'm starting to think I need to walk away from this app for a while.

• Sorry to hear about this, guys; I've contacted the devs of MidiSTEPs and ModStep about it; those having problems with Tonestack: are you seeing this with or without audio hardware connected? (I ask because I'm trying to investigate issues with Tonestack on this thread).

@LeonLeroy, you win for most app fails! Can you give me any more info about your setup? Are you still seeing this? Have you tried the new session reset feature? Inter-App Audio (on which Audiobus 2 and 3 are based) does have some issues with cleaning up sessions on its own, so it sometimes needs a little help.

• I think it has something to with my iConnectAudio4+, cause the apps launch without a problem if it's not connected. Also interesting is, that I can launch the apps and then connect the interface and it works. It the same for fugue

• The iCA4+ issue seems to be a common one - we're still trying to figure out what it is about that hardware (as well as the Apogee Quartet, apparently) that's causing trouble. Discussion over here