M3000 Ultimate Edition on sale

Comments

  • 20 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • I don't have this one .Is it good ? One time the price was 24 euros and i missed it :(

  • It's great but has bugs on the 12.9" and it seems the dev said somewhere that he won't be updating it anymore :disappointed:

  • @Munibeast said:
    It's great but has bugs on the 12.9" and it seems the dev said somewhere that he won't be updating it anymore :disappointed:

    That fades me out right there....

  • What bugs?

  • @Munibeast said:
    It's great but has bugs on the 12.9" and it seems the dev said somewhere that he won't be updating it anymore :disappointed:

    $74.99 for a buggy piece of abandonware? Pass.

  • My favorite app. Look up Doug's soundtestroom vids for this on you tube. Sounds wonderful. These are the original Mellotron tapes.

    If you like Mellotrons, nothing else comes close.

  • edited May 18 Vote Up0

    How is the Jordantron ? is it a modern version of the mellotron ?

    @eustressor said:
    My favorite app. Look up Doug's soundtestroom vids for this on you tube. Sounds wonderful. These are the original Mellotron tapes.

    If you like Mellotrons, nothing else comes close.

  • Watched the SoundTestRoom's video on YouTube, it sounds fantastic, but I have an iPad Pro 12,9" so if there are serious bugs on that, then I'll pass. Does anyone know what kinds of bugs ?

  • I've been running M3000 on a 12.9 since day one and I'm not aware of any significant bugs other than failing to load in AUM saved patches, requiring a manual restart. Even that seems to have been sorted in the last AUM update. If you're into authentic Mellotrons I could swear the flute is the exact one from Nights in white satin, and the strings with effects added get quickly into Tangerine dream territory.

  • I bought the basic version, with 10 or 15 of the classic standard Mellotron sounds and it's incredible. I'd like to have more of the tapes in this version but the 50th Anniversary standard version has the tapes I really want (flutes, cello, strings) while the complete version has a lot of sounds that I could take or leave.

    But if you're​ curious and want the Mellotron experience than this is the one to get, the standard version is well woth it. Listen to the Mellotron flutes in the Super Manetron app and in the Cubasis​ 2 added sounds.
    Then listen to this version...no question which sounds most authentic. The Manetron is good and for a packaged instrument the Cubasis one. is really nice.

    But this M3000 is on another level...

  • @grego68 said:
    How is the Jordantron ? is it a modern version of the mellotron ?

    @eustressor said:
    My favorite app. Look up Doug's soundtestroom vids for this on you tube. Sounds wonderful. These are the original Mellotron tapes.

    If you like Mellotrons, nothing else comes close.

    Not really, it is a collection of Jordan's stage sounds, recorded from his keyboards and presented with the M3000 interface. Some epic sounds on there for sure.

  • edited May 18 Vote Up0

    get any old iPad, put it on an ioDock, then add this app with all content and there's you're standalone mellotron for bargain B)
    The most remarkable fact is that the makers of the app actually record(ed) new tapes with authentic old gear.
    There's a soprano, a violin and the afforementioned Rudess soundset.
    The Chamberlain sounds are awesome, too.

    ps just checked the store: it's got all tapes available and future, great offer
    (the respective VST costs several hundred with exactly the same sounds)

  • @Audiohub said:
    What bugs?

    The graphics tend to freeze up and notes on the keyboard stop lighting up correctly.

  • @JRSIV said:
    I bought the basic version, with 10 or 15 of the classic standard Mellotron sounds and it's incredible. I'd like to have more of the tapes in this version but the 50th Anniversary standard version has the tapes I really want (flutes, cello, strings) while the complete version has a lot of sounds that I could take or leave.

    But if you're​ curious and want the Mellotron experience than this is the one to get, the standard version is well woth it. Listen to the Mellotron flutes in the Super Manetron app and in the Cubasis​ 2 added sounds.
    Then listen to this version...no question which sounds most authentic. The Manetron is good and for a packaged instrument the Cubasis one. is really nice.

    But this M3000 is on another level...

    Agreed. Even the Beathawk soundpack sounds great, but you only get a handful of the classic sounds, and none of the newer ones.

    @Telefunky said:
    get any old iPad, put it on an ioDock, then add this app with all content and there's you're standalone mellotron for bargain B)
    The most remarkable fact is that the makers of the app actually record(ed) new tapes with authentic old gear.
    There's a soprano, a violin and the afforementioned Rudess soundset.
    The Chamberlain sounds are awesome, too.

    ps just checked the store: it's got all tapes available and future, great offer
    (the respective VST costs several hundred with exactly the same sounds)

    I've heard rumors - whispered through clenched teeth in back alleys after midnight - that there are international touring acts with recognizable names who basically grabbed an iPad just to use the M3000, saving money and 499 lbs. of fragile vintage gear to tote.

    To be fair, I can see Mellotron enthusiasts balking even at the sale price, although I would say it's totally worth it if the dev never touches it again. $41 US is a lot to plunk down for one app. I got mine gradually, back when you could buy the base app (nabbed on sale for $6.99 or something) and then purchase additional tape packs (which would periodically go on sale as well) over time. Added up, it came to about 80 bucks or so, but hurt much less when stretched over the course of a year.

    She's a beauty :sunglasses:

  • @Munibeast said:
    It's great but has bugs on the 12.9" and it seems the dev said somewhere that he won't be updating it anymore :disappointed:

    Unless you heard something additional, I believe what the dev said is that he won't be adding any more sound packs to the app.

  • @kgmessier said:

    @Munibeast said:
    It's great but has bugs on the 12.9" and it seems the dev said somewhere that he won't be updating it anymore :disappointed:

    Unless you heard something additional, I believe what the dev said is that he won't be adding any more sound packs to the app.

    I don't know, last time it had a sale at Xmas eve and I was happy to get it for €30. Then someone here said it wouldn't get any updates anymore. So hopefully that wasn't correct.

  • @Telefunky said:
    (the respective VST costs several hundred with exactly the same sounds)

    Is it confirmed that it uses the same source tapes as the G-Force M-tron? That would be a big plus in my book.

  • both refer to the same source (afaik there's only one at all) in their stores portfolio and both claim to model the original technology instead of plain sample playback.

  • Pulled the trigger and bought the Ultimate edition, the sounds are incredible, looking forward to use it :smile:

  • I have the free version and only played with it a bit. It sounds pretty damn nice, but it kinda feels a bit outdated. I didnt even know what a mellotron was before i googled it a few hours ago. I feel very tempted to buy this, but maybe when it gets an update. If it were AU, i would very likely get it asap

Sign In or Register to comment.