Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy app for iPhone

Every once in a while I open my iPhone 6s-version of the original Alchemy app to goof around with & I usually get a pop-up announcing that it may work slowly on my device; now the pop-up says it may not work with future iOS versions... should I just jettison the app & get back some space for something else?

Comments

• edited May 2017

@Brain said:
    Every once in a while I open my iPhone 6s-version of the original Alchemy app to goof around with & I usually get a pop-up announcing that it may work slowly on my device; now the pop-up says it may not work with future iOS versions... should I just jettison the app & get back some space for something else?

I'm keeping many of these and considering skipping the next iOS (11 is rumored to be the one that shuts out the 32bit apps)

I also have a iPad 1 from 2010 where many of these also live, but I can't get the Alchemy banks I bought to load on the old machine... they're all on my Air 2, but the iOS 6 iPad 1 can't deal with "restore purchases". So Air 2 may soon go all Airplane mode, all day. The phone (where I've also got the full set of Alchemy banks) can't be airplane mode but will likely never see iOS 11

Short answer, depends on where your joy resides. The list of 32bit apps includes many all time favorites of mine.

• I've never used the original Alchemy in any project so I'm not completely enamored to it,' and I'd hate to take up space with an app that's going to ultimately be obsolete when 32-bit goes bye-bye.

• @Brain said:
    I've never used the original Alchemy in any project so I'm not completely enamored to it,' and I'd hate to take up space with an app that's going to ultimately be obsolete when 32-bit goes bye-bye.

I get that.

• They've put Alchemy into GarageBand now but it's not the full version, just a "player" implementation. And GB takes up 1.4 gb because they don't let you strip out the Apple Loops -- you won't save much space if you want to keep using Alchemy. However, I prefer this approach because Logic Pro is my main laptop DAW. GB iOS is great for starting tracks and loading them into Logic Pro.

I decided to only use 64-bit apps from now on but I came to iOS pretty late (Android Nexus devices until iPhone 6/iOS 8) and never got attached to Alchemy iOS. It won't actually slow down your device.