Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus3 update

Um. Audiobus3 update.

Comments

• What I wrote in the official thread:

@OscarSouth said:
    Very cool, AUM's integration is significant. It's a big step! I'm personally still holding my breath for Audiobus Remote and iConnectivity compatibility, but nice to see progress slowly marching forward.

• @adfa said:
    Um. Audiobus3 update.

Yep. Sorry for taking so long.

• @Sebastian please can you make clear once and for all what "AB3 optimized" is supposed to imply? And does Synth Master Player live up to that?

• Excellent!

• Thanks for the update @Sebastian :)

• All my ab 2 presets disappeared in the first iteration of AB3. With this update can I reinstall them now?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Clear Session button = bought. Thank you so much for this feature!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Woo hoo, Clear Session!

No more mystery app hunting. B)

• edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Is Audio Interface Multi Output support possible yet ?

• @Wally said:
    Is Audio Interface Multi Output support possible yet ?

Not built in no.

• @Carnbot Thanks for ( disappointing ) info .

• @livemike said:
    All my ab 2 presets disappeared in the first iteration of AB3. With this update can I reinstall them now?

Did you update ab2 before you ran ab3 ? The latest version of ab2 makes the presents appear in ab3. After that you can delete ab2.

• @Wally said:
    @Carnbot Thanks for ( disappointing ) info .

Very disappointing indeed, especially for a flagship IOS mixer app.

• @supadom said:

@Wally said:
    @Carnbot Thanks for ( disappointing ) info .

Very disappointing indeed, especially for a flagship IOS mixer app.

My feeling is that this update is just a small step to facilitate the release of AUM's much more significant update (great to see devs working together so effectively as the progress between AB and AUM recently!).

I'm guessing that much more significant AB updates are not too far behind, in the grander scale of all things!

• I'm sure multi outs will appear, but I want stability first whilst there are solutions for that, so I guess a delay is inevitable. Mix buses, AU parameter control via midi, node bypassing are similarly wanted. But this update seems really good so far :)

• I love aums new midi transpose ability. Adding ab3 midi to it has made it so much more powerful now.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@livemike said:
    All my ab 2 presets disappeared in the first iteration of AB3. With this update can I reinstall them now?

Did you update ab2 before you ran ab3 ? The latest version of ab2 makes the presents appear in ab3. After that you can delete ab2.

Yep did that. I was in contact with AB Dev at the time and he said the disappearing presets would be addressed in a future update

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    @Sebastian please can you make clear once and for all what "AB3 optimized" is supposed to imply? And does Synth Master Player live up to that?

It just means it has the new Audiobus 3 SDK built in.

• edited May 2017

@Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    @Sebastian please can you make clear once and for all what "AB3 optimized" is supposed to imply? And does Synth Master Player live up to that?

So the ability to load in the background is not required? Wonder where I got that idea from.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I love aums new midi transpose ability. Adding ab3 midi to it has made it so much more powerful now.

How, exactly?

I'm not really interested in the under-the-hood specs. I just want to choose some apps and have them appear in Modstep, for instance. I just want it all to work without any hassle and preference-window searching.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I love aums new midi transpose ability. Adding ab3 midi to it has made it so much more powerful now.

How, exactly?

I'm not really interested in the under-the-hood specs. I just want to choose some apps and have them appear in Modstep, for instance. I just want it all to work without any hassle and preference-window searching.

sad to say i don't trust modstep to work that way at all. it will forever be just a midi sequencer and sometimes a multi out drum sampler. (its still a bit crashy when you have 6-7 samplers running). also. you cannot automate AUx parameters in modstep. specially on those added as effects. AUM lets you to midilearn everything. so still prefer hosting them in AUM.

• wimwim
    edited May 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

How, exactly?

sad to say i don't trust modstep to work that way at all. it will forever be just a midi sequencer and sometimes a multi out drum sampler. (its still a bit crashy when you have 6-7 samplers running). also. you cannot automate AUx parameters in modstep. specially on those added as effects. AUM lets you to midilearn everything. so still prefer hosting them in AUM.

^this. And no panning or routing.

Love ModStep as a midi sequencer though.

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

So the ability to load in the background is not required? Wonder where I got that idea from.

No, that is definitely part of it.

• @Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

@Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

No, that is definitely part of it.

So an app that does not load in the background is not AB3 optimized. Like SMP. Thats what i thought. But they claim to be, and it is also listed as optimized in your list:
    https://audiob.us/apps/search/Synthmaster
    So there seems to be an issue with credibility here. But never mind - just sayin.
    And congrats with the great update today. Looks very promising.

• @Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

It's sdk compatible to iOS 9.3? It will be necessary iOS 10 to implement full AB3 into the apps?

• edited May 2017

@Dubbylabby said:

@Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

It's sdk compatible to iOS 9.3? It will be necessary iOS 10 to implement full AB3 into the apps?

Well... I'm not part of the audiobus development team but... considering the app itself needs 10.2 then... the SDK would also need 10.2?

Or...How did you managed to run AB3 in iOS 9.3?

• edited May 2017

@Lacm1993 said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@Sebastian said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Well... I'm not part of the audiobus development team but... considering the app itself needs 10.2 then... the SDK would also need 10.2?

Or...How did you managed to run AB3 in iOS 9.3?

I ask myself the same since I don't get how it works...