Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Obsessing over KRFT

Comments

• edited June 2019

@klownshed said:
    KRFT is on sale at the moment. Do I need it? ;-)

If you are into NS2 then KRFT is a super nice compliment. The macro cc setup in NS2 fits it like a charm.

• This can be assigned to play different samples when you tap a shape, right?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    This can be assigned to play different samples when you tap a shape, right?

Just within KRFT? Yes.

• Here was a little proof of concept of KRFT-NS2

• One thing that always annoyed me with KRFT was the only way to back up custom setups was in their "cloud' based sharing thing so I just never did it.

• I still get amazed at what is possible with KRFT! I hope it makes a comeback.

• I remember always being tempted by KRFT
    but I guess I never really understood how I would use it :lol:

Tempted again now that it's on sale

• @senhorlampada said:
    I remember always being tempted by KRFT
    but I guess I never really understood how I would use it :lol:

Tempted again now that it's on sale

I feel the same way. I don’t think I’d ever use it even though it looks cool.

I almost clicked buy but think I will pass. I can see why some love it but just can’t work out what I’d do with it :-)

• Really loved this app
    Can do some great things
    Real shame they never continued the love
    It's old but still great, even just stand alone it's fun

• I would recommend it simply based on the 'it should be experienced' factor. Now that NS2 has opened its midi port such that I can send KRFT directly to it without midiflow I am waaay more tempted to get back into it. It really is a great tool for bringing together components and cutting down on screen diving. Had they updated it with sliders and an X/Y pad, mmmboy...

• Im still blown away how powerful the built in synth is.

• wimwim
    edited June 2019

I love KRFT. As long as it keeps working, I don’t care one bit if it’s not updated. I don’t know of any features it’s missing, so it’s “complete” not “abandoned” in my book.

I think it’s worth having even if only for the experience of opening your mind to new ways of doing things. You never can tell what inspiration that might bring.

(I do use it almost exclusively as a midi controller, not much with the internal sounds)

• @wim said:
    I love KRFT. As long as it keeps working, I don’t care one bit if it’s not updated. I don’t know of any features it’s missing, so it’s “complete” not “abandoned” in my book.

I think it’s worth having even if only for the experience of opening your mind to new ways of doing things. You never can tell what inspiration that might bring.

(I do use it almost exclusively as a midi controller, not much with the internal sounds)

If it's working, then ok...
    Because I recall them hyping so much stuff and feel like they abandoned it...
    Junglator, Noiz, etc.

• @senhorlampada said:

@wim said:

If it's working, then ok...
    Because I recall them hyping so much stuff and feel like they abandoned it...
    Junglator, Noiz, etc.

I would too if it wasn’t generating enough income to make the time worth it.

• Haven’t used it for ages, but had a lot of fun with it when it came out.

• @wim said:>

True true

So KRFT is still vouchable?
    Getting it then :wink:
    Midi Designer never hit base with me.
    Although I dig me TB Midi

• Wasn't there a kind of latency issue with recording keyboard parts? Or the quantize was really unforgiving or something?
    I do love KRFT, and I had several pieces that were really neat and evolved in strange ways.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wasn't there a kind of latency issue with recording keyboard parts? Or the quantize was really unforgiving or something?
    I do love KRFT, and I had several pieces that were really neat and evolved in strange ways.

That's kind of irresponsible, I realize. There WAS a latency issue, but it was solved. Right?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Wasn't there a kind of latency issue with recording keyboard parts? Or the quantize was really unforgiving or something?

No, you’re right. Quantize is implemented in an annoying way. Rather than sounding the notes as you play them and just quantizing the recorded notes, it quantizes the sounding of the notes as well. This is totally unworkable. But, I just turn off quantize, then do the cleanup in the pattern editor. This isn’t much more work than the cleanup I need to do in other sequencers when quantize is on.

• @senhorlampada said:

@wim said:>

True true

So KRFT is still vouchable?
    Getting it then :wink:
    Midi Designer never hit base with me.
    Although I dig me TB Midi

It’s really a lot different than MDP or TB Midi Stuff. Think of it as a bunch of piano roll and audio bits that you can trigger by touching shapes on the surface.

There are also controls for cc’s that can be manually manipulated and/or automated by LFO. So in that respect it has similarity to those two.

It’s really an amazing app.

• I agree with Wim bigtime! This app get you to be creative in ways you didn’t imagine. At first I couldn’t understand the midi out but once I got it going, I was triggering synth and drums in Cubasis in no time! Still saving for NS2 almost there though. <3

• It's a very fun app and very useable
    Nothing matches that, just having a custom control surface on your iPhone or iPad in mins.
    I also feel like it's complete, and deff worth the experience, is one of those things that makes iOS music making unique and different and not just a slab of hardware with all the normal expected everyday options

• The server still works and there are a lot of free user made templates to download!

• Decided to grab it while on sale based on all the recs, as if I needed another MIDI controller...

• Awesome, guys!
    I was thinking of it more like a midi controller. Seems more like a groovebox playground with tons of options.

:wink:

• @yowza said:
    One thing that always annoyed me with KRFT was the only way to back up custom setups was in their "cloud' based sharing thing so I just never did it.

Yeah, this is true. You can’t even share between devices without the cloud. And, I just found out, you can’t share setups that have audio files in them to the cloud, so you’re stuck.

Too bad about that last one, because it’s actually a really nice audio file looper.

• Perhaps the developer didn’t want anyone getting into the sharing purchased samples trouble inadvertently.

@wim said:

@yowza said:
    One thing that always annoyed me with KRFT was the only way to back up custom setups was in their "cloud' based sharing thing so I just never did it.

Yeah, this is true. You can’t even share between devices without the cloud. And, I just found out, you can’t share setups that have audio files in them to the cloud, so you’re stuck.

Too bad about that last one, because it’s actually a really nice audio file looper.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Perhaps the developer didn’t want anyone getting into the sharing purchased samples trouble inadvertently.

@wim said:

@yowza said:

Yes, I’m sure that’s it, but having to do the cloud thing in the first place is a major downside. Other than that, KRFT is the bomb.

• @wim said:

Yes, I’m sure that’s it, but having to do the cloud thing in the first place is a major downside. Other than that, KRFT is the bomb.

The cloud thing is somewhat my issue regarding online only multiplayer games. Whenever I have the time to get into it, the servers are gone or something :lol:

• Is the KRFT server down for good now? Is that the only way to get pre-made surfaces?