Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Obsessing over KRFT

Comments

• edited May 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Guys so far so awesome on this Midi out beta!

Question, would it be possible to say, in keyboard mode to long press on a key and have the ability to auto move that specific key anywhere on the scale? Reason is for programming drums. Say I'm controlling Beathawk or Drum Session as drum modules, but when I play the keyboard the drum instruments are all over the place. With this option for drums only it would be so awesome to make it so much easier to program a drum track via KRFT. Thanks for considering.

I posted that 'request' just yesterday on the StudioAmplify forum...

Weepy said, it will be added in the next version...

Edit.. or something like your request..

• @RajahP said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

Question, would it be possible to say, in keyboard mode to long press on a key and have the ability to auto move that specific key anywhere on the scale? Reason is for programming drums. Say I'm controlling Beathawk or Drum Session as drum modules, but when I play the keyboard the drum instruments are all over the place. With this option for drums only it would be so awesome to make it so much easier to program a drum track via KRFT. Thanks for considering.

I think MM4C is referring to something else, he emailed us about it already. We'll we have to look at It in version 1.6!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm completely and utterly blown away at the power we now have with KRFT sending midi to Beathawk and iSymphonic AU in separate channels different presets, mind blowing awesome!!!

• I'm still struggling with drums as always but Drum Session and Soft Drummer always pull me through. :)

Anyone tried the Beathawk drums with KRFT?

• Sounds awesome!! Thanks guys! The keyboard is so tight now compared to before! In this beta there's noticeable latency at all!

@Alex fox said:

@RajahP said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

I think MM4C is referring to something else, he emailed us about it already. We'll we have to look at It in version 1.6!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I'm still struggling with drums as always but Drum Session and Soft Drummer always pull me through. :)

Anyone tried the Beathawk drums with KRFT?

Yes, but I've had to route through AUM to get the midi to work right.

• Bought this app today.. I fell in love with it because of the edgy UI and cool graphics. I found out later how sophisticated it is. It's like launching Ableton Live midi/audio clips.. I'm really excited to try it out the next couple of days!

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Bought this app today.. I fell in love with it because of the edgy UI and cool graphics. I found out later how sophisticated it is. It's like launching Ableton Live midi/audio clips.. I'm really excited to try it out the next couple of days!

Hilarious! i just go back into today and was about to post on another thread about it.

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus

Hey, I checked out the cool video you made before I bought it! Great stuff :)

• edited July 2018

@SlowwFloww said:
    @AudioGus

Hey, I checked out the cool video you made before I bought it! Great stuff :)

Aww, thanks! KRFT has come a ways since then with audio loops and even Files support, (which I did not know until today). Curious if it still is being worked on much. The biggest area to me that could use some love would be FX... maybe AU Hosting? Hope it is still going.

• @AudioGus said:
    Curious if it still is being worked on much.

Unfortunately, no. It's done.

• My KRFT/Reslice/AUM tutorial could be of some interest for you :)

• edited July 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@AudioGus said:
    Curious if it still is being worked on much.

Unfortunately, no. It's done.

Ah that's too bad.. What's the difference between KRFT and their other app NOIZ? It looks the same...

These guys are geniuses.... I wonder what they are working on next.. well I don't care, I'll buy it for sure! :smile:

• edited July 2018

It's an incredibly impressive app once you dig into it. I think it's very stable and is pretty much bug-free. It's one of those apps where they intelligently added just about everything everyone here was demanding... then they raised the price a little for all their hard work and some users here acted like they'd cut their mother's throat.

I hope they revisit this one and keep the fire alive. It's a real gem that deserves to live.

• Hope it works on 12.

• THEY CUT THEIR MOTHER'S THROAT I TELL YOU!

• Truly one of the saddest iOS sagas... KRFT is/was truly ahead of its time.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    THEY CUT THEIR MOTHER'S THROAT I TELL YOU!

Po.

• I had a big old plan to wire this up to my laptop for the commute, then BM3 came out and things shifted.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Now that is freaking brilliant, @wim!

Really really wish we had the clap emoji. :clapdammit!:

Feel the same as Supadom though. Can see and appreciate all of the power but haven't bit yet because I have enough other puzzles to solve (many of the on iOS!).

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    THEY CUT THEIR MOTHER'S THROAT I TELL YOU!

Po.

Po please. Po @ poing our poet poer.

• WOW... there is a lot of awesome stuff here in KRFT now. The transforms are so good. This is awesome for sequencing Synthmaster One in BM3.

• @AudioGus said:
    WOW... there is a lot of awesome stuff here in KRFT now. The transforms are so good. This is awesome for sequencing Synthmaster One in BM3.

I sense a convergence...

• edited July 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    WOW... there is a lot of awesome stuff here in KRFT now. The transforms are so good. This is awesome for sequencing Synthmaster One in BM3.

I sense a convergence...

Modstep and the Tenori-On are interesting too running in tandem... it all... runs so well now on the new ipad. I think I could/should have skipped the first five years of iOS and just built up my bloody sample library. ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Truly one of the saddest iOS sagas... KRFT is/was truly ahead of its time.

Yes, and it is surprisingly easy to use. Like, about as easy to use as... ApeMatrix?

• edited June 2019

KRFT is on sale at the moment. Do I need it? ;-)

• edited June 2019

it's an awful lot of fun once you get past the initial time consuming faff of setting up your surface. that said, recalling spending days laboriously assigning samples on an old Akai2000 via a miniscule LCD window, its not really much to complain about :*