Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria old school mix down question(s)

Is there a way to directly record a "fingers on the buttons" mixdown of a project in Auria to whatever destination app? I like to throw a bunch of tracks together and compare different mixes before I get a final track. Seems like we should be able to record what we hear coming over the headphones onto a single Wav, or MP4, or whathaveyou. I'd rather not patch my old cassette recorder to the headphone jack. ?????? I also think it would be cool for Auria, Meteor, N-track (or whoever gets automation next) to automate volumes and pans by your movements on the mixing board instead of lines and dots on top of a wave file (no offense, Auria, I addicted to your automation as it is!) (I guess the second part is not really a question) :(

Comments

• Auria to Auria via Audiobus. @dwarman posted how to do this in the last couple of days.

• Or auria to audioshare or a mastering app or whatever.

You can record your fader/pan/blah movements as automation in Auria. Tap the little [W] (for Write automation) on a any track. Hit play and move stuff around. Turn [W] off if you don't want to have subsequent fader moves recorded. You can edit your automation recording via lines and dots or just rerecord over it. The [R] button toggles track automation Reading.

• I tried Auria into Audioshare and got nothing. Tried it into Auria thru the bus and also nothing. I'll have to dig up @dwarman's post to get the details right I guess. I'd rather put it into Audioshare. In Audioshare I bussed Auria into Audioshare and hit Record and started mixing. But nothing came up.

• edited September 2013

I'll detail how I do it in case it helps. Just realized the process is a little goofy.

Setup

AB->Input->Auria

AB->FX->Blank

AB->Output->Audioshare

Steps

1. After all the apps are loaded into audiobus (and made active) eject Auria from the input.
    2. Tap the + on the AB input slot and this time you should see a little right arrow next to Auria. Tap it.
    3. From that list, select "Master" all the way at the bottom. [*]
    4. Switch back to Auria
    5. In Auria, hit the record icon for Audioshare in the AB panel.
    6. Start playing back your song in Auria.
    7. When it's finished, hit the record icon for Audioshare in the AB panel to stop recording.
    8. Give it a sec to process.
    9. Hit play in the AB panel for Audioshare and you should hear your mix.

[*]Auria defaults to "Sub 1" when put in AB input.

• Now THAT my friends, is why I am constantly reading this forum!!! Thank you so much @syrupcore, you let me in on something I was too dumb to figure out on my own. Worked exactly as you described, and now I've got my IOS life back on track. You know all these apps would have been useless for people like me this past year if not for all the savvy-ness on display here on this forum on a daily basis. Thanks a bunch, now back to work!

• Glad it helped. Should have mentioned... Recording it back into Auria instead of Audioshare is basically the same process but you have to mute the armed track in Auria or you will likely be lost in a Thurston Moore feedback nightmare.

• Thanks for the advice, but I read it too late. Incinerated my headphones... lol

• Hope you recorded it for your next noise album.