Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magellan on sale for 2.99

Lowest I have seen it, guess I will finally pick it up

Comments

• Its a great synth and a real steal at that price, the randomize is worth the cost of admission for sure!

• Sadly i have done my monthly maxing out the credit card associated with my itunes accound :/

• iPhone version is 0.99.

I quite like playing with synths on my iPhone, reckon I'm going to grab it for that price.

• Love Magellan. One of my top 5 soft synths. The double sounds mode can produce some fabulous results.

• Highly rate it and it has a unique sound quality!

• A steal at full price ...

• A decent synth and as capable as the ridiculously priced £20 ones

Yonac are geniuses and I use the iphone version a lot

It is also an fx via IAA and AB

• @Love3quency said:
    A decent synth and as capable as the ridiculously priced £20 ones

Bonus!
    Is this so that you can use the effects section on another signal? Or does it have a different purpose?

• @ToMess said:
    Sadly i have done my monthly maxing out the credit card associated with my itunes accound :/

• @OscarSouth said:

@Love3quency said:

Bonus!
    Is this so that you can use the effects section on another signal? Or does it have a different purpose?

Yes it does indeed work in the fx slot of AB!

• edited May 2017

@Tritonman said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Love3quency said:

Bonus!

Yes it does indeed work in the fx slot of AB!

Thanks! Although I'm not 100% sure you read the text ;)

Unless you mean "Yes!" and the rest of the message is an affirmation of usability as AB FX

• Yes I did actually. I use it in the fx slot on occasion myself.

• Don't forget the arpegiator / sequencer / chords and the great built-in keyboard.
    Plus the dual synth engine, although I hope for an AU version

• Been playing with the iPhone version for an hour here, what an amazing synth!!!

• does any know if the iap are also on sale?

• Does not appear so, no

• Wish I had some audio samples of the jr.

• Bought!! This little beast is huge!!!!!
    Spawn feature is absolutely genius!
    .99 no brainer!

• Awesome synth at full price - great random feature and tons of presets. Their "Purple" organ patch is so close to the classic Jon Lord overdrive sound, but, then again, this IS the company that brought us Galileo :)

Utter madness at US $2.99. As I recall, the preset packs are robust and widen the playing field nicely - use the money you save to grab a few!

Shame I haven't recorded with this one ... yet :wink:

• Done. Thanks for the heads up!

• Lacks pitch envelope, I think, so no Go.

• @Franketti said:
    Lacks pitch envelope, I think, so no Go.

Are you for reals? It has more features than any other synth out there. The lack of a pitch envelope is probably due to it already being too awesome to start with. Any more awesome would perhaps render it ILLEGAL!!!

It has a master volume that goes up to ELEVEN, for heck's sake!!!!!

• Great synth at full price!
    In addition, i run the iphone version on my ipad as a sequencer. At .99, you should also.

• Magellan +1.

Also don't forget to check out the touchpad controller instead of using the traditional keyboard. Touchpad controller makes it very easy to play keys, chords and change octaves.

• The touchpad controller mode is fantastic. And you can have two of them at once, each set to a different scale if you want.

The nice thing about the standard keyboard though is that it does actual velocity detection that works pretty well somehow. Not sure if it's using the accelerometer or the size of the fingertip contact but it works better than BS-16i's velocity detection (not as good as GarageBand's).

The main thing missing, as already mentioned, is an extra ADSR that can be assigned to whatever. Besides that it's ridiculously feature rich.

• It's easy to get all hyperbolic with some of these apps but on the whole they are THAT cool. Yonac's apps certainly are. This synth for that price is too good to pass up.

• Anyone quickly tell me the difference the difference between 'Spawn' and 'Spawn Rand'?

• I don't know but with Spawn I've created at least 20 presets I like in my lunch hour! :o

• Surprised I haven't seen a ton of apps nipping the magellan octave split on keyboard. Such a good time.

Some mini tutorials from a high school in Massachusetts
    http://www.wahconahmusictech.com/magellan.html

They also teach audiobus! :) http://www.wahconahmusictech.com/audiobus.html