Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 looking good

Comments

• Looking sweet...

• looking major

• Looks like a game of Othello against my wife.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Looks like a game of Othello against my wife.

“For she had eyes and chose me.”

• “For daws to peck at: I am not what I am."

• "Meat Baker 3"

• These photos and infos are really teasing me, I am getting more and more excited... But I really hope the release won't be as disappointing as the last Gadget update.

• Guys, consider MPC & Maschine (desktop versions), combined and ported to iOS. That's how I feel about it.> @huphtur said:

Looks like Ableton Push 2 in this pic :D

• @alecsbuga said:
    Guys, consider MPC & Maschine (desktop versions), combined and ported to iOS. That's how I feel about it.> @huphtur said:

Looks like Ableton Push 2 in this pic :D

I'm hoping it's better than maschine software. I had it years ago and loved the workflow but moved on to Ableton. If Bm3 is similar but with touch then in all in.

Does BM3 have a step sequencer too? If so, I might have a heart attack. :)

• @Noirflux said:

Don't get a heart attack...
    ...there's a grid-editor for all the pads and for each pad a 'piano-roll/grid' mode is lurking behind one tap...

• @Samu said:

@Noirflux said:

...there's a grid-editor for all the pads and for each pad a 'piano-roll/grid' mode is lurking behind one tap...

What do you mean for each pad? I only see the pattern piano roll.

• OH. got it. tap the keys and you see the notes for each pad.

• @Samu said:

@Noirflux said:

Picture? ( if permitted )

• Any Ableton users on the beta able to make any positive workflow comparisons? :)

• @alecsbuga said:
    OH. got it. tap the keys and you see the notes for each pad.

Hehe, if you use the 'keys' mode while playing the pads the piano-roll is automatically in keys mode for the selected pad when you go there ;)

• @Korakios said:

No 'green light' for those yet as it's still being 'polished'...
    There's about 60 people on the beta so in due time things will start to 'leak' :)

• @Samu said:

@Noirflux said:

I can't breathe! lol

It's getting harder to make music on IOS when I know an awesome workflow is so close to release!!

With all of these features, the app is stable? This is my biggest area of concern. I guess they've had years to iron our the bugs and kinks.

• @Samu said:

@Korakios said:

No 'green light' for those yet as it's still being 'polished'...
    There's about 60 people on the beta so in due time things will start to 'leak' :)

I hope it 'leaks' on the appstore soon. Hints of Au automation surprises... mmmmmhhhmmm....

• Wait!!!! Piano roll/grid per pad is one of the last thing i wanted to hear. Holly shit!!!

• @5pinlink said:
    Im deffinitely interested in the arranging in this too, while i think the iPad is amazing for creating content and triggering it via Launchpad and such, the sequencers have all been very second rate compared to what i use on the desktop.

How the hell the clip triggering apps have gotten away with not having linear arrangement recorder/sequencer/editors on IOS apps is beyond me at this point.

This is exactly how I feel. Amazing tools for creation and playing around or live recording, nothing for complex and precise arrangements without massive frustration. If BM3 pulls that off, I will sing its praises from the highest mountaintops. :wink:

• @Carnbot said:
    Any Ableton users on the beta able to make any positive workflow comparisons? :)

Let's say you can replicate the Push 2 workflow (at least I can replicate mine):

• Load a sample (one sample with all drum hits) - i like to keep things tidy
    • chop it to pads (non destructively).
    • make a beat with it.
    • load another sample... let's say a one chord funky guitar loop. match it to the grid, and turn on time stretch.
    • now you can play the loop chromatically and transpose realtime.
    • load another bass note for instance. play that chromatically on the pads / keys (with scales & chords).
    • you now have something to jam your guitar over :P (don't forget to sample that also).

I will start filming a tutorial with my workflow and try to capture all the nice features in BM3 and release it when BM3 will be live. It's going to be THE go to app for music in iOS.

Also... I just sent a 270MB zip with a Maschine Expansion via AirDrop (INSTANTLY) and BM3 unpacked it into an Imported folder. That was awesome and fast. It works vice versa. Sending your exported songs to your Mac.

• @alecsbuga said:

My personal favourite is 'legato playing' a stretched sample (transpose on the fly without messing up the speed) or assigning a step-modulator to tune and 're-pitch' the sound over time while retaining speed in a more controlled manner (64 steps = 4 bars at 16th note resolution with speed set to 1/16). Totally crazy but hey it works! :D

• @Samu said:

@alecsbuga said:

My personal favourite is 'legato playing' a stretched sample (transpose on the fly without messing up the speed) or assigning a step-modulator to tune and 're-pitch' the sound over time while retaining speed in a more controlled manner (64 steps = 4 bars at 16th note resolution with speed set to 1/16). Totally crazy but hey it works! :D

This is what I'm waiting for!

• @Samu said:

@alecsbuga said:

Stop teasing and stick it in already! >:) :D

• After i had a look at all the available screenshots and with the coming AUv3 and whatever.....i really think i have to get an iPad Pro soon as another workstation.
    I still miss a lot but the future looks bright so far on the iOS music production front ;)
    This and NanoStudio 2 could be a perfect mobile and very powerful workstation.
    Time to start a new Galaxyexplorer project.
    Maybe i have to trade in some plug-ins for my new iOS set-up soon :#

• @Cib said:
    After i had a look at all the available screenshots and with the coming AUv3 and whatever.....i really think i have to get an iPad Pro soon as another workstation.
    I still miss a lot but the future looks bright so far on the iOS music production front ;)

I already know BM3 is for me. I just want to put a ring on it and have babies lol

• @Cib said:
    After i had a look at all the available screenshots and with the coming AUv3 and whatever.....i really think i have to get an iPad Pro soon as another workstation.

I was considering the Pro 9.7 but after playing around with one for a bit I just went with the new 2017 iPad. At 2/3 the price it is a damn good deal and I really don't see much difference in the screens. That being said if the extra coin is not an issue, or if you need the 256gig or 12 inch screen, of course go for the Pro.

• @Samu said:

@alecsbuga said:

Yeah, that's what I meant with the guitar loop. Just like in Ableton's demo videos.

• edited May 2017

@AudioGus said:

@Cib said:

I was considering the Pro 9.7 but after playing around with one for a bit I just went with the new 2017 iPad. At 2/3 the price it is a damn good deal and I really don't see much difference in the screens. That being said if the extra coin is not an issue, or if you need the 256gig or 12 inch screen, of course go for the Pro.

Since i´m used to larger productions and big layers with tons of FX and like to do crazy sound design i would def. want the best available cpu and RAM for a new iOS device. So only the 12.9" seems to have 4GB RAM (and USB 3.0 too i think while the small one has 2.0).
    Of course i would wait now for the next one....hopefully in a few weeks and my biggest wish would be 3D touch since i think if iPad get that we will see more interesting MPE style apps like Animoog, Model 15 and especially i want something like Seaboard 5D with full editing (so something like the Roli Equator synth).
    So i even could ditch my Seaboard Rise 25 maybe :)

• i just give up.. when it comes it comes.not looking at these threads anymore