Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 looking good

Comments

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@hansjbs said:
    For some reason even without trying it i can tell it's great

If it is half as good as BM2, it will already be one of the best music app on iOS...

BM2 was not a good workflow to me for beatmaking which is why i gravitated towards impc Pro. Now with all the short comings of impc pro and what i'm reading and seeing so far, im ready for a change and hoping for the best.

• @hansjbs said:

@Noirflux said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'm interested to see how the workflow compares to the other DAWs. Particularly in arranging as I think this is a weak area on iOS, so to see it has scene selection etc looks appealing. Wish there was lite version to test it out first....

Yesssssssss! I think creating on the iPad is amazing. I always end up with work I would never get done with any other method however, arranging is such a drag!! This could solve my problems. I've never wanted to get rid of my money so bad before!

Same here. Ever since i added the ipad to my arsenal time on my other setup has been reduced drastically. I'm hoping mpc live changes that since its portable.

I'm still holding off on that purchases until I see this. I'm bad for having a bunch of gear.I managed to have jsut my ipad and Ableton live. I would love to keep a iPad only set up. Less to think about :)

• edited May 2017

@ElGregoLoco said:

@hansjbs said:

If it is half as good as BM2, it will already be one of the best music app on iOS...

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but it half as good as BM2, I will be using it half as much of never.

• edited May 2017

Please. Will it have live sampling and looping capability? Can I trigger sampling and also recording into pattern punchin/out with a MIDI foot pedal? I just need something to catch sounds coming from my modular and fire them back over pads, possibly recording looping them into fresh patterns. Needs to be near hands free operation (except for the pad triggering), maybe auto record on level and auto select next sample pad for recording would work? Also please erase recording per pad or globally in pattern while holding some key. (I think MPC can, Modstep can't do it!) Switch active track up/down.

The touchscreen is overrated imo if you're improvising live and have other equipment (guitar..) going. .You need dedicated physical controllers for this. There seems to be not a single sampling app where you can just record some stuff in sequence to different pads/keys without deep screen searching. Please.

• For most of us who deleted/gave up using BM2 because of the flow (or lack thereof) spending money on or being blown away by BM3 will not be about widgets or esoteric capabilities but about the ease of writing, creating and arranging.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    For most of us who deleted/gave up using BM2 because of the flow (or lack thereof) spending money on or being blown away by BM3 will not be about widgets or esoteric capabilities but about the ease of writing, creating and arranging.

SING IT.

(This is the truth for all developers. I just want a decent black wool sweater. I don't want a contrast color at the collar. I don't want a fucking zipper on it. I don't want a logo sewn on the hem. I want a decent sweater. That's it.)

• @Noirflux said:

@hansjbs said:

@Noirflux said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'm interested to see how the workflow compares to the other DAWs. Particularly in arranging as I think this is a weak area on iOS, so to see it has scene selection etc looks appealing. Wish there was lite version to test it out first....

Yesssssssss! I think creating on the iPad is amazing. I always end up with work I would never get done with any other method however, arranging is such a drag!! This could solve my problems. I've never wanted to get rid of my money so bad before!

Same here. Ever since i added the ipad to my arsenal time on my other setup has been reduced drastically. I'm hoping mpc live changes that since its portable.

I'm still holding off on that purchases until I see this. I'm bad for having a bunch of gear.I managed to have jsut my ipad and Ableton live. I would love to keep a iPad only set up. Less to think about :)

I recently started selling som gear on ebay cuz i had a bunch of gear also.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    For most of us who deleted/gave up using BM2 because of the flow (or lack thereof) spending money on or being blown away by BM3 will not be about widgets or esoteric capabilities but about the ease of writing, creating and arranging.

Exactly!!!

• edited May 2017

@hansjbs said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@hansjbs said:

BM2 was not a good workflow to me for beatmaking which is why i gravitated towards impc Pro. Now with all the short comings of impc pro and what i'm reading and seeing so far, im ready for a change and hoping for the best.

I won't even discuss with someone thinking that iMPC Pro could be better than BM2... Just kidding... Not completely in facts... Lol lol lol

edit : I agree that BM2 workflow was not intuitive... But I still prefer a complicated workflow than a limited, buggy and unstable app...

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@hansjbs said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@hansjbs said:

I won't even discuss with someone thinking that iMPC Pro could be better than BM2... Just kidding... Not completely in facts... Lol lol lol

edit : I agree that BM2 workflow was not intuitive... But I still prefer a complicated workflow than a limited, buggy and unstable app...

Lol. The ease of chopping samples, the timeline, per sequence bpm, mixer with regular length faders, song mode was enough of a reason for me. The workflow is there, the problems are with the many bugs/crashes, export capabilities and the fact that if i have an ios instruments open the same time as impc(background) and try to play that instrument ro get ideas goimg with a midi controller i somewhow affect impc's weird midi settings for play, 16 level ect. That shit gets on my nerves.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hey everyone!

The iPhone version will come after the iPad version is released. The UI being pretty modular it should take too long, part of it is already designed. Dev updates will be shared along with some screenshots as we work on it :-)

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Will it be a universal app? Meaning, can I drag out the iPad 3 and buy it the day it's released and have it for iPhone when the universal update is released?

• BM2 question: anyone has a template for recording midi input from another app like say KRFT into separate midi tracks in BM2?
    I do this in Cubasis on iPad but can't get it going on iPhone.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    BM2 question: anyone has a template for recording midi input from another app like say KRFT into separate midi tracks in BM2?

You can't select different midi input per track. Workaround:
    Enable all the midi inputs you want in the general midi settings
    Make sure the apps you want to record are on different midi channel .
    Add instruments (tracks) and choose the appropriate midi channel per track.

Hope it helps :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

This is my concern with every app. I don't really care if I can correct dc offset or time stretch samples to 1000%. I just want a smoother workflow for writing and arranging a piece of music.

• edited May 2017

@hansjbs said:

@Noirflux said:

@Carnbot said:

if this is as good as it looks I'll be able to leave the novation circuit, mpc , push 2, and maschine at home, there's nothing like an iPad when you're on the go!

• does it have ableton live export like gadget?

• @kobamoto said:

@Dham said:

@kobamoto said:

well that same iPad cannot do what the new mpc live or the new elektron digitakt can do either.... so either they were easily faked out or he was showing them some prototype apps that are not available yet. but yessss, I loves me some iPad and it will make a phenomenal companion for the digitakt and the mpc live, and ableton.

Are you saying that an Ipad cannot do ANY of what the MPC Live can do? Or are there a few specific features that the MPC Live has or is promised to have that are currently not available on the Ipad?

nope, you know me better than that dham... I meant the direct comparison doesn't make sense. That's why we don't have these discussions about maschine or other brands, it's just a brand thing. It's personal for some, but it's not personal for me.

Gotcha:) Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't care what brand name is on the device/software if it does the job well I will buy it and use it. I have sometimes been falsely accused of being an Apple 'fanboy', lol. I use what works best for me. Integrating all the tools into a cohesive workflow is the challenge. I think BM3 will help out a lot with that:)

• Beatmaker (1) was one of my first music app purchases. Shortly after buying it, it was dropped and a separate new version released.

Not a great introduction, but I did give it a go - just couldn't get into the workflow.

Unlikely I'll get this version, the UI looks nice though.

• BM2 is not so bad , it's just like a classic hardware sampler with many features on different menu locations . Never had problem with workflow , only with missing features .
    ( used to have an MPC 500 = deep menu diving )

• @Korakios said:
    BM2 is not so bad , it's just like a classic hardware sampler with many features on different menu locations . Never had problem with workflow , only with missing features .
    ( used to have an MPC 500 = deep menu diving )

BM1 was revolutionary. It was one of the first music apps. I ever purchased. I ran it on an Ipod Touch (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beatmaker/id285512415?mt=8). Well worth the $5 I paid. BM2 took it to a whole new level. I also have used the MPC 500. After using it , doing the menu diving and a whole lot of squinting, I couldn't wait to get back to BM2, Lol.

I was more than eager to purchase the upgrade from BM1 and will have no qualms with paying for BM3. In comparison to what I paid to update other products (e.g. Komplete 8 to Komplete 10) the BM3 update will be quite a bargain, lots more bang for the buck.

• I hope Henny does a review of it, I love this guys videos...

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=henny the bizness

• Thanks going to try that. I just couldn't figure out how to enable a midi track without having to load an instrument. Even loading an empty instrument would not let the midi come through until i loaded an instrument.

@Korakios said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    BM2 question: anyone has a template for recording midi input from another app like say KRFT into separate midi tracks in BM2?

You can't select different midi input per track. Workaround:
    Enable all the midi inputs you want in the general midi settings
    Make sure the apps you want to record are on different midi channel .
    Add instruments (tracks) and choose the appropriate midi channel per track.

Hope it helps :)

• Created 8 midi channel Song template, here's a pic, hopefully this works.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Created 8 midi channel Song template, here's a pic, hopefully this works.

Wow, reinstalled BM2 and I did not know it's power..

• @kobamoto Thanks for sharing that video. I need to look him up. Seems we reside in the same area.

• You can use BM2 also as multitrack audio recorder, put in the same Audiobus input slot multiple apps and BM2 in the output slot . That way audio tracks are automatically created inside BM2 ;)

• Midi recorded just fine! Just that the very first track on the screen shot is not actually track 1. The channel 2 is midi track 1, when I enabled that one to record, midi came in just fine from KRFT via AB3 and Midiflow adapter.

• @gmslayton said:
    @kobamoto Thanks for sharing that video. I need to look him up. Seems we reside in the same area.

:) he's a good dude, responsive on Facebook too