Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 looking good

Comments

• @Shazamm said:

@Noirflux said:
    I have to see what this app looks like before I considering get MPC live. I feel like it will do exactly what I need...I just need some intimate alone time with it lol.

Went to a friends studio in LA and he had the mpc live. He was showing it off to all his producer buddies. They all were like wow thats cool. I pulled out my iPad pro and showed them I had over 70 synthesizers 4 DAWS with Audio units and they lost the fu!@ing minds lol. Needless to say he kicked me out lol . JK but he was salty he paid all that money and I blew him out of the water with my music and gear.

Go back when BM3 is released and show it to them. That will really make them lose their minds:)

• I call bluff, unless it was the first time all those studio friends ever saw an iPad in their life I doubt it went down like that, that would be like going to a studio full of ableton live users and pulling out an iPad with 70 synthesizers, and 4 daws on it and expecting them to lose their minds when not one of those 70 synthesizers or 4 daws can do what ableton live can do.... what part of making sense is that?....
    well that same iPad cannot do what the new mpc live or the new elektron digitakt can do either.... so either they were easily faked out or he was showing them some prototype apps that are not available yet. but yessss, I loves me some iPad and it will make a phenomenal companion for the digitakt and the mpc live, and ableton.

• @Tarekith said:
    What's the status of the iPhone version, will it be available at launch or will that come later? Heard some conflicting things about this online, so I was hoping you could clarify.

I'd like to know this as well, as I plan on dedicating an entire phone to this app if all goes well

• edited May 2017

@kobamoto said:
    I call bluff, unless it was the first time all those studio friends ever saw an iPad in their life I doubt it went down like that, that would be like going to a studio full of ableton live users and pulling out an iPad with 70 synthesizers, and 4 daws on it and expecting them to lose their minds when not one of those 70 synthesizers or 4 daws can do what ableton live can do.... what part of making sense is that?....
    well that same iPad cannot do what the new mpc live or the new elektron digitakt can do either.... so either they were easily faked out or he was showing them some prototype apps that are not available yet. but yessss, I loves me some iPad and it will make a phenomenal companion for the digitakt and the mpc live, and ableton.

I only miss (a bit since it's a pita) the ableton warping and that's due I don't want to invest in auria pro (too much money for a desktop workflow on touchscreen, sorry guys not my cup of tea)... but for the rest I can do more than years ago on my desktop mac.

Easily, fastest and funniest so it depends on the user's needs. ;)

• yeah but we're not talking about your use or what you're willing to go through.... entirely different situation as we've already discussed. lets stay on track.

at any rate bm3 is about to drop, it's almost time to celebrate and I hope this will encourage the Samplr update to drop a little faster, not to mention a major Patterning update.... if those 3 dropped this year it would sum up 2017 pretty good

• @kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:
    What's the status of the iPhone version, will it be available at launch or will that come later? Heard some conflicting things about this online, so I was hoping you could clarify.

I'd like to know this as well, as I plan on dedicating an entire phone to this app if all goes well

Several times on the AB forum Intua has made it clear iPhone version will be developed after release of iPad version. I think any other statements have come from hype (not trying to deny the hype, let's just not misplace it)

• Oh and the the screenshots are looking fantastic. Sign me up for the insta-buy list.

• @Hmtx said:

@kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

Several times on the AB forum Intua has made it clear iPhone version will be developed after release of iPad version. I think any other statements have come from hype (not trying to deny the hype, let's just not misplace it)

I think T and I were after just that kind of clarification, it's understandable in all of the excitement to get a little dizzy but thanks for pointing that out.

• @kobamoto said:

Are you saying that an Ipad cannot do ANY of what the MPC Live can do? Or are there a few specific features that the MPC Live has or is promised to have that are currently not available on the Ipad?

• @mathieugarcia, what is the minimum device-OS for BM3?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@kobamoto said:
    I call bluff, unless it was the first time all those studio friends ever saw an iPad in their life I doubt it went down like that, that would be like going to a studio full of ableton live users and pulling out an iPad with 70 synthesizers, and 4 daws on it and expecting them to lose their minds when not one of those 70 synthesizers or 4 daws can do what ableton live can do.... what part of making sense is that?....

I only miss (a bit since it's a pita) the ableton warping and that's due I don't want to invest in auria pro (too much money for a desktop workflow on touchscreen, sorry guys not my cup of tea)... but for the rest I can do more than years ago on my desktop mac.

Easily, fastest and funniest so it depends on the user's needs. ;)

A quick wit is important ;)

• @Keebo said:
    @mathieugarcia, what is the minimum device-OS for BM3?

I remember a post here I think from @mathieugarcia saying that the same requirements for BM2 applied for 3. With the caveat that you might not get too many tracks going with fx and automation on an iPad 3 or 4. I could be dreaming that though - but I have a hazy memory of something to that effect

• @kobamoto said:

@Hmtx said:

@kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

I think T and I were after just that kind of clarification, it's understandable in all of the excitement to get a little dizzy but thanks for pointing that out.

There were a few mentions on other places online where I had seen supposed beta testers saying it was coming for iPhone sooner now, that's the only reason I wanted a clarification.

• edited May 2017

@kobamoto
    I was pointing the fact that iPad could substitute a desktop and mpc for some users meanwhile mpc can't substitute iPad or desktop for ALL users.
    The same way it goes in oppossite :wink:

• @Tarekith said:
    There were a few mentions on other places online where I had seen supposed beta testers saying it was coming for iPhone sooner now, that's the only reason I wanted a clarification.

That would be great! I had not seen that, hopefully the Intua guys will clarify.

• edited May 2017

@Dham said:

@kobamoto said:

Are you saying that an Ipad cannot do ANY of what the MPC Live can do? Or are there a few specific features that the MPC Live has or is promised to have that are currently not available on the Ipad?

nope, you know me better than that dham... I meant the direct comparison doesn't make sense. That's why we don't have these discussions about maschine or other brands, it's just a brand thing. It's personal for some, but it's not personal for me.

• so do we know yet what the price for bm3 is going to be yet?

• @Dham said:

@Shazamm said:

@Noirflux said:
    I have to see what this app looks like before I considering get MPC live. I feel like it will do exactly what I need...I just need some intimate alone time with it lol.

Went to a friends studio in LA and he had the mpc live. He was showing it off to all his producer buddies. They all were like wow thats cool. I pulled out my iPad pro and showed them I had over 70 synthesizers 4 DAWS with Audio units and they lost the fu!@ing minds lol. Needless to say he kicked me out lol . JK but he was salty he paid all that money and I blew him out of the water with my music and gear.

Go back when BM3 is released and show it to them. That will really make them lose their minds:)

I had BM3

• edited May 2017

@kobamoto said:

You have tunnel vision lol I dont need to prove shit to you. But I blew him away with the stuff I made as well it wasnt just my ipad pro hater. Its all about knowing your equipment. I dont care what you have I can do it better with what I have.

• do you know what the price is going to be?

• @Shazamm said:

I had BM3

Whooo, that's 'envy' personified... BM3 is going to turn some heads, that's for sure :)

• @Samu said:

@Shazamm said:

I had BM3

Whooo, that's 'envy' personified... BM3 is going to turn some heads, that's for sure :)

did you make sure we get everything we've been lobbying for two years in it?

• Hey everyone!

The iPhone version will come after the iPad version is released. The UI being pretty modular it should take too long, part of it is already designed. Dev updates will be shared along with some screenshots as we work on it :-)

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @kobamoto said:

did you make sure we get everything we've been lobbying for two years in it?

I've forwarded just about everything that has been discussed here. Some might be postponed for a later update so more of you can finally get your fingers on it when it finally arrives!

There is already an insane amount of features to dig into and if I've understood the situation based on Agile and all we'll most likely see quite frequent updates and new features dropping in on a semi-regular basis.

When you finally get your hands on it don't be afraid to report issues and additional feature-requests back to the developers. Try to be as specific as possible and the chances are higher that you'll get what you ask for ;)

I sense that @mathieugarcia will be more than happy you answer you questions & requests.

I do understand that the wait and teasing is driving people nuts and I'm sorry for that, but it will be worth the way!
    /Samuel

• ++ sounds good, I know you started with a long list ;) so the fact that you stayed with it has got me impatient as ever lol

• For some reason even without trying it i can tell it's great

• I'm interested to see how the workflow compares to the other DAWs. Particularly in arranging as I think this is a weak area on iOS, so to see it has scene selection etc looks appealing. Wish there was lite version to test it out first....

• @hansjbs said:
    For some reason even without trying it i can tell it's great

If it is half as good as BM2, it will already be one of the best music app on iOS...

• @Carnbot said:
    I'm interested to see how the workflow compares to the other DAWs. Particularly in arranging as I think this is a weak area on iOS, so to see it has scene selection etc looks appealing. Wish there was lite version to test it out first....

Yesssssssss! I think creating on the iPad is amazing. I always end up with work I would never get done with any other method however, arranging is such a drag!! This could solve my problems. I've never wanted to get rid of my money so bad before!

• @Noirflux said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'm interested to see how the workflow compares to the other DAWs. Particularly in arranging as I think this is a weak area on iOS, so to see it has scene selection etc looks appealing. Wish there was lite version to test it out first....

Yesssssssss! I think creating on the iPad is amazing. I always end up with work I would never get done with any other method however, arranging is such a drag!! This could solve my problems. I've never wanted to get rid of my money so bad before!

Same here. Ever since i added the ipad to my arsenal time on my other setup has been reduced drastically. I'm hoping mpc live changes that since its portable.