Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 looking good

Comments

• @mireko_2 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@mireko_2 said:

@hexagonsun83 said:
    Dayumn that app looks good. Like a gamechanger good. Like, "i wanna build a setup around this" good! I guess i am uninstalling Gadget to free up space....

I'm uninstalling a whole bunch of apps when this drops

I admire your confidence and hope it proves justified... :)

I spent a lot of time with bm2 and it was so close to getting it so right, so I have a lot of confidence these guys have nailed it this time. They know how to make a great DAW. Plus I will have a digitakt controlling it mhaaahaha, elektron just confirmed p-locks for midi so hyped to control this app from the digitakts 8 midi channels. As long as I can timestretch keygroups and chopped samples I will be super happy (for some reason Akai left this feature out of the Mpc standalones)

That sounds interesting, how are you going to connect the Digitakt and the iPad? Over CoreAudio USB via the Overbridge Premium Feature?

• Looks really nice... I really can't wait anymore now.
    It's even getting hard to make music these days as I now partly know how easier it will be to make music with BM3 given my workflow and the kind of music I make...
    Please, make a release soon, and with a good offer for early birds... Lol

• edited May 2017

@vpich said:
    so this is modstep meets aum? modstep meets cubasis? have overlooked it even despite the hype (and @Samu 's little teases) since i am very happy with auria for mixing and gadget plus aum for performance. what are some of the key game changing aspects?

I could be way off, so forgive my ignorance. I'm not sure how the audio sampling has improved, but I heard it did. However, if nothing else, the biggest game changer is "it will run on the iPhone"! Repeat that...

"IT...WILL...RUN...ON MY IPHONE!!!"

The sampler and true sidechain compression alone are enough to warrant purchasing it. :smiley:

• @vpich said:
    so this is modstep meets aum? modstep meets cubasis? have overlooked it even despite the hype (and @Samu 's little teases) since i am very happy with auria for mixing and gadget plus aum for performance. what are some of the key game changing aspects?

I have been wondering this too.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@vpich said:

I could be way off, so forgive my ignorance. I'm not sure how the audio sampling has improved, but I heard it did. However, if nothing else, the biggest game changer is "it will run on the iPhone"! Repeat that...

"IT...WILL...RUN...ON MY IPHONE!!!"

The sampler and true sidechain compression alone are enough to warrant purchasing it. :smiley:

++

• Well. Running on the phone is indeed great.

• I want to see the sequencer !!

• @Nicebutfun said:
    I want to see the sequencer !!

++

• @brice said:
    That's a handsome UI. And the amount of sends there is....very desirable.

Someone catch me up to speed, though. I missed the BM2 bus, and only know of this app from the many posts and threads hinting at its impending arrival. I can't say I've seen another app discussed around here that's carried so much esteem and anticipation. Maybe Gadget (?) but this BM3 seems almost mythical....? Perhaps that's partly / mostly to do with the fact we can't have it yet? Maybe? But it's clearly a respected app to many people. So, can someone help me understand its DNA a bit more....from a production / user standpoint? It's pretty obvious from the screenshots above as to what all it will do; and clearly a lot. But what is it that elevates it? The execution, ease of use, sound, __________? I'm genuinely anticipating its release now, yet I'm not entirely sure why!

Well i have the beta and it certainly stands up to its hype imo. I dont have bm2 either and didnt look too much into it, i would describe bm3 having its core on mpc style pad controller, but taking it further(can load AUs and other instruments and fxs on each pad, really in depth sampler, modulation etc), so each pad can either be an instrument, longer sample, single hit sample or other sound. You can also put the pads to 16 pad and 64pad modes, and you can make the pads as notes also.
    But then you also have a mixer section and a daw like timeline, where you can also record regular audio tracks to without having to use the sampler and put the audio to a pad.
    There are also huge modulation options and the audio editor(for audio tracks) seems pretty nice as well.

I really like this sort of workflow since you basically have an mpc on steroids and a daw put together. Mpc live and mpc x seems to have similar approach to this thing in general, but im not going to compare them more than that.

• @Samu said:

@hansjbs said:

@brambos said:
    GUI looks and feels amazing when using it. Everything feels smooth and polished, definitely setting a new benchmark (also in terms of features:complexity ratio).

So I'm guessing you're beta testing with your AU apps. Can you say the type of export is included? I need to drop iMPC Pro cuz @Retronyms drop the ball. I e-mailed them about adding per track export and they ignored my email.

Every single pad/bank/track can be exported as an individual files if needed...

That's crazy cool.

• @ToMess said:

@brice said:

Someone catch me up to speed, though. I missed the BM2 bus, and only know of this app from the many posts and threads hinting at its impending arrival. I can't say I've seen another app discussed around here that's carried so much esteem and anticipation. Maybe Gadget (?) but this BM3 seems almost mythical....? Perhaps that's partly / mostly to do with the fact we can't have it yet? Maybe? But it's clearly a respected app to many people. So, can someone help me understand its DNA a bit more....from a production / user standpoint? It's pretty obvious from the screenshots above as to what all it will do; and clearly a lot. But what is it that elevates it? The execution, ease of use, sound, __________? I'm genuinely anticipating its release now, yet I'm not entirely sure why!

Well i have the beta and it certainly stands up to its hype imo. I dont have bm2 either and didnt look too much into it, i would describe bm3 having its core on mpc style pad controller, but taking it further(can load AUs and other instruments and fxs on each pad, really in depth sampler, modulation etc), so each pad can either be an instrument, longer sample, single hit sample or other sound. You can also put the pads to 16 pad and 64pad modes, and you can make the pads as notes also.
    But then you also have a mixer section and a daw like timeline, where you can also record regular audio tracks to without having to use the sampler and put the audio to a pad.
    There are also huge modulation options and the audio editor(for audio tracks) seems pretty nice as well.

I really like this sort of workflow since you basically have an mpc on steroids and a daw put together. Mpc live and mpc x seems to have similar approach to this thing in general, but im not going to compare them more than that.

Automating AUs?

• @ToMess said:

Yeah, I've always thought of Beatmaker2 as a DAW based on an MPC workflow.

• I have to see what this app looks like before I considering get MPC live. I feel like it will do exactly what I need...I just need some intimate alone time with it lol.

• @Noirflux said:
    I have to see what this app looks like before I considering get MPC live. I feel like it will do exactly what I need...I just need some intimate alone time with it lol.

this is my thinking as well, if the mpc feels more like a daw than a beatmachine then I won't hesitate to return it, I kind of feel the same way about BM3... that's why BM2 never moved me, but it looks like they've made progress in this area in BM3 the question is how much. I wish they would drop some videos already !!

• @kobamoto said:

@Noirflux said:
    I have to see what this app looks like before I considering get MPC live. I feel like it will do exactly what I need...I just need some intimate alone time with it lol.

this is my thinking as well, if the mpc feels more like a daw than a beatmachine then I won't hesitate to return it, I kind of feel the same way about BM3... that's why BM2 never moved me, but it looks like they've made progress in this area in BM3 the question is how much. I wish they would drop some videos already !!

Agreeded. Maybe if we ask nicely they will put up a little teaser video. Even 10 seconds is fine. I just need a little taste to control my cravings lol.

• @kobamoto said:

@Noirflux said:

I'm getting the mpc live just because it's the mpc ive been waiting for. Standlone and controller. I have the touch and mpc 2.0 and im already loving it. Once they add realtime time strech to programs and allow audio tracks to not be sequence related its on.
    As for beatmaker 3 it's what i wanted iMPC Pro to be with added extra. I hate recording external instruments in impc its a pain in my ass.

• @Noirflux said:

@kobamoto said:

@Noirflux said:

Agreeded. Maybe if we ask nicely they will put up a little teaser video. Even 10 seconds is fine. I just need a little taste to control my cravings lol.

Right? I've almost bought a pc and Ableton on like 4 occasions already waiting for bm3

• Didn't I hear that it won't be available on the phone until later?

• edited May 2017

@Noirflux said:

@kobamoto said:

@Noirflux said:

As anyone in recovery knows, that's not the way it works!
    :)

• edited May 2017

@ToMess said:

@brice said:

Well i have the beta and it certainly stands up to its hype imo. I dont have bm2 either and didnt look too much into it, i would describe bm3 having its core on mpc style pad controller, **but taking it further(can load AUs and other instruments and fxs on each pad, really in depth sampler, modulation etc), so each pad can either be an instrument, longer sample, single hit sample or other sound. **You can also put the pads to 16 pad and 64pad modes, and you can make the pads as notes also.

That's crazy... can't even think of the possibilities with AUs per pad..

• @AudioGus said:

@ToMess said:

@brice said:

Automating AUs?

I havent tried that and i dont think it has been mentioned in any publicly released info afaik, and i cant share that sort of unreleased info anyways, so im not going to find out, sorry :P

• @db909 said:
    Didn't I hear that it won't be available on the phone until later?

I remember hearing that as well, but cant remember 100% sure, and it was quite a while back, so plans might have been changed

• @ToMess said:

@AudioGus said:

@ToMess said:

@brice said:

Automating AUs?

I havent tried that and i dont think it has been mentioned in any publicly released info afaik, and i cant share that sort of unreleased info anyways, so im not going to find out, sorry :P

Haha, no reply would have sufficed. ;)

• @ToMess said:

@brice said:

Thank you for the explanation. A lot of what you just described helps me understand the enthusiasm behind this release. It really does sound like the most feature-rich production tool on iOS. I may have to jump in once it's here.

• What I really really hope is that they kept all the loop and chop options there was in BM2... I still use BM2 almost everyday just for the audio editor where I can pitch shift and time stretch my loop before I chop it like a crazy mofo lol...
    If they even go a bit further with concepts from acid and/or blocs wave... Then I'll be in heaven.
    ☮️ peace

• @ExAsperis99 lmao this is true
    @ElGregoLoco - Exactly. I love chopping in BM2 but I have never been a fan of the UI but BM3 looks like it got much-needed plastic surgery. I know I'm definitely going to make it the hub of my IOS music production.

I noticed we haven't seen pictures of the timeline yet. It's probably taking the longest to get done or they don't want to give everything away yet. I just hope it's stable. As many have mentioned before, iMPC had insane potential but would crash so often I would go limp right before the action :(

• I don't understand why Intua didn't evolve BM2 by adding auto-slice ,IAA fx, and bus channel. They could add those features years ago instead of waiting BM3 for such a long time.

• I've almost run out of ideas for new feature-requests but I know I'll cook up more as time goes by and it actually feels quite good that just about all wishes for features discussed in various threads here have been forwarded ;)

• edited May 2017

@Samu said:
    I've almost run out of ideas for new feature-requests but I know I'll cook up more as time goes by and it actually feels quite good that just about all wishes for features discussed in various threads here have been forwarded ;)

Please no more new features for now. We need the app soon. LOL

• edited May 2017

I'm not even worried about the new features, bm2 had enough great features for me it was just the workflow... if they addressed that sufficiently they will have my money and new features will just be icing on top. The only other thing I'm concerned about is the latency.