Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Steinberg Forum Shutdown

Due to extensive server and software maintenance. Will not reopen until next week.

Comments

• Seems an odd time to schedule to do this just as they put Cubasis etc on sale!

• Strange...Maybe it is in preparation for the new update? More than likely something happened to the server and they are needing to rebuild it...

• Beef it up before the barrage?

they'll be an input node and most apps will be output nodes....so steinberg may get a lot of ppl asking why 'x' app ain't working with cubasis.

Just a thought.

• Having said that...
    Is cubasis the only daw that can record into itself via AB?....cubasis to cubasis recording??

In that case they may be one the only apps with both nodes???

• @commonstookie Good question! I really like that about Cubasis, and I'd also be interested in hearing what other apps do this.

• I can confirm that Auria can do it--pretty well too! See this new article for details:

http://www.musicappblog.com/diy-send-effects-auria/

• edited September 2013

Auria does as well. It even allows you send an individual bus or aux send.

Edit: Beat me by a minute. With a link!

• Mouth is watering at what could be possible soon.
    Its been touched on before here and would be so nice if all apps became more flexible...
    For instance...being able to put Nave or casini in the effects slot and run any other app through them....??

• edited September 2013

That would require the respective developer teams modifying the apps. Not part of an OS update. I'm hoping for more than one effects slot so that all inputs aren't forced to have the same effect applied.

• Think they would just need to add both nodes,that IAA provides...(.input and output)

I'm just guessing tho.

• Multiple days of down time? Who the heck maintains their servers and forum software? You should only get multiple down days during a natural disaster.

• edited September 2013

I suspect hardware problems, such as drive failure. If a drive goes down and it's not in a RAID, then there is going to be quite a bit of work to get a forum back up and on line. Not to mention that it is seldom just the forum part that is on the server--usually there are a lot more essential web components that need to be rebuilt too. Now, if it was a drive failure, and they had an up-to-date image, restoration would be much faster......

...then again, maybe they are updating the infrastructure in preparation for something that may be coming up... (optimism). :-)

• edited September 2013

Hello all,

Unfortunately, we ran into some strange spam posts and inconsistencies... :-/
    We were forced to rebuild the forum, we hope we can go online some time this week.
    We will run on the latest phpBB version which will make it easier to create an account and understand the forums.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we hope to see you soon!

EDIT: We still don't have an official statement, as soon as we have more information I will come back.

Best regards,
    GN

• Thanks for the info.

• Agreed! Thanks for the info! Sounds like you got hacked... Nice that you will be moving to the latest phpBB version though! :-)

• Spam bots love PHPBB a lot harder than they do Vanilla Forums. Just saying!

• Hello all,

Unfortunately we still cannot give an exact date of when the forums will be back online, as we are going to use this downtime to restructure them as well.

Best regards,
    GN

• I could never figure out how to register for the forums. It was all a bit convoluted and I couldn't get it to work. Sounds like this move might make it a bit easier, which would be great.

• I hope so. It was a chore to register and get onto the Cubasis forum.