Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Home Studio Setups

Comments

• my home setup is also my mobile setup. will be adding a koma fieldkit soon.
    NanoKontrol Studio
    Beatstep
    Dr Rhythm Dr55
    Volca Kick
    Zoom U22 interface
    iPad 6th gen
    Traktor Kontrol Z1

missing from the photo is iPad air and a bunch of cables.

• Traktor Kontrol Z1

How have you got the Z1 setup / midi mapped in the iPad? (I didn’t think it was class compliant without being plugged in to a laptop like the rest of NI’s controllers)

• @no1normal said:

Traktor Kontrol Z1

How have you got the Z1 setup / midi mapped in the iPad? (I didn’t think it was class compliant without being plugged in to a laptop like the rest of NI’s controllers)

Yea NI uses some protocol of its own instead of midi when the controller is talking to the software, so they need to be routed through computer. I used to have the f1 controller and used to send midi from computer to ipad via bluetooth, worked great. Ni stuff with midi ports naturally talk midi out of the ports. Not sure if the keyboards actually have usb midi as well. By the way that controller editor software for NI products is really nice, just too bad tou cant save it to hardware and use it standalone :/

• My setup which is also my daily workspace when I take the FA away!

• @no1normal said:

Traktor Kontrol Z1

the Z1 works plug’n’play with ios traktor. all controls are automatically mapped. it was made in part for that reason.

• @ToMess said:

@no1normal said:

Traktor Kontrol Z1

Yea NI uses some protocol of its own instead of midi when the controller is talking to the software, so they need to be routed through computer. I used to have the f1 controller and used to send midi from computer to ipad via bluetooth, worked great. Ni stuff with midi ports naturally talk midi out of the ports. Not sure if the keyboards actually have usb midi as well. By the way that controller editor software for NI products is really nice, just too bad tou cant save it to hardware and use it standalone :/

you do not need a laptop to use Z1 with traktor dj. it works straight away.

• Desk

Drums n stuff

• @sysexual said:

my home setup is also my mobile setup. will be adding a koma fieldkit soon.
    NanoKontrol Studio
    Beatstep
    Dr Rhythm Dr55
    Volca Kick
    Zoom U22 interface
    iPad 6th gen
    Traktor Kontrol Z1

missing from the photo is iPad air and a bunch of cables.

Blimey, I haven’t seen a Dr Rhythm for years - had one in my first band at the end of the 70’s!

• Blimey, I haven’t seen a Dr Rhythm for years - had one in my first band at the end of the 70’s!

I got the dr rhythm at an electronics swap. Traded an old focusrite interface for it. It only works sometimes but i love the design. Also got the original box!

• @ipluckthestring said:

Behold

how is the lpd8 wireless? been close to buying it before.

• @sysexual said:
    how is the lpd8 wireless? been close to buying it before.

I am very happy with my lpd8 wireless. The pads feel better than the ones on my minilab and I like that it doesn’t have the endless encoders. Battery life is long and I don’t notice the latency over Bluetooth. I also got it for $40 from sweetwater and that is a steal. I don’t like that you can’t sync beat repeat tempo over bt.

• This is my current setup: 2012 MBP with external SSD, running Maschine, Komplete and Reason. The Mk3 is being used as a controller, sampler and audio interface. Guitar and iPad go straight into the Mk3, and audio out to KRK 5 monitors. There’s a little Korg Microkey for tunes, and an eternally refilled mug of tea.

• Tonight....

• @SpookyZoo How do you like the monostation novation boy ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    @SpookyZoo How do you like the monostation novation boy ;)

It’s lovely. Had it for 15 months now and still finding new things and sounds! :)

• encenc
    edited December 2018

• edited December 2018

Also use modified grey gameboys running lsdj, an Amiga 1200, ti calculator running Houston tracker, midi vampires 1 & 2, mixtape alpha, midiverb 2, strymon el Capistan.

iPhone synth apps used the most:

Gadget
    Groove rider
    Zeeon
    Caustic
    Drc
    SunVox
    TF8
    Oscilab
    Scythe
    Spacecraft
    Tardigrain
    Animoog
    Model D
    Model 15
    Layer
    FieldScaper
    SynthScaper
    Mood
    Volt Droneo
    IWAVESTATION
    IMono/Poly
    I electribe wave
    Mitosynth
    Kauldron
    KQ Dixie
    Bs-16i
    Sunrizer
    TC-11

too many au fx to list

Midi:

Xequence
    Lemur
    Autony
    Riffer

• @stuck80s it's not just a username - some of the hardware looks like it's stuck in the 80s as well :D

• @richardyot said:
    @stuck80s it's not just a username - some of the hardware looks like it's stuck in the 80s as well :D

Best nick ever

• All I need is a fanny pack and a members only jacket

• edited December 2018

13 iPads.
    4 iPhones.
    1 iPod.
    5 kaoss pads.
    1 kaosilator
    A ton of rack effects
    2 Alesis air fx
    Adrenalinn III
    A few pods
    Juno alpha 1
    Micro Korg
    Mc 303
    Tb 03
    Kastle micro modular
    Esi 32 sampler
    Korg dsm1
    Yamaha tx81z
    Roland MX 1
    A bunch of patch bags and mixers.

All of it’s in sync with Ableton via link or midi.

There a ton more going on here if anyone is interested let me know.

This is last nights live broadcast.
    https://www.facebook.com/Stevenlikeness/videos/10217328940525739/?t=387

• @Ego_Likeness said:

13 iPads.
    4 iPhones.
    1 iPod.
    5 kaoss pads.
    1 kaosilator
    A ton of rack effects
    2 Alesis air fx
    Adrenalinn III
    A few pods
    Juno alpha 1
    Micro Korg
    Mc 303
    Tb 03
    Kastle micro modular
    Esi 32 sampler
    Korg dsm1
    Yamaha tx81z
    Roland MX 1
    A bunch of patch bags and mixers.

All of it’s in sync with Ableton via link or midi.

There a ton more going on here if anyone is interested let me know.

This is last nights live broadcast.
    https://www.facebook.com/Stevenlikeness/videos/10217328940525739/?t=387

Minimalism!

• edited December 2018

@OnfraySin said:

13 iPads.
    4 iPhones.

Minimalism!

13 ipads. I'm shocked! :)

• It’s cool to see so many microKorgs out there

• @OnfraySin said:

@Ego_Likeness said:

<snip...>

>

Minimalism!

iPad command and control: nailed it

• Hey everyone.

I enjoyed looking through your setups, you all seem quite passionate about your music and hardware.

It has me missing my own studio space. I’ve had to temporarily downsize to bare minimums for a few weeks as I move back to the east coast U.S. from Seattle.

I’m just glad that doesn’t portend giving up much capability like it would have not too many years ago.

Speaking of which, I really owe a debt of gratitude to the incredible iOS developers, for the power and elegance they’ve brought us via their apps, & everything they’ve made possible. I’m still in awe of how far they’ve brought out the potential of these devices;

p.s. what I wouldn’t have given to have had an iPad or even my Deluge back in the 80s or 90s ;)

• Minimalism!

I did the minimalism thing for the first 20 years of my music career.

I built this specifically to give me an excessive amount of tactile control over the sounds. :)

• @OscarSouth said:
    Love these threads!

This is where I'm currently working:

Flowers looking a bit the worse for wear now.. we were given them at a concert about a month ago.

Nothing like a mini Marshall stack in the living room.....!