Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Home Studio Setups

Comments

• @Shazamm said:
    My Komplete Studio in the garage Ill take a pic of the bedroom ipad studio when I get home

This looks dope, and you and I should try to get along instead of that this brand is better than that brand bs... that's my honest opinion.

• edited May 2017

Just purchased this mixer. It's great because it has a hi Z guitar input, it supports Bluetooth, and it has a built-in iPad cradle! Also USB audio and built-in effects! I love it. Now I just need to figure out how to route midi between the two iPads. What's the best option? Could I use a USB hub?

• @eross said:

@syrupcore said:
    @eross That box is amazing. How long did it take you to build? Did you start from existing plans?

thanks. no plans, I work in a bodyshop as my full time job , so it was second nature to me not long actually. I bought a used road case on ebay( it was 3 times that size). I chopped it down, and reassembled it to the size i wanted. framed out inside, made and stained and refinished the sliding shelves, and interior and then assembled everything. It really was a pretty simple project. the thing that took the most time was popping all the rivets on the metal trim. glad you guys like it, i use it everyday, and love it

Double plus very cool.

• @kobamoto said:

@Shazamm said:
    My Komplete Studio in the garage Ill take a pic of the bedroom ipad studio when I get home

This looks dope, and you and I should try to get along instead of that this brand is better than that brand bs... that's my honest opinion.

I was just sharing that I know what Im talking about but we good and thanks

• edited May 2017

@Shazamm, word, much better to learn from you than to burn from you :)

@jigglypuff, never saw a pic in it with Patterning that I didn't love

• Yesterday's session. Usually use it in a aum channel with a couple holderness apps. For live play. Next up is going to see if i integrate it with loopy rather than using internal "tape" tracks.

• @vpich said:

Very close to being my next studio. Nice!

• Here is most of the stuff :)

• @j_liljedahl Lovely space. All that wood. Is that vertical modular the one you built? What's with the empty skiff in the lower left? Are those adjustable height table legs??

@vpich That is hot.

• @j_liljedahl said:

Here is most of the stuff :)

Nice. I always fantasize about modulars but so impractical. Looks cool though. Probably sounds great.

• @Shazamm said:

I'm starting a band called The Dirty Cadillacs immediately.

• @syrupcore said:
    @j_liljedahl Lovely space. All that wood. Is that vertical modular the one you built? What's with the empty skiff in the lower left? Are those adjustable height table legs??

Yes, the standing one is my old DIY modular. The desktop eurorack is mostly/half DIY kits. In the lower left are some new rails for a 12U 126HP foldable studio case I'm planning to build. Exactly, adjustable table legs from ikea.

• @j_liljedahl said:

Nice. I always fantasize about modulars but so impractical. Looks cool though. Probably sounds great.

• edited May 2017

@syrupcore said:

@Shazamm said:

I'm starting a band called The Dirty Cadillacs immediately.

lol

• @vpich said:

no matter what I'm using this is the mind state I'm always trying to achieve. Very nice.

• @j_liljedahl said:

The lair that begat AudioShare!!!

Love the coziness and modular synths! So coo...

• edited May 2017

Some really awesome setups in this thread! Here's where I've been fighting the good fight in the deep woods of Georgia. Space is limited here, so there is a lot of shuffling things around as needed. But after many years I can finally say I have everything I need. I'll continue to buy stuff of course, but the system feels complete as is, finally. Also, several instances of DRC AU is a downright magical endeavor.

• @brice said:

Some really awesome setups in this thread! Here's where I've been fighting the good fight in the deep woods of Georgia. Space is limited here, so there is a lot of shuffling things around as needed. But after many years I can finally say I have everything I need. I'll continue to buy stuff of course, but the system feels complete as is, finally. Also, several instances of DRC AU is a downright magical endeavor.

That is cold as ice. A Juno with the DRC's, just really cool mix of old & new.

I admit envy for the Apollo Twin, everyone I know personally who has one loves it and the rest want one (or a Quad) or think they're great.

Last thing: I don't know very much about Logic Pro, never used it. Can you use custom icons in the edit window on each track? Those StarWars ones are very cool...

• Yes, you can import your own icons if you want in Logic. Although that looks more like GarageBand I think?

• edited May 2017

@JRSIV said:

@brice said:

That is cold as ice. A Juno with the DRC's, just really cool mix of old & new.

I admit envy for the Apollo Twin, everyone I know personally who has one loves it and the rest want one (or a Quad) or think they're great.

Last thing: I don't know very much about Logic Pro, never used it. Can you use custom icons in the edit window on each track? Those StarWars ones are very cool...

Thanks! Yeah, the Apollo was a huge step up for me. I don't do a whole lot of tracking with it, but when I do it's pretty damn clean and alive. Plus UAD plugins are among the best around to mix with.

And yes, custom icons drop into the track headers in Logic easily. I have more than I care to admit!

• @Tarekith said:
    Yes, you can import your own icons if you want in Logic. Although that looks more like GarageBand I think?

I have my Logic transport bar positioned at the bottom of my screen which is why it looks a little different and GarageBand-ish in this picture. It's really just to help me see the damn thing better as my display is a lot higher than I'd like it to be.

• @kobamoto said:

@vpich said:

no matter what I'm using this is the mind state I'm always trying to achieve. Very nice.

Exactly. Well said.

• thanks, yeah. Esthetically this is where i'm at and where i'm constantly trying to get but in practicality the op-1 is maddening. In about 5 minutes i'm going to hook it up to the ipad via the appogee one and see how it fits into my whims, since the internal tape is not for me. I sync it by connecting it to my phone and using link to midi. I've done a few things i like on the tape but it is so slow compared to my preferred ipad workflows. I'll spend an hour just trying to get a few seamless loops without clicks. I actually even listed it on reverb at the new price, plus charging for the accessories on the off chance that someone wants it so mich that they can't wait for supply to catch up to demand. Have no idea what i would replace it with, very much on the fence...hence the "crazy" price. I even turned down an offer for 820 this morning. Will report back with my after-session findings.

Possible replacements: deepmind 12, novation peak but those are tethering.

Or an electribe 2 for on the go ambient amusement with a korg minilogue with the difference. Or a minitaur.

• I'll trade you my electribe 2 for your OP1 :)

• Just took it off reverb. :D been having a blast running it through fx in aum and playing the arpeggios. Keeping it. My mistake was in wanting to be self contained. Fx in aum really make it twice as good and parts are played twice as well when using a responsive instrument like the op-1. My math is not so good, is that 4 times better total?

• @LeonLeroy very impressive!

• @LeonLeroy said:

I like a psychedelic creative space.

Next level TRON room. Awesome!

• Now i just need to make the music to match. lol.