Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Home Studio Setups

Comments

• @Thomas said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Thomas said:

>

Got any recordings up with that bass on it?

I'm also primarily a fretless player and love to hear other players' styles on fretless. I find it much more expressive, vocal and 'personal' than a fretted instrument.

Actually, that day, I switched to my fretted Skjold to record, and have been tracking with it the past few months.
    Here's a track featuring it from a couple years back- http://thomaschill.bandcamp.com/track/unfortunate-brutus Same recording setup.

forgot about this one too-

• edited May 2017

@Thomas thanks very much for sharing. I'm looking forward to listening to these!

I was looking for a link to share back of my fretless work but I notice that the records have been pulled from Spotify (change in distributors or some such). Anyway my two favs records from the last few years that I've done on fretless are: "Ashley Fayth - Take Back The Fire" & Gary Edward Jones - The Cabinet Maker". I'll let you know if I can find any links to listen online.

Moved my equipment today (or I should say, set it up in a difference place after taking it out for a performance yesterday). Yesterday I also hacked away the nightmare jungle of a lawn that the past tenants here left behind. Still pretty fucked underneath but at least it'll be possible to enjoy the sun in the garden now. Positioned my equipment to maximise potential sun/music based enjoyment!

My wife works on her painting from the other side of this table so should be a nice spot to work on our art over the summer, with the option of jamming in the garden!

• @eross said:
    here's my studio in a box , everything contained in one road case, box open or close in less than 10 seconds

. slide up a chair and start playing

You win! That's the coolest!

• @OscarSouth said:
    @Thomas thanks very much for sharing. I'm looking forward to listening to these!

I was looking for a link to share back of my fretless work but I notice that the records have been pulled from Spotify (change in distributors or some such). Anyway my two favs records from the last few years that I've done on fretless are: "Ashley Fayth - Take Back The Fire" & Gary Edward Jones - The Cabinet Maker". I'll let you know if I can find any links to listen online.

Moved my equipment today (or I should say, set it up in a difference place after taking it out for a performance yesterday). Yesterday I also hacked away the nightmare jungle of a lawn that the past tenants here left behind. Still pretty fucked underneath but at least it'll be possible to enjoy the sun in the garden now. Positioned my equipment to maximise potential sun/music based enjoyment!

My wife works on her painting from the other side of this table so should be a nice spot to work on our art over the summer, with the option of jamming in the garden!

Nice view! Gotta have the views. :)

• @Thomas said:

@OscarSouth said:

Nice view! Gotta have the views. :)

Here's another point of view!

• @waynerowand said:
    Small, but mighty.

>

What modular synth is that ? Does it work well with midi clock sync ?

• @OscarSouth Love the set up & yes the surrounds behind you look cool.

@eross that anvil case studio set up idea is brilliant. I remember reading about Pete Townshend having a small bit of studio equipment that he set up in hotel rooms whilst on tour but the pain was keeping it self-contained. I think it was the liner notes to one of his "Scoop" albums.

Your solution is really cool. So the only thing you have to do is roll it up and plug in mains power and boom, start mixing/recording? Wow...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@waynerowand said:
    Small, but mighty.

>

It's a Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV-1. Killer little box. I usually sync it via the Keystep.

• edited May 2017

@JRSIV said:
    @OscarSouth Love the set up & yes the surrounds behind you look cool.

Cheers!
    Sometimes we get good weather in the Republic of Ireland! (we are definitely beating the forecast for 7 days of rain!)

Shit, almost empty, better get another!

• @OscarSouth said:

@JRSIV said:

Cheers!
    Sometimes we get good weather in the Republic of Ireland! (we are definitely beating the forecast for 7 days of rain!)

We loved Ireland. Hope to go back soon. :)

• @Thomas said:

@OscarSouth said:

@JRSIV said:

Cheers!

I remember you said you had a great time in Ireland way back when we first arrived here and I posted a message about it. It's been a pretty tough time for us over the last 8 months but we're slowly stabilising ourselves. I have regular gigs now (even some using iOS equipment as well as the usual bass stuff!) and we're scraping by. Small steps!

If you're around here again then feel free to drop by! We live in Dublin, about 15 mins from the centre on the metro line.

• @OscarSouth said:

@Thomas said:

I remember you said you had a great time in Ireland way back when we first arrived here and I posted a message about it. It's been a pretty tough time for us over the last 8 months but we're slowly stabilising ourselves. I have regular gigs now (even some using iOS equipment as well as the usual bass stuff!) and we're scraping by. Small steps!

If you're around here again then feel free to drop by! We live in Dublin, about 15 mins from the centre on the metro line.

Very cool, thanks!

• @Thomas said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Thomas said:

Very cool, thanks!

Listening to your tracks at the minute by the way. Right now ''Unfortunate Brutus'. Cool groove! Great tone too (I like the toppy 'zing' to it. What other kit did you use to make that?

• @waynerowand said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@waynerowand said:
    Small, but mighty.

>

It's a Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms SV-1. Killer little box. I usually sync it via the Keystep.

Does it have audio inputs ? Was planning on grabbing a mother 32 or a 0-coast but this looks amazing too.

• @gonekrazy3000 No dedicated audio input like the Mother, but it is modular....so should be able to pipe it into the mixer or filter or anything.....Honestly, haven't tried it yet.

BTW....Sweetwater has Mothers $100 off for the next week or so.

• @OscarSouth said:

@Thomas said:

@OscarSouth said:

@Thomas said:

Very cool, thanks!

Listening to your tracks at the minute by the way. Right now ''Unfortunate Brutus'. Cool groove! Great tone too (I like the toppy 'zing' to it. What other kit did you use to make that?

Thanks. It was mixed and mastered in Auria. Arrangement and writing was done in Beatmaker2. Most of the sounds are my own samples edited in BM2. Synths and drum machine are Figure loops dropped into BM2 for arranging. Pads are Alchemy. I might have dropped a Seekbeats loop into it as well.

• @waynerowand said:
    @gonekrazy3000 No dedicated audio input like the Mother, but it is modular....so should be able to pipe it into the mixer or filter or anything.....Honestly, haven't tried it yet.

BTW....Sweetwater has Mothers $100 off for the next week or so.

Darn. Was hoping to pipe my volcas through it. Guess it's back to the 0-coast for now :D

• @JRSIV said:

@eross that anvil case studio set up idea is brilliant. I remember reading about Pete Townshend having a small bit of studio equipment that he set up in hotel rooms whilst on tour but the pain was keeping it self-contained. I think it was the liner notes to one of his "Scoop" albums.

Your solution is really cool. So the only thing you have to do is roll it up and plug in mains power and boom, start mixing/recording? Wow...

thanks man. I like it because I don't have the room for a full studio, and it keeps my kids out of the gear. As soon as they go to bed, I crack the case open and start writing music. :)

• @brambos said:
    Spot the Nabaztag :D

Spotted!

• @eross That box is amazing. How long did it take you to build? Did you start from existing plans?

• edited May 2017

@eross said:
    here's my studio in a box , everything contained in one road case, box open or close in less than 10 seconds.

Impressive! It takes me longer than that nowadays to open a beer.

• edited May 2017

Old picture

• @syrupcore said:
    @eross That box is amazing. How long did it take you to build? Did you start from existing plans?

thanks. no plans, I work in a bodyshop as my full time job , so it was second nature to me not long actually. I bought a used road case on ebay( it was 3 times that size). I chopped it down, and reassembled it to the size i wanted. framed out inside, made and stained and refinished the sliding shelves, and interior and then assembled everything. It really was a pretty simple project. the thing that took the most time was popping all the rivets on the metal trim. glad you guys like it, i use it everyday, and love it

• @waynerowand said:
    Small, but mighty.

what is that little synth with the wires sticking out of it? looks fun

• here is my case i had before it. It's for sale if

anyone is interested.

• @eross Pittsburgh Modular SV-1. And yes, it's a blast!

• t> @waynerowand said:

@eross Pittsburgh Modular SV-1. And yes, it's a blast!

that's cool. does it have its own power source, is it an all in one kit?

• @eross said:
    t> @waynerowand said:

@eross Pittsburgh Modular SV-1. And yes, it's a blast!

that's cool. does it have its own power source, is it an all in one kit?

Yep, own power and normalized connections like the 0-coast and Mother.

• @OscarSouth said:

@JRSIV said:

Cheers!

When I tell people I was born & raised in Las Vegas, still living here, the weather always comes up with the inevitable "the weather must be great". But if there's one locale that can exhibit the most profound evidence of climate change it's here in Vegas.

The summers are brutal, perceptibly hotter than when I was younger & the temperature​ data bears it out. Opening up a window and enjoying a breeze and a sunny sky just is not going to happen when it's 118°F in July...

Enjoy the setup mate, very very cool...

• edited May 2017

My Komplete Studio in the garage Ill take a pic of the bedroom ipad studio when I get home