Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SoundTrends Looptastic/Meta DJ joining the bus anytime soon?

edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Hey all,

Anybody hear anything regarding Soundtrends Looptastic or Meta DJ adding AB?

Comments

• This is an email from Soundtrends about 1 mouth ago:

Thanks for writing.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is extremely unlikely that we will be updating our apps at this time. Please see the attached statement below.

Thanks,
    Zeke

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Dear Sound Trends Customers,

It is with a very heavy heart that we have decided to officially stop new development on our apps and to focus our attention elsewhere. It has been a great run the past 4+ years. Now we simply reached a point where we cannot justify the costs of continuing to advance our products.

We sincerely appreciate your support with everything from the first version of Looptastic in 2009 to the most recent update of meta DJ in 2012. We could not have built these inspired products without your help. Thank you for your emails, positive reviews, encouragement, and most importantly your business. You enabled us to do what we love for several awesome years. It is incredibly rewarding hearing your stories of enjoyment and creative pursuits.

Looking forward, we plan to keep all our products online including all of the Loop Sets in our Loop Store. However, the time may come when the costs of keeping the lights on outweigh the incoming revenue.

In closing, let me thank you again for your caring and support. We truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Aaron Higgins

President

Sound Trends LLC

• Damn I brought all of their apps and was waiting for AB. What a shame I really liked their apps.

• Thanks for the heads up Sinapsya. Wow, what a bummer. I actually use their apps a lot and am now worried that with further Apple updates, could these apps become useless? Almost makes me not want to buy any apps unless they're from a big name company since what good is an app if 3 years down the road, you can't use it anymore.

Do you know of any good alternatives for Looptastic or Meta DJ?