Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Activation lock pop up

Suddenly and without warning, my iPad get an activation lock and requires me to input my passcode or enter my Apple ID credentials again. Very annoying and happens randomly and often enough to interrupt workflow.

Any one else have this problem, or had it and fixed it? I searched on Apple discussion forums and found a solution listed. Suggestion was to turn off Find My iPad service. I tried this but it didn't fix the problem.

I have an iPad Air 2, 128GB, 3G version from Verizon with latest iOS. I recently removed the $10 cellular data line from Verizon.

Comments

• I keep getting the enter your App Store ID and Password on countless times. Suddenly it has stopped. Wonder why too.

• edited May 2017

Are you using any apps via Family Sharing? That happens to me sometimes if I download an app from my wife's list.

Edit: you may also want to check your Settings page to make sure all your iCloud logins are in order. One time I got logged out of Game Center and nothing else; it took me a while to figure out what was going on. Not sure if that's even possible in 10.3

• Thank you I will look in to those areas. I suspect it's an iCloud issue as I've recently changed my Apple ID main login email.

• Went away for a day, now it's back. Every 30 minutes or so. Have no idea why

• It's not the iOS update nag is it?

• edited May 2017

No not the update nag. It asks be to put in my pass code, as if it needed activated (or someone locked it remotely?) Sometimes it requires me in addition to the pass code, to put in my Apple ID credentials. Very frustrating! Happens very often now, every 10-15 minutes.

• @Jmcmillan said:
    No not the update nag. It asks be to put in my pass code, as if it needed activated (or someone locked it remotely?) Sometimes it requires me in addition to the pass code, to put in my Apple ID credentials. Very frustrating! Happens very often now, every 10-15 minutes.

Sounds odd, might be worth checking the settings and saving them again. I had quite a few issues when I changed my ID email, but it settled down eventually.

• I think this might be my cause as well. I changed Apple ID emails recently. Can you let me know what you mean by checking settings and saving?

• I got random pop-ups asking for a password with the previous update, but I just canceled out of it and nothing bad ever happened. I haven't ever changed my Apple ID.

• Just don't enter the password and click "Cancel" instead. It will not come back after that.
    If that was my case I would restore iPhone to factory settings and then set it from the scratch. Looks like some app or setting is doing that to you.

• edited November 2017

@Jmcmillan said:
    (...) I've recently changed my Apple ID main login email.

Oh. Usually this is the reason when things goes wrong. Usually this one helps:

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph2702

Maybe it helps, just to sign out from iTunes store with all devices and sign in again. In case it does not: Rename your Apple ID again into the old name, and then:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

(and, please, condider EVERY detail here - for EVERY of your iOS and Mac OS devices)

Don't forget to sign out from Find my device for all devices. Then rename again into the new login email and sign in with all devices, into iCloud, Find my device, iMessage, Facetime, iTunes store etc.

It just works.

;-)

• edited February 2018

@Jmcmilan said:
    Suddenly and without warning, my iPad get an activation lock and requires me to input my passcode or enter my Apple ID credentials again. Very annoying and happens randomly and often enough to interrupt workflow.

Any one else have this problem, or had it and fixed it? I searched on Apple discussion forums and found a solution listed. Suggestion was to turn off Find My iPad service. I tried this but it didn't fix the problem.

I have an iPad Air 2, 128GB, 3G version from Verizon with latest iOS. I recently removed the $10 cellular data line from Verizon.

The similar problem have been encountered on my iPhone , as i know , you need to unlock password , just in this way , you can access your iPad ,

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I keep getting the enter your App Store ID and Password on countless times. Suddenly it has stopped. Wonder why too.

>

I did have that, when buying stuff, then it started working as it should, just with my fingerprint.

However, a new problem has manifested. Now, whenever I redeem an iTunes gift card, the ‘busy’ icon never finishes. Happily, taking the App Store out of memory solves this, and the card is redeemed.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I keep getting the enter your App Store ID and Password on countless times. Suddenly it has stopped. Wonder why too.

>

I did have that, when buying stuff, then it started working as it should, just with my fingerprint.

However, a new problem has manifested. Now, whenever I redeem an iTunes gift card, the ‘busy’ icon never finishes. Happily, taking the App Store out of memory solves this, and the card is redeemed.

I have to cancel, log out, and log in to my Apple account to get the credits to update. Your method sounds easier. Is that the “power button, then home button” method you are using?

• @CracklePot said:
    I have to cancel, log out, and log in to my Apple account to get the credits to update. Your method sounds easier. Is that the “power button, then home button” method you are using?

>

All I’m doing is double tapping Home, then swiping App Store out of memory. When I bring it back and tap on my profile, the credits are there.

• @Zen210507 said:

@CracklePot said:

>

All I’m doing is double tapping Home, then swiping App Store out of memory. When I bring it back and tap on my profile, the credits are there.

Thank you for saving me some hassle. :)