Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TF8 arp update plus more

Really nice update for TF8. Thank you to the developer for listening to forum feature requests! You can now perfect your arp and then scroll through the sounds and morph to your heart's content without losing the arp. Amongst other tasty update treats. Awesome.

Comments

• Hadn't paid attention to this one, thought it was iPad only but it's universal! Will check it out. What makes this one stand out for you guys?

• edited May 2017

@MusicMan4Christ
    It sounds great! Universal. Well connected. @Cib loves the reverb! Reverse delay. Tube distortion. Cool arp. Randomisation. Oh and assignable XY pad morphing :)

Love this synth!

• edited May 2017

Oh fantastic news! I always loved the sound (whammy!) but hated losing important settings. Will most certainly use it more now.

edit: WTF, totally vanished from Canadian store... hope it returns...

edit2: oh, I was confusing this with TF7, what the heck is TF8? Only show up as iphone app... interesting!

• The new options are awesome! Would be nice if they're settings persisted across sessions, but it ain't no thing.

• @db909 said:
    The new options are awesome! Would be nice if they're settings persisted across sessions, but it ain't no thing.

It's a little bit of a thing. The Ice Works apps allow you to independently save your arp settings, allowing you to audition various sounds within them....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@db909 said:
    The new options are awesome! Would be nice if they're settings persisted across sessions, but it ain't no thing.

It's a little bit of a thing. The Ice Works apps allow you to independently save your arp settings, allowing you to audition various sounds within them....

Tf8 does that now too with this update. I meant when you close the app, those choice of settings are saved.

• Bought this the other day and it's fantastic!

• Is it really only portrait? Will the update to Landscapr cost more?

• Ok got it! Really nice Synth really having fun right now with this one!
    Where can you enable Link?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Ok got it! Really nice Synth really having fun right now with this one!
    Where can you enable Link?

Config > Link tab at top

• Had a chance to search back through an old thread to find the developer.

Thanks for the update @Lppier

• Thanks!!! Had some apps playing and being triggered by KRFT wow what an awesome combo!!! The tweaking and saving of presets is soooo easy on this little beast!!! So grateful to the dev @Lppier for allowing to use before buy. Going on the metro train and playing this baby on one hand sold it to me too!

Would love to see the iPad UI get some love though any updates from the dev reg iPad UI?

• Minor bug to report - if I switch the polyphony setting from Poly to Mono in any patch, the Mono setting remains persistent across all patches (even if I switch the toggle back to Poly) and Poly mode only becomes accessible again if I close the app, reopen it, and switch back to Poly.

• edited May 2017

It doesn't do it on mine. iPhone SE latest.
    Might wanna check config then tap Other tab and check those settings.

Edit: actually does happen on the iPhone also :| but good gong the developer is fixing.

• Hi @JonLewis , indeed it is a blooper on my part. Undesirable side effect from the various fixes - it has been fixed. Pending update at the App Store.
    Thanks for pointing it out.
    Definitely a iPad version is in the works, no worries :)

Again, thanks to everybody for the love and support.

@JonLewis said:
    Minor bug to report - if I switch the polyphony setting from Poly to Mono in any patch, the Mono setting remains persistent across all patches (even if I switch the toggle back to Poly) and Poly mode only becomes accessible again if I close the app, reopen it, and switch back to Poly.

• Hurray thank you!

I've been all about TF8 this week, it's such a joy as a 'performing' synth.

• Oh oh! I forgot a request I had. Currently, the Vibrato, Full Tone, and Whammy modes 'snap back' quickly to the original pitch when your finger leaves the glass, the same way a pitch bend wheel would snap back on release. Any chance we could have an option that would work the way the 'pitch bend' mode in Garageband's ios keyboard works (say you glide your finger up a fifth and then release -- the bent pitch dies off at the elevated pitch without snapping back, and the next key you hit is played at normal pitch). I am fond of a sort of drooping off downward flick at the end of solo phrases and it doesn't come off right when there's a perceptible 'snap back' on release.

• I'm really enjoying this amazing app! It's one of those apps that once you get the arp going, and mess with the little track pad, oh boy, it can just play on forever!

Thanks for updating it and the plans to update to landscape on the iPad.

Also, I did notice that the Config settings in the "Other" tab do get reset when one closes the app. Once restarted, i confirmed that the settings didn't get saved. Please see the attached screenshot:

@Lppier said:
    Hi @JonLewis , indeed it is a blooper on my part. Undesirable side effect from the various fixes - it has been fixed. Pending update at the App Store.
    Thanks for pointing it out.
    Definitely a iPad version is in the works, no worries :)

Again, thanks to everybody for the love and support.

@JonLewis said:
    Minor bug to report - if I switch the polyphony setting from Poly to Mono in any patch, the Mono setting remains persistent across all patches (even if I switch the toggle back to Poly) and Poly mode only becomes accessible again if I close the app, reopen it, and switch back to Poly.

• Yes @MusicMan4Christ I guess it would be a good idea to have the settings persistent across app launches.
    I'll save this for the next update!

• This is my biggest request, and I'm sure everyone who is a serious IOS musician:

Would it be too much to ask if you could give TF8 the AUx treatment?

I find myself wishing soooo much that this was an AU instrument. Seriously, this would take your amazing synth over the top!!! Even if you would raise the price to make up for the added development, it is still worth every cent paid!!!

I am really enjoying this app, along with DRC which together and KRFT all are making me a synth nut! I'm a guitar player, but these synths, and yours specially now, are really inspiring me to make music.

AU please?

@Lppier said:
    Yes @MusicMan4Christ I guess it would be a good idea to have the settings persistent across app launches.

• @Lppier

Yum, a landscape iPad version would be great, I do love TF7! An AU app of some sort for Cubasis would be lovely too.

• the thing with the AU idea is that I just love TF8's playing surface so much, and that would not necessarily be reproduced by a host app...

• @AudioGus said:
    @Lppier

Yum, a landscape iPad version would be great, I do love TF7! An AU app of some sort for Cubasis would be lovely too.

Yes a thousand times on Landscape....

• I'd really love to have several instances of this app in AB3, AUM or Cubasis. I think that and landscape on iPad are my two main wishes :o :# <3

• TF8 update up! Poly issue fixed.

Now AU? Doesn't hurt to ask :D :o :#

Thanks so much @Lppier :)

Guys remember to update your AppStore review as this is what helps developers. <3 <3 ;)

• @Lppier updates have been great thank you. If you find the time to do a bit of pure polish, the cursor on the xy pad gets stuck on the borders of the pad when moving around, basically it won't slide on the borders/extreme values, can only be placed there.

• @db909 said:
    @Lppier updates have been great thank you. If you find the time to do a bit of pure polish, the cursor on the xy pad gets stuck on the borders of the pad when moving around, basically it won't slide on the borders/extreme values, can only be placed there.

This one will be in the next update, I didn't forget. :)

• Definitely AU is something I want to do @MusicMan4Christ .
    I'm glad to hear that you're having fun with the app. :)

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    This is my biggest request, and I'm sure everyone who is a serious IOS musician:

I find myself wishing soooo much that this was an AU instrument. Seriously, this would take your amazing synth over the top!!! Even if you would raise the price to make up for the added development, it is still worth every cent paid!!!

I am really enjoying this app, along with DRC which together and KRFT all are making me a synth nut! I'm a guitar player, but these synths, and yours specially now, are really inspiring me to make music.

AU please?

@Lppier said:
    Yes @MusicMan4Christ I guess it would be a good idea to have the settings persistent across app launches.

• Thanks @MusicMan4Christ ! It really makes a difference.

Guys remember to update your AppStore review as this is what helps developers. <3 <3 ;)

• Thanks so much! This app is soooo much fun! There's so much under the hood and so easily tweaked with a single hand on my iPhone SE!

Fully loaded 5 star review left!

@Lppier said:
    Thanks @MusicMan4Christ ! It really makes a difference.

@Lppier said:
    Definitely AU is something I want to do @MusicMan4Christ .
    I'm glad to hear that you're having fun with the app. :)

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    This is my biggest request, and I'm sure everyone who is a serious IOS musician:

AU please?

@Lppier said: