Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRC update and vid

For those that still may be on fence re DRC

Comments

• This is just awesome. Thank you so much for this. I've been fumbling around DRC almost since it came out, and I love it so much, but it's also nice to know what's going on under the hood.

• Thank you Mister Lullaby.

• The demo expired about 3 times, lol. Im most in love with the special delay and reverb and the easy slider controls. Maybe i do need this synth. :)

• Anyone got any ideas about connecting the DRC externally? I have the Arturia keystep selected (little check mark etc), but no dice....am I missing something simple? (Probably....)

DRC.png 182.5K
  • This is the best synth on the iPad and I have 95% of them. I love the reverb on this thing and the tweakability is amazing...so many happy accidents.

Can't wait to be able to hook this up to Digitakt.

• Thanks for the heads up.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Anyone got any ideas about connecting the DRC externally? I have the Arturia keystep selected (little check mark etc), but no dice....am I missing something simple? (Probably....)

Under settings you have a midi in channel filter. Have you checked that? What channel are using to send from keystep?

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

This video is soooo gooood! Thanks @RedSkyLullaby

• @noodldoodl said:

Please record that into video when you do! :wink:

• I'm more than familiar with DRC, but the extreme range between these presets, and the fact this synth can sound so much fuller, bigger, rounder, vast... I don't know the right word to describe it, but it's impressive. Especially on iOS.

• @sinosoidal said:

@noodldoodl said:

Please record that into video when you do! :wink:

For sure. Digitakt ETA 13th June... Hmm, we'll see. Elektron, please hit your deadlines x

• @sinosoidal said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Anyone got any ideas about connecting the DRC externally? I have the Arturia keystep selected (little check mark etc), but no dice....am I missing something simple? (Probably....)

Under settings you have a midi in channel filter. Have you checked that? What channel are using to send from keystep?

Will check again. Am suspecting it must be (as usual) at my end. Having trouble with Thor as well. Will go hit things with a stick and report back etc. Thanks for the response...

• Wish I'd bit when it was 1.99 for a day. Lovely sounding/interesting looking synth, but I can't justify the price now for another synth when Animoog, Sunrizer, Troublemaker and Viking Synth more than fill my limited requirements for synthesis.

• MMmmmmmidi learn!

• Instant crash for me. Reinstalled, restarted ipad, doesnt even get to load screen :(. Ios 9.3.5 air2

• @marliess said:
    Instant crash for me. Reinstalled, restarted ipad, doesnt even get to load screen :(. Ios 9.3.5 air2

I hope this is an isolated case. Can you send email to info at imaginando.pt?

• No prob, done

• Does DRC do midi over bluetooth, or would I need a special app for that?

• @asnor said:
    Does DRC do midi over bluetooth, or would I need a special app for that?

I have never played with Bluetooth midi devices but I think that is something the OS handles for you. My understanding says that the OS will detect the midi device and present it in the system, therefore, DRC will automatically have it listed. But maybe other users here will know it better than me.

• @sinosoidal said:

@asnor said:
    Does DRC do midi over bluetooth, or would I need a special app for that?

I have never played with Bluetooth midi devices but I think that is something the OS handles for you. My understanding says that the OS will detect the midi device and present it in the system, therefore, DRC will automatically have it listed. But maybe other users here will know it better than me.

In the video I am using XKey air which is Bluetooth. Some apps have a built in option to connect to Bluetooth other apps you may need to connect the device to iPad first using manufacturers app ( this was the case here I used XKey app to connect)

• I was hoping to run DRC on my iphone driven by Fugue Machine on my gen1 mini, without having to physically interface the two.

So if I enable bluetooth on both devices and run the apps on each, should DRC and FM show up in the respective midi configs?

• edited May 2017

Doesn't seem to work between the two. Probably has something to do with the gen1 mini. AB remote doesn't work with this setup either, iirc-- something to do with the gen1 mini. Or, I just need a special app to interface.

• edited May 2017

Got it working with Apollo; however, the midi timing sounds like Fugue Machine is playing while drunk :neutral:

• @RedSkyLullaby said:

Very nice video :+1:

This synth handles a wide range of sounds in a most lovely sounding way. So when will these great Red Sky presets be available as an IAP? :wink:

• @eustressor said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

This synth handles a wide range of sounds in a most lovely sounding way. So when will these great Red Sky presets be available as an IAP? :wink:

Many of those presets are already included in Factory, Factory Expansion and Sounds From Outer Space banks.

• @sinosoidal said:

@eustressor said:

@RedSkyLullaby said:

Many of those presets are already included in Factory, Factory Expansion and Sounds From Outer Space banks.

Thanks - I've been wanting to hear some presets from the Outer Space bank. I guess I just did :smile:

But I was referring to the part near the end where the screen reads, "The rest of these are Red Sky Lullaby presets." I was only half-joking, as I know Mr. Lullaby has contributed quality IAP presets to iOS synths before. I'd probably buy a bank he authored for DRC :sunglasses:

For the nonce, I'll probably be quite happy picking up the Outer Space bank.

• edited May 2017

Not to hijack RedSkys wonderful demo and exploration of all that is good with DRC, but I recently put together a little experimental piece using DRC driven by Xynthesizr.

Used the Korg nanoKey Studio to tweak Cutoff, Resonance, Delay and Reverb and used the patch, "Prince's Heaven Keys" from the new Outer Space Bank for this piece:

• @echoopera said:
    Not to hijack RedSkys wonderful demo and exploration of all that is good with DRC, but I recently put together a little experimental piece using DRC driven by Xynthesizr.

Used the Korg nanoKey Studio to tweak Cutoff, Resonance, Delay and Reverb and used the patch, "Prince's Heaven Keys" from the new Outer Space Bank for this piece:

That sounds great .. Thanks for the setup details too - always find that educational and sometimes inspiring . ..Also an incentive to fire up the Xynthesizr again!

• edited May 2017

@heybail said:

@echoopera said:

That sounds great .. Thanks for the setup details too - always find that educational and sometimes inspiring . ..Also an incentive to fire up the Xynthesizr again!

I recently realised that Xynthesizr's clock flawlessly syncs to MIDI Link Sync. Have been really enjoying playing with it in Link setups!

• @OscarSouth said:

@heybail said:

@echoopera said:

I recently realised that Xynthesizr's clock flawlessly perfectly to MIDI Link Sync. Have been really enjoying playing with it in Link setups!

Yup i noticed that the other day using it in aum. Great stuff