Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CRUD..video demo from thesoundtestroom...FILTH..DIRT...NASTINESS...The Best DubStep Synth So Far..

First I bought this one myself...and it's awesome..I really like this a lot and will be using it lots...been looking for something like this for ages...all this needs now is a save feature...not for everyone but if you like a bit of drop bass and dubstep and DnB..this is a must.

Comments

• Just watched this back..for the first time and OMG I say brilliant about 20 times...which is why you should have some sort of script...

• Oh... this looks and sounds dark and good! Love it..... fuck... ipad only again :( Great video, thank's!

• Big sounds, to be sure, but as someone pointed out in another thread, the LFO does not sync to BPM. That makes it utterly useless for dubstep, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• useless? or not as easy? I'm tired of machine perfect dubstep anyway.

• 'Nasty,dark and viscous'...like the wife,....first thing in the morning....but man,I love a little luving,first fing in the morning...

• @Galaxyexplorer I thought you would like this when I was making the vid..it should be universal..@everyoneelse its a fun little app, and yep it is a problem that its sample based based..but you can do some nice drops with this and I quite liked the fact that my wobble wibbled in time as a slid my finger up and down the slimy board...and it is cheap..

• @syrupcore: useless for any kind of wobble-bass dubstep, which is ALL about beatlocked rhythmic subdivisions.

Sure you can do dubstep with other bass sounds, but folks who buy CRUD for it's stated specialty are bound to be awfully disappointed...

• I was just about to buy this when I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask what are the alternatives? I remember alchemy I think had a dubstep pack available? What are other apps that would produce similar sounds?

I will say I'm glad I found out about the developer as it looks like he's trying to do some cool stuff but from the reviews, they're not entirely perfect (ex. Amen break app, impeach break app, studio 1111, xoxbox) but many of which are free.

• Some of his free apps are demos that expire within mere minutes of use. After that, you have to pay.

• I think you like the app the Doug! Great review I love your productions keep them coming.

• I do like the app..but its true that you cant sync the LFO..but I also think that you are savvy enough to produce dubstep properly then you are already gonna have all the gear to do it..and it's not easy to do well..this app gives you some really nice sounds, not all of them wobble and for the price it's cool...look its a fun app, that goes way further than a lot of dubstep apps out there..if you want bpm synced LFO dont buy it..

• If you have the gear and saavy to "produce dubstep properly" then you don't need this app. Nice sounds but just a toy IMO.

• @gjcyrus, I can get Animoog pumping out some really gritty wobble bass. Look up my youtube post for an example. I can't speak for any other synths. I'm sure many can do the job.

Sean from iosmusician was doing a contest for best iOS dubstep synth preset, that was months ago now. I never heard if he released a pack of presets.

Anyway, no I'm not going to buy this CRUD. Yes, many people will react the way Doug did and be glad they bought it. Good demo, @thesoundtestroom

• Can't
    Really
    Use for
    Dub step

:)

Sound great what I heard tho....

• Great sounds. Transposing and midi control would make this so much more usable

• edited September 2013

Hmtx-thnx!

• Thanks for the entertaining video, Doug! Your enthusiasm could really sell apps. I hope more devs take advantage of that :)
    Dubstep is not an area I have explored...yet! :)

• @thesoundtestroom

Thanks for posting this video! It's hilarious :)

• Simple and effective and great sounding....I also think the same of sidpad and studio 1111.

Keep up the good work Twisted_Electrons :)