Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioMaster gets a major update!

Hey now! Gary from Future Moments here. I hope this app comes in handy. There's now 40 total presets. iPhone and iPad.
All suggestions are welcome!

Here's our additions:
▪ Added 26 more presets to choose from for a total of 39 plus flat EQ
▪ Now you can press and hold any preset to hear only the volume boost
▪ Bluetooth Output
▪ AU, IAA and Audiobus compatible as usual

Try before you buy -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audiomaster-for-podcasts-music/id1091734833?mt=8

Comments

• Would like more direct control, but have used some of these (esp. on assorted podcastery) with good results. Pleased to see more presets.

• edited May 2017

You use this app? Am I thinking of the same one? Is this the one with fixed presets based on genre and which costs $13.99 a year and $99.99 to own??

EDIT: Or are you thinking of Igor Vasiliev's Audio Mastering app?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You use this app? Am I thinking of the same one? Is this the one with fixed presets based on genre and which costs $13.99 a year and $99.99 to own??

EDIT: Or are you thinking of Igor Vasiliev's Audio Mastering app?

Nope the first not the second, but I must have got it on some sort of sale because I certainly didn't pay much for it AND I'm certainly not paying a subscription (rushes off to the vault to check etc)...

• So, to those who use it such as @JohnnyGoodyear , is this app worth the $99 perpetual license fee in order to have a mastering system on my phone?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So, to those who use it such as @JohnnyGoodyear , is this app worth the $99 perpetual license fee in order to have a mastering system on my phone?

Absolutely not (IMHO).

• edited May 2017

We tried to find a bracket to suit everyone's needs.

$4.99 US - unlimited masters for 3 months
    $7.99 US - unlimited masters for 6 months
    $13.99 US - unlimited masters for a year

We hope many of you get good use out of it. I think it sounds great, but that depends on your mix and taste. Art is subjective ofcourse. I'll try and post some masters I made with the app soon.

• I'm not much for the subscription method of ios apps, but, I think the 3,6 and 12 month prices are pretty reasonable for a good mastering app.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So, to those who use it such as @JohnnyGoodyear , is this app worth the $99 perpetual license fee in order to have a mastering system on my phone?

Absolutely not (IMHO).

Ouch, lol. ;) Fair enough criticism I suppose. Then again, despite the fact I hate subscription services which have no "end goal" (i.e. a perpetual lifetime license), I think AudioMaster's 3-month subscription for $4.99 is a reasonable enough amount of time to see if saving up the money for the unlimited lifetime usage is worth it. Audio Master has the "end goal". Shit, I spent more on sound toys I used for 15 minutes which now are collecting iDust.

@garygary Gary! Alright, so if you couldn't tell by now, I have some questions. I know how to mix quite well (even on an iPhone), so this part is no problem. I am looking for the "all in one" mastering solution for my iPhone since Auria Pro is not available on the iPhone (and I refuse to jailbreak my device), which means no access to my iPad mastering tools. So...

Question #1: Around what dB of headroom should I keep my mix before feeding it into Audio Master? I mainly produce EDM, and I don't want to send something where the highest peaks reach 0dB, but at the same time, don't want something to be too quiet. I'd like to end up with a great mix which hits the RMS meter up to about -5dB on average (which is typical of modern EDM) without it creating awful distortion which sounds like crud .

Question #2: Which preset(s) would get me the desired results I'm looking for? Examples of modern EDM and the type of mastering I'd like to achieve with my mixes:

That about wraps that up mate. Cheers.

• edited May 2017

Hey @jwmmakerofmusic The rule of thumb with mixes delivered to a mastering engineer is to have them peak no louder than -6db. Leave that headroom for mastering. Also, unless it's absolutely neecessary for your mix, keep away from limiters or compression on your master fader and let the mastering take care of that. Of course, if it's essential to the glue of your mix, keep it on. Trust your ears and gut.

As for which preset to recommend, I'd try the electronic one first, but it really depends so much on your mix and instrumentation. You can export an unlimited amount of masters and A/B them on different stereos and headphones.

Good luck. Happy to answer any questions!

• Also, make it a WAV file at 16bit(not 24bit) with 44100 kHz, prefably no dithering. ;)

• From what I understand, this app is really geared to the user who doesn't want to be drowned in options. Previous reviews have mainly pointed out that it essentially makes your mix louder. This is for those who would pay a premium to avoid being freaked out by Final Touch or Igor Vasiliev's Audio Mastering app.

• edited May 2017

I bought it on a whim without trying it out, when it first came out, because it was the only thing available for iphones. The subscription pricing seems very fair, but I can't help but feel glad that I bought the full, unlimited version when the unlimited option was only $5!! :smiley: I look forward to seeing this app further developed!

• @garygary said:
    Hey @jwmmakerofmusic The rule of thumb with mixes delivered to a mastering engineer is to have them peak no louder than -6db. Leave that headroom for mastering. Also, unless it's absolutely neecessary for your mix, keep away from limiters or compression on your master fader and let the mastering take care of that. Of course, if it's essential to the glue of your mix, keep it on. Trust your ears and gut.

As for which preset to recommend, I'd try the electronic one first, but it really depends so much on your mix and instrumentation. You can export an unlimited amount of masters and A/B them on different stereos and headphones.

Thanks mate. :) This helps.

@Audiojunkie said:
    But I can't help but feel glad that I bought the full, unlimited version when the unlimited option was only $5!! :smiley:

Aw shit. It only costed $5 for the lifetime option? :open_mouth:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    This is for those who would pay a premium to avoid being freaked out by Final Touch or Igor Vasiliev's Audio Mastering app.

Or for us poor iPhone users who need some sort of mastering tool but have no other viable option (yeah, the hell with the super buggy Lurssen). It's true though, if we had an iPhone version of Auria (universal app rather), I wouldn't be looking for another iPhone solution, lol.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I bought it on a whim without trying it out, when it first came out, because it was the only thing available for iphones. The subscription pricing seems very fair, but I can't help but feel glad that I bought the full, unlimited version when the unlimited option was only $5!! :smiley: I look forward to seeing this app further developed!

Bing bing bing.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@garygary said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    But I can't help but feel glad that I bought the full, unlimited version when the unlimited option was only $5!! :smiley:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    This is for those who would pay a premium to avoid being freaked out by Final Touch or Igor Vasiliev's Audio Mastering app.

Or for us poor iPhone users who need some sort of mastering tool but have no other viable option (yeah, the hell with the super buggy Lurssen). It's true though, if we had an iPhone version of Auria (universal app rather), I wouldn't be looking for another iPhone solution, lol.

Ah, the iPhone people. You have my sympathy, though I can't understand your methods in the slightest!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@garygary said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Ah, the iPhone people. You have my sympathy, though I can't understand your methods in the slightest!

Me either neither, i got an ipad, and haven't went back to my ipods yet. Gave them to my kids.

• I love mine! :smiley: Don't get me wrong, I love iPads too. I just have enough money for one though, and the iPhone is plenty sufficient........besides, I just bought a 256Gb iPhone 7 Plus!! Hehehe!! It's like a souped up iPad Micro!! :smiley:

• edited May 2017

@garygary

Okay, so I downloaded your latest version of Audio Master and got the $4.99 subscription to try it out for 3 months. I like it well enough, ESPECIALLY given it can be loaded as an audio unit in AUM (could even be good just for gluing drums on a buss)!

However, I saw NO option for a $99 lifetime license. Is this on a different screen/requires a different way to register? Please don't tell me the lifetime license was discontinued, because no matter how much I like Audio Master, I will have to take my business elsewhere in 3 months' time. I absolutely abhor 100% subscription based apps with no lifetime license option since I lose track of when they renew.

• @5pinlink said:

@studs1966 said:
    Also, make it a WAV file at 16bit(not 24bit) with 44100 kHz, prefably no dithering. ;)

Actually a lot of mastering houses will ask for it in 24bit, some even 96khz, and if it is for film i am regularly asked 32 bit 192 (although i can understand 24bit if they are using a lit of software processing, 32 bit is beyond me haha)

I agree. I normally do that. But I'm asked now by a couple of record labels for that preference. :)

• You've had a mastering engineer ask for something in 192kHz?

• @jwmmakerofmusic Thanks for the compliments on the app. It does work well as a plugin for other purposes besides mastering. You can overload drums or anything you feed into it by cranking the gain. We'll look into the unlimited license and reinstate it on the next update. You have 3 months so we've got time :smile:

• @garygary said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic Thanks for the compliments on the app. It does work well as a plugin for other purposes besides mastering. You can overload drums or anything you feed into it by cranking the gain. We'll look into the unlimited license and reinstate it on the next update. You have 3 months so we've got time :smile:

Lol, so true. It IS quite the versatile app while also quite simple. :) Cheers.

• @garygary said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic Thanks for the compliments on the app. It does work well as a plugin for other purposes besides mastering. You can overload drums or anything you feed into it by cranking the gain. We'll look into the unlimited license and reinstate it on the next update. You have 3 months so we've got time :smile:

I have a question. I purchased the full version of the app when it first came out. I don't see anything that indicates that I have the unlimited version. AFAIK, everything works, but I am just curious if it is an oversight or not.

• Hi @Audiojunkie
    As long as you have the latest update from May 2, you should have everything. Unlimited exports (Wav, mp4 stereo or mono) and the ability to use it as a plugin (Audiobus, IAA, AU). Let us know if you need anything. Always feel free to email us through the app. We usually respond quickly.

• @garygary said:
    Hi @Audiojunkie
    As long as you have the latest update from May 2, you should have everything. Unlimited exports (Wav, mp4 stereo or mono) and the ability to use it as a plugin (Audiobus, IAA, AU). Let us know if you need anything. Always feel free to email us through the app. We usually respond quickly.

Sounds good! Thanks!

• This has just been reduced in price on the App Store I think. Is it worth buying?

• The app needs feedback, like some sort of metering

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    From what I understand, this app is really geared to the user who doesn't want to be drowned in options. Previous reviews have mainly pointed out that it essentially makes your mix louder. This is for those who would pay a premium to avoid being freaked out by Final Touch or Igor Vasiliev's Audio Mastering app.

Klevgrand's Grand Finale is another easy-to-use option.

• We really like the sound of our AudioMaster app. We made a free to download version so you can try it and hear what you’ll get before buying.

When you go to export it’ll give you purchase options. I suggest trying that and deciding which sounds best for your music. Here’s the link. http://appstore.com/futuremoments

We will be adding a meter, but know that it automatically sets your tune to peak at -.1db

Let us know if we can help with anything by emailing through the side menu of the app. We answer every message. 🤟