Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Unique for iPad By Sugar Bytes

Comments

• @Mommersen said:

@AudioGus said:
    Anyone able to tap the 'Manual' button?

we saw that...it's on the list and will be fixed with the next update, aiming for this week. thanks and sorry.

meanwhile you can check here: https://downloads.sugar-bytes.de/manuals/Unique_iPad.pdf

Cool, thanks!

• No Hold Button? Or can i find this?

• edited May 2017

@Mommersen said:

@CrazySynthMan said:
    At the end of the day though, it is solely the devs decision on how to price their apps, and how that might affect the sales of both versions.

hmm, the pricing. maybe not the best subject to discuss it here. To be honest two things were not really on our minds: 1) that there's "universal apps" 2) that you can use the small-screen version on the big devices (kind of) - ...they are identical sound-wise btw.

maybe it's safe to say that we would do it differently in the future with a similar release. From an iPad user's perspective it's all good and reasonable to offer an universal app, but we also wanted a "low barrier" for an iPhone user who never heard of us maybe.

As an iPad buyer I am a little perplexed by this response :) Especially as it seems that folks are buying it for 5 on the phone and using it on the iPad whereas I paid 15 for it on the iPad but am invited to buy it again on the phone....

:) For ALL of that, I am still happy with the Link addition to Egoist and am pleased that you guys are still hard at work. Just letting you know how a seemingly almost abstract decision can spill out into the marketplace from a PR perspective...

• edited May 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

As an iPad buyer I am a little perplexed by this response :) Especially as it seems that folks are buying it for 5 on the phone and using it on the iPad whereas I paid 15 for it on the iPad but am invited to buy it again on the phone....

:) For ALL of that, I am still happy with the Link addition to Egoist and am pleased that you guys are still hard at work. Just letting you know how a seemingly almost abstract decision can spill out into the marketplace from a PR perspective...

:-) we didn't wanna cheat anyone...I guess these are the mysteries of capitalism and pricing. Do you have this as well where the biscuits in a big foodstore chain are branded and cost you three times more than the unbranded ones from the same company in the discounter? Strange, but people buy both, I buy both...Reminds me of this a little.

So you can use the iPhone version on the iPad and you have a few caveats: it doesn't fill the screen and the keyboard is narrower, but still works fine and complete. I guess it's a steal then to get this synth for a fiver. But being cheated at 15? not sure if it works this way. Let's see with the next release...I hope we learn our lesson and find a better and fairer way.

• @Mommersen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear :-) we didn't wanna cheat anyone...I guess these are the mysteries of capitalism and pricing. Do you have this as well where the biscuits in a big foodstore chain are branded and cost you three times more than the unbranded ones from the same company in the discounter? Strange, but people buy both, I buy both...Reminds me of this a little.

So you can use the iPhone version on the iPad and you have a few caveats: it doesn't fill the screen and the keyboard is narrower, but still works fine and complete. I guess it's a steal then to get this synth for a fiver. But being cheated at 15? not sure if it works this way. Let's see with the next release...I hope we learn our lesson and find a better and fairer way.

Appreciate the honest answer. We are all works in progress etc :)

• @Mommersen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@JohnnyGoodyear :-) we didn't wanna cheat anyone...I guess these are the mysteries of capitalism and pricing. Do you have this as well where the biscuits in a big foodstore chain are branded and cost you three times more than the unbranded ones from the same company in the discounter? Strange, but people buy both, I buy both...Reminds me of this a little.

@Mommersen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I think this is a good way to try out the iphone version and buy the ipad version too if you like it. I will certainly do that at some point (I have iphone version for now, it's great). A good way around this might be to have a bundle option for getting both versions so you can save money over buying both individually and have an incentive to get both, instead of a universal option.

• I just see it as a way of getting two instances of an app running on one device! Stick it to the OS! Heh.

• I think, this is still a steal for 15, cut the developers some slack and do your part in making ios a sustainable platform, is what I say. Cheers, t

• @Carnbot said:

@Mommersen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Mommersen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I think this is a good way to try out the iphone version and buy the ipad version too if you like it. I will certainly do that at some point (I have iphone version for now, it's great). A good way around this might be to have a bundle option for getting both versions so you can save money over buying both individually and have an incentive to get both, instead of a universal option.

+1. I'm not sure how much I'll use this, but if it turns out to be an essential tool for what I do, and they offer an incentive for both, then I'll get the iPad version as well.

• I bought both, i Love Sugar Bytes and i have two instances

• But i Need a hold Button

• And pls pls bring Looperator to iOS

• @Bartlinux said:
    But i Need a hold Button

+1

• @MonzoPro said:

@Bartlinux said:
    But i Need a hold Button

+1

For now press the preset title while holding keys. This holds the selected keys on the keyboard - works for me and I think maybe some are reporting this as stuck notes :)

• @Trueyorky said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Bartlinux said:
    But i Need a hold Button

+1

For now press the preset title while holding keys. This holds the selected keys on the keyboard - works for me and I think maybe some are reporting this as stuck notes :)

Thx nice, this works for me

• @Trueyorky said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Bartlinux said:
    But i Need a hold Button

+1

Ah that works...in a really weird, clunky kinda way!

• After a bit more of a play, have to say I'm pretty impressed with this. The modulation options really bring this to life, and the 'vowel' filtering can be tweaked so it doesn't sound like your bog standard 'talking synth' effect. Just made a wicked Krautrock motorik style patch, with the oscillator 'spread' setting modulated by the sequencer.

Clever little synth this.

• edited May 2017

I like it a lot, nice Synth, thx Sugar Bytes

And now looperator for iOS? Come on SB

• @MonzoPro said:
    After a bit more of a play, have to say I'm pretty impressed with this. The modulation options really bring this to life, and the 'vowel' filtering can be tweaked so it doesn't sound like your bog standard 'talking synth' effect. Just made a wicked Krautrock motorik style patch, with the oscillator 'spread' setting modulated by the sequencer.

Is there a way to share said patch? Sounds up my alley

• edited May 2017

No way i think, sad... i Hope preset sharing comes

• @oat_phipps said:

@MonzoPro said:
    After a bit more of a play, have to say I'm pretty impressed with this. The modulation options really bring this to life, and the 'vowel' filtering can be tweaked so it doesn't sound like your bog standard 'talking synth' effect. Just made a wicked Krautrock motorik style patch, with the oscillator 'spread' setting modulated by the sequencer.

Is there a way to share said patch? Sounds up my alley

Not sure - was trying to copy across to my iPad!

• edited May 2017

Just bought the iPhone version.

How about 'absolute dry' in the 'synth pack 1' bank?

Seems pretty 'init' to me...

• Sometimes When i Play a chord the Keyboard holds, its Not really good, i Need a hold that i can control!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Just bought the iPhone version.

How about 'absolute dry' in the 'synth pack 1' bank?

Seems pretty 'init' to me...

Nice find!

• @Bartlinux said:
    Sometimes When i Play a chord the Keyboard holds, its Not really good, i Need a hold that i can control!

It is a bit buggy, I've had stuck keys.

• edited May 2017

Chiming in to say ive got stuck keys all over the place here on the iphon version (running on my ipad mini 4)

• edited May 2017

Just acquired the iPad version of this from a competition (thanks if you're reading) it sounds great and I love the modulation possibilities.

I have an iPad Pro 9.7 on the latest OS and can confirm the UI lag issues reported and acknowledged.

I have faith they will be addressed so picked up the IPhone version to both run two and show support.

It also amuses me somewhat that I have two apps sitting next to each other called "Unique". I am a simple man easily pleased.

• What a killer bass synth. Ive been wanting to make some more earthy deep growly psychedelic stuff and this bass is makin me grimace in a good way

• Hey guys, if you have ab3 and the midiflow keyboard, try it out with Unique. I cant get the mod wheel working but the keys are stellar and i just jammed for a pretty long time with no stuck notes (until i tried on the kb in Unique!)

I did try driving with Geoshred too but the bendiness of the notes was kind of too intense in that slightly out of tune sounding way....

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Hey guys, if you have ab3 and the midiflow keyboard, try it out with Unique. I cant get the mod wheel working but the keys are stellar and i just jammed for a pretty long time with no stuck notes (until i tried on the kb in Unique!)

I did try driving with Geoshred too but the bendiness of the notes was kind of too intense in that slightly out of tune sounding way....

I keep forgetting Geoshred now has MIDI out, thanks for the reminder!